Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

My official top 12 RB list and analysis *long post warning*

Standard scoring non ppr.

1. Adrian Peterson- Why hes here: I cant put AP any lower than the top spot if hes healthy and motivated. Hes a godly freak and I cant u derestimate him again. He has almost zero downside or question marks. Hes played with bad qbs, hes played with good qbs, he always produces. Something like 7 straight years played with 10+ tds.

Why he could be higher: Cant be higher than top spot.
Why he could be lower: I can see someone else here if you really wanted. Hes betting to that age where rbs break down. Mortal rbs that is. Plus he has less mileage after a year off. But thats as close to a downside as you can get.

2. Leveon Bell- This might be controversial since hes going to miss some games to start the season. The upside is you get a guy who would be a near consensus top pick otherwise. You need to really have an rb plan mapped out if you take Bell. As long as you can fill the gap for a few weeks you get a stud the rest of the year with less mileage than other rbs. Pitt offense primed to explode and the defense is. Ot that good so expect shootouts.

Why he could be higher: Sure, if you must have him, take him. As I said, plan accordingly. ***UPDATE*** Suspension reduced to 2 games. Safely draft him anywhere in the top 3 with confidence. PPR hes the unquestioned top pick to me.
Why he could be lower: Hes going to miss those games, you will miss him. Safe drafters might prefer a Marshawn or Lacy, both great picks in his place. They may lack his upside considering the receptions, but they are both workhorses.

3. Jamaal Charles- Why hes here: Hes an absolute monster in fantasy and the centerpiece of the offense. His qb isnt known for airing it out so they run the whole thing through the ground game.

Why he could be higher: Id be fine with him as top pick. He has as much upside as anyone.
Why he could be lower: I wont call him brittle but lets just say charles owners scramble for Knile Davis a few rounds early. Andy Reids usage can be frustrating at times.

4. Eddie Lacy- I feel like he should be drafted exactly where he was last year, wich is right here. He started a bit slow but finished strong. The packer offense means the sky is the limit for his td potential.

Why he could be higher: Some are ranking him as high as 1-2. I feel this is a bit much. Im a packer fan so I love him. Hes a lock for the Gl, can catch passes and will be in tons of first down situations. Thats what I look for most of all, first downs, wich means carries for my guy.
Why he could be lower: While he is involved, he can get lost in the gameplan at times when rodgers decides to throw for 5 tds cuz he feels like it. Tougher defenses can tighten up on him. Its a nitpick for one of the best rb situations in the game tho. I could see him fall no lower than 6th or so.

5. Marshawn Lynch- The Lynchpin. Beasty can still run, and he will do just that for one of the leagues best teams. Dont be fooled, hes not falling off the cliff just yet.

Why he could be higher: If safety is a concern, he could be taken as high as 3rd I think. Hes a solid bet for 1200 10 and you know hes going to be closing out late game wins.
Why he could be lower: I feel his ceiling is getting lower every year as he ages. Theres always a chance for regression as a guy gets older. Jimmy Graham coming to town could change the entire red zone offensive flow. If he falls to the end of the first after guys pick up wrs, jump on him.

6. ***Foster having surgery, hes done.**** will update.

7. Matt Forte- The good old reliable bear. He runs, he catches, he does it all. Some say without the coach there, he may drop off. I dont think so, they still play offense in chicago and hes a big part of it.

Why he could be higher: I cant see much upside to taking him earlier but its not crazy. He stays on the field and has talent, thats alot to ask for nowadays.
Why he could be lower: Brandon Marshall left town, the bears offense might not click how it should. Some may put a guy like CJ anderson or Murray ahead of him wich is understandable. I feel Forte is a safer bet tho.

8. Demarco Murray- New team for him but its a good team. The eagle offense is a scoring machi e as long as a semi competent guy is behind center. Thats how id describe Bradford...semi competent. Sighh. But Demarco has nothing to prove. Stay healthy, check. Dominate, check.

Why he could be higher: The dude was a stud last year in dallas. He can play, plus we have seen what a talented rb can do on this team in Mccoy. If he exploded again I wouldnt be shocked. Feel free to rank him as high as 4th if you must.
Why he could be lower: I dont feel he could be much lower than 1 or 2 spots below this. Ryan Mathews is in town to ease the load but are we scared of that guy? A concern of mine is that Chip is smart. A smart guy knows that Demarco may just be perfect as a 15-20 carry guy to keep him fresh rather than a 20-25 guy. Just a hunch. Also the Oline is not what it was in dallas..he will find the sledding a bit tougher. So lets do some math. Worse Oline means more hits+history of injury+Mathews brought in= Less workload and/or less effective. I dunno.

9. CJ anderson- This is a tough ranking for me. Im not much of A CJ fan at all. But I know one thing, Peyton is good and his rbs bet run off success. Im even less of a Montee Ball fan so CJ has to benefit.

Why he could be higher: I could see him having an even better year than expected and running wild. Just the red zo e chances alone from peyton are enough to make his td upside huge. I could understand him 6th or so.
Why he could be lower: I get a hunch the broncos want to share the load. They want to get other guys involved. Montee Ball could shock me and show up. If you like a guy like Hill more, thats understandable.

10. Carlos Hyde- A surprise here, maybe the first of the list. I like him alot more than everyone else this year. Hes like Alfred morris was with Helu a bit. People are under this impression that the niners are forfeiting the season, wich is false. They will play and Hyde is the guy they brought in to run the ball. Yes reggie is there but cmon, hes best in a third down role. I see Hyde and Hill as similar players in similar situations. I expect a big season.

Why he could be higher: By all means take him higher if you drink the kool aid like I am. Hes young, hungry and has alot to prove. Weve seen worse guys explode and become next hears 1st round pick, why not Hyde?
Why he could be lower: The niners got gutted from fluke retirements. They brought in Reggie bush and not just to tell stories about Kim Ks sweet azz. He will be a part of this offense, maybe even a big part.

11. Jeremy Hill- I, like others, really love Hill. He can play and is on an offense that knows how to use 2 talented rbs. I drafted him extremely late last year as my secret weapon. Later in the season, before he broke out, I traded him in a package for jerrick mckinnon. I then watched as the guy I drafted specifically to lead me to late season victory, did just that for another team and cost me the championship. While jerrick had a good game then did squat.

Why he could be higher: If Bernard goes down, Hill could lead the league. He has great potential even with Gio around. Hes a tough inside runner and underrated outside runner. Rank him top 9 all you want, thats fine.
Why he could be lower: Wasnt Gio everyones darling last year? Hes still there and still good. The fact remains, Gio could take over this team potentially and not just let hill strongarm it from him. If your risk averse, drop him out of the top 12 but know what your potentially giving up.

12. Alfred Morris- Another shocker? Hear me out. If your in the market for A 1200yd and 7td floor rb, Let me introduce you to Alf. Remember that annoying dumbfock Helu whomwould come in and vulture tds from Alf left and right? That parasite is gone now. That one game he scored 4 freakin plunge tds that Alf should have gotten. Would have made him an ehhhh ranked rb to a wow hes a td machine ranked rb. Hes got alot to prove this year as does the skins entire team. I see fewer safer picks than good ol Alf. If you went wr/wr to start and you see Alf in rnd 3 or 4, llucky you.

Why he could be higher: Ehhh not much higher, but a spot sure. Hes not as flashy as others so hes more of an old faithful. Dont bet cute and rank bums like leggaratte blunt or joseph randle ahead of him.
Why he could be lower: At this rank, people could be chasing upside with guys like Mcoy or Forsett wich is understandable. Hes very unsexy ill admit. Im just a sucker for safety in fantasy and if you drafted great wrs and just need an rb who wont fall on his face, thats why I like Alf.

Omissions and explanations.
No Mcoy?! I love Lesean but hate the bills. Hes u derstandable in the top 12 or even top 10, I just think he will dissapoint. There are 2 things certain in life...Death and Fred Jackson starting as a backup but eventually leading the bills in rushing. I see a split eventually.
No Forsett?! Im firmly in the camp of Forsett being one of the many rbs that fails to repeat as a top rb the next year. He has 1 and done written all over him. Expecting back to back great ess from an undersized career journeyman is asking alot.

I'm not a fan of Hyde this season and here's why - They've lost TWO top starters on their offensive line. The 49'ers went from a top run blocking line to mediocre in a matter of a month. Hyde isn't "quick", so he's not going to be on the field for 3rd down as often as you would like. They signed Bush for that role and you also have Hunter who has looked good every opportunity he's had. I do believe the 49'ers will try to stay in games by running the ball, but you just don't lose 40% of your offensive line and remain the same type of team, especially when the 40% you lost was your top two players.

As much as I like Hyde, I traded him in my only two dynasty leagues for these reasons and got great value for him. At best, he's Frank Gore. His floor is seriously low though and I'll let someone else take the risk on him in 2015.

McCoy - I think you're overlooking something with him. The bulk of the carries will go to McCoy. Even if the guy only averages 4.0 ypc, he's going to get over 300 carries and quite a few receptions in that offense. I do worry about him facing the stout fronts he will see this season, but also think he's more talented and a better fit for a team like the Bills than he was for the Eagles. I have him in the in the middle of the top 14 RB's currently.

In a PPR League, I wouldn't have Alfred Morris in my top 12. He's always good for yards though, as you stated. The problem with him is we've already seen his ceiling. If I'm stuck with Alf as my top RB, I'm likely in trouble already. lol I'd pass on him and look for someone later with a higher upside. In PPR, why take Alf at his current ADP when you can take someone like CJ Spiller much later and with his reception totals, will likely get the same production for the year?

• Like 1

So let me get this straight. Im thinking out loud here. You have Murray ahead of Hill? Why? A guy coming of a career year going to a new team with 2 legit backups. Vs a 22 year old stud with only 1 back up who is stricktly a change of pace scat back. from weeks 9-17 Hill led all backs in yards 929 and ypc 5.4 at 21 touches per game and 3 runs of over 60 yards. If you guys want to take old man Foster/Murray/CJ/Hyde above this guy then youre just crazy. Im honestly shocked that everyone is "nervous" About Gio.

• Like 1

Really, many of the above names have their own possible downside/red flags.

Peterson only caught 29 passes his last full season in the league, and isn't considered an elite receiver.

Lacy plays in a city where they like to bring in a slow fullback to cherry pick goal line TD's, plus he has his own injury history. But the big thing about Lacy is I just don't think Green Bay is a committed running team. Only three times last season did Lacy top 20 carries in a game. And he had 14 carries or less in TEN other games. Considering his backup only averaged less than five carries a game that's significant. Plus he only scored 9 rushing TD's in a very high powered offense. GB WR's catch passes and take them to the house.

Forte will be 30 in December, and while he's hasn't topped 300 carries since he was a rookie his work as a receiver adds wear to the tires ie. he's averaged over 80 receptions last three years. Plus the Bears offensive line has been dreadful.

Foster has battled injuries and could break down for good anytime ala Shaun Alexander.

Bell you lose four games.

Murray, I'm more worried about him playing with Mark Sanchez than their offensive line, which is very good in its own regard. But Sproles will get many of the receptions that DeMarco got in Dallas last year.

Hyde, I agree with the comments above vis a vis the Frisco offensive line, plus Kap, plus the coaching changes, plus Hyde as a receiver.

I think people misunderestimate (my favorite W'ism) Bernard's role in the Cincy offense, but even getting 60% of the work Jeremy Hill is going to grab him some cold cuts behind a VERY talented and overlooked Cincinnati offensive line. I wonder if people realize they spent their first two draft picks on offensive tackles? Depth on the O line is invaluable really. Hue Jackson is going to pound the rock, I watched him do it in Oakland, but Bernard will grab the receptions. I look at Jeremy Hill and see Rudi Johnson, 1200 yds 10 TD's.

Was reading an article on Fat Buddy's Son in a pre-draft SI yesterday. He intends to pound Lesean McCoy into the ground. As long as McCoy holds up he's going to post serious numbers in Buffalo.

I will never doubt Jamaal Charles' toughness.

I will never doubt Marshawn Lynch's longevity.

Ted Kubiak is not an RBBC type guy, and he plans to institute a power running game in Denver to protect Peyton Manning. The only red flag with CJ Anderson is the Denver offensive line, which has taken huge hits. For the life of me I cannot understand why some of these teams are not banging down the door of Evan Mathis.

My Top Ten-

Charles

McCoy

Peterson

Lacy

Lynch

Bell

Forte

Anderson

Murray

Hill

I think people misunderestimate (my favorite W'ism) Bernard's role in the Cincy offense, but even getting 60% of the work Jeremy Hill is going to grab him some cold cuts behind a VERY talented and overlooked Cincinnati offensive line. I wonder if people realize they spent their first two draft picks on offensive tackles? Depth on the O line is invaluable really. Hue Jackson is going to pound the rock, I watched him do it in Oakland, but Bernard will grab the receptions. I look at Jeremy Hill and see Rudi Johnson, 1200 yds 10 TD's.

I still think that's a bit low. He did 1100 on 222carries on 5.1... That's as only the starter half the season. So let's assume he gets at least 260 carries at say 4.5ypc that puts him at 1170 and that's not including receptions. I think he's a lock for 1500 total yards. And that's a very safe assumption

I still think that's a bit low. He did 1100 on 222carries on 5.1... That's as only the starter half the season. So let's assume he gets at least 260 carries at say 4.5ypc that puts him at 1170 and that's not including receptions. I think he's a lock for 1500 total yards. And that's a very safe assumption

I think Bernard will see a decrease in his rushing attempts (he had 110 in the first nine weeks before he got hurt and almost 170 on the season) but will probably dominate the passing game out of the backfield. I see Hill as a capable receiver, and a more than capable blocker, but even in the three games Bernard missed he only caught three total passes. I think it's just the way Cincy rotates their backs. But if Hill matches his numbers from last year you're probably close. Also you need to consider the Andy Dalton suckage factor, which has been gaining in strength the last couple years. How many drives is that joker going to kill?

So let me get this straight. Im thinking out loud here. You have Murray ahead of Hill? Why?

I dont think this is a controversial pick, or at least not enough to ask why. Murray was the best rb in the league last year and is on a highly potent offense. Its not a reach of any kind. Gio isnt chopped liver, hes good and still going to be part of that offense.

Sidenote, Melvin Gordon could outscore both of these guys for all we know.

Problem I have with D Murray is that the Eagles also sign Matthews and they still have Sproles , can't see Murray having near the same work load that he had when he was the only Rb with the Cowboys .. When Matthew did play he was good and we all know what Sproles can do and just ask the Eagles rb last season on how Kelly used Polk last season . I see a lot of rotation being used with the Eagles rb this season .

Hyde needs a lot of holes to run through and the Niners oline took two big hits this past off season I don't see top 12 .

Problem I have with D Murray is that the Eagles also sign Matthews and they still have Sproles , can't see Murray having near the same work load that he had when he was the only Rb with the Cowboys .. When Matthew did play he was good and we all know what Sproles can do and just ask the Eagles rb last season on how Kelly used Polk last season . I see a lot of rotation being used with the Eagles rb this season .

I agree and noted those points in my analysis.

Hyde needs a lot of holes to run through and the Niners oline took two big hits this past off season I don't see top 12 .

Yea it wont be easy, but its a hunch of mine.

3. Leveon Bell- This might be controversial since hes going to miss some games to start the season. The upside is you get a guy who would be a near consensus top pick otherwise. You need to really have an rb plan mapped out if you take Bell. As long as you can fill the gap for a few weeks you get a stud the rest of the year with less mileage than other rbs. Pitt offense primed to explode and the defense is. Ot that good so expect shootouts.

Why he could be higher: Sure, if you must have him, take him. As I said, plan accordingly.

Why he could be lower: Hes going to miss those games, you will miss him. Safe drafters might prefer a Marshawn or Lacy, both great picks in his place. They may lack his upside considering the receptions, but they are both workhorses.

Bell is probably a DND in my two redrafts this. He has the four game suspension. I don't see him being in 100% game shape when he 1st comes back Week 5 which might limit him some more. That's 5 weeks without 1st round production. No thanks. There might be an increased injury probability as well...kinda like when a player holds out.

Murray will also be tough for me to draft as well. I don't think I'm mentally tough enough to watch Matthews and Sproles vulture a lot of his production. Not to mention I try to avoid players signing big free agent deals after a career year.

Good thread though. Agree with AP at #1

My problem with Murray is the 393 rushing attempts and 53 catches last season. That's a huge work load that most RBs don't bounce back from.

My problem with Murray is the 393 rushing attempts and 53 catches last season. That's a huge work load that most RBs don't bounce back from.

With Matthews on the Eagles and Sproles he won't get as much work this season .

Tantastic, nice list it takes balls to put out what you think is a top 10 list and then back it up with reasons. I liked the read and your reasons were well thought out..

someone mentioned Bell as a DND I think your crazy if you think drafting Bell will cost you game your crazy and you probably have no idea how to draft a team around a small bump in the road..

Pretty much every RB mentioned you can find a reason to knock, AP coming back from a year off.. will he be the same?!?, Charles gets dinged up could miss a few games? Lacy same thing runs hard has had a concussion..Lynch is gonna run into a wall hes been worked so hard.. Foster has injury history.. Murray will share the load in philly... I could continue down for awhile with all the what if's about running backs.. at the end of the day every running back in this league has a what if factor its who has the best chance to avoid missing games and are you good enough to draft the depth needed to survive an injury to a key player...

Tantastic, nice list it takes balls to put out what you think is a top 10 list and then back it up with reasons. I liked the read and your reasons were well thought out..

someone mentioned Bell as a DND I think your crazy if you think drafting Bell will cost you game your crazy and you probably have no idea how to draft a team around a small bump in the road..

I agree with this. There is a good chance any RB is going to miss some time during the season. The issue is you don't know when or they may be a game time decision. Bells situation is cut and dry. You need a replacement for the first 4 weeks. So you aren't losing RB1 production for that time. You are just losing the difference between Bell and the replacement.

If you take Bell you are most likely going to take Williams. What is the difference between Bell and Williams when they are the featured back? I would think on the high end it is 10 points a week. If you can't plan for being down 10 points for a couple weeks then you didn't have a shot at winning the league anyway. No season goes by the book. This hiccup is just one you can plan for.

I agree with this. There is a good chance any RB is going to miss some time during the season. The issue is you don't know when or they may be a game time decision. Bells situation is cut and dry. You need a replacement for the first 4 weeks. So you aren't losing RB1 production for that time. You are just losing the difference between Bell and the replacement.

If you take Bell you are most likely going to take Williams. What is the difference between Bell and Williams when they are the featured back? I would think on the high end it is 10 points a week. If you can't plan for being down 10 points for a couple weeks then you didn't have a shot at winning the league anyway. No season goes by the book. This hiccup is just one you can plan for.

Bell is only suspended 3 games. I still may pass on him in the first round in the first 8 picks. He may come back slow like other posters mentioned. All of a sudden he picks up steam by week 6. At this point your #1 pick has produced nothing for you. What if your 2-4 and left scrambling trying to make the playoffs?

I don't care how great of a drafter you are etc all you need is a little bad luck and you miss the playoffs.

I will take Lacy or beast mode instead. I have had Dez on many teams the last few years. He is definitely a closer to have on your team. The guy ends the season strong. So in other words I would likely take Brown and Bryant as well over Bell.

Pretty much every RB mentioned you can find a reason to knock, AP coming back from a year off.. will he be the same?!?, Charles gets dinged up could miss a few games? Lacy same thing runs hard has had a concussion..Lynch is gonna run into a wall hes been worked so hard.. Foster has injury history.. Murray will share the load in philly... I could continue down for awhile with all the what if's about running backs.. at the end of the day every running back in this league has a what if factor its who has the best chance to avoid missing games and are you good enough to draft the depth needed to survive an injury to a key player...

I should clarify. Bell will be a DND for me unless I have pick 11 or 12 and he falls that far. Then I have a decision to make. He most assuredly will go in the top 5, though.

When you play in competitive leagues you put yourself behind the 8 ball when you miss on your 1st round pick. Yes, injuries happen but you don't know when they'll occur. You know Bell will miss the first 3 games of the season plus a bye week (week 11). That is 4 out of 13 fantasy weeks he's guaranteed to miss.

IDK...I have to admit missing 3 games instead of the 4 I thought he was going to miss to start the season does lessen the blow a little if one was to take him in the top 5. There's so much similar talent in the 1st round I'd rather have at this point in time, though.

Frank Gore is the guy everyone is overlooking. Truthfully, I've never been a huge fan, but the guy is a gamer & can still ball. Now he lands on a team with, arguably, the best passing attack in the league. Lots of opportunities, including red zone. We see how that fared for CJ Anderson last year.

Yea should be a very good move for Gore and the Colts , but he has a lot of mileage on his legs .

Frank Gore is the guy everyone is overlooking. Truthfully, I've never been a huge fan, but the guy is a gamer & can still ball. Now he lands on a team with, arguably, the best passing attack in the league. Lots of opportunities, including red zone. We see how that fared for CJ Anderson last year.

Shhhhh he's supposed to be my secret draft pick later on in the middle rounds who I think will explode this season

Yea should be a very good move for Gore and the Colts , but he has a lot of mileage on his legs .

This is how I feel. Its kind of hard for a guy like Gore to explode. He could be great, but at some point in the year they will be using multiple rbs. Hes not going to be a 320 carry guy.

Corey Dillon

I should clarify. Bell will be a DND for me unless I have pick 11 or 12 and he falls that far. Then I have a decision to make. He most assuredly will go in the top 5, though.

When you play in competitive leagues you put yourself behind the 8 ball when you miss on your 1st round pick. Yes, injuries happen but you don't know when they'll occur. You know Bell will miss the first 3 games of the season plus a bye week (week 11). That is 4 out of 13 fantasy weeks he's guaranteed to miss.

IDK...I have to admit missing 3 games instead of the 4 I thought he was going to miss to start the season does lessen the blow a little if one was to take him in the top 5. There's so much similar talent in the 1st round I'd rather have at this point in time, though.

update: his suspension reduced to 2 games.

My usual top notch analysis just went down the drain. :shocking:

I think we can now safely insert Bell as a Top 5 pick. Not that the original suspension was holding anyone but me back anyways.

Updated op. He is a safe top overall pick and should go no lower than 3rd overall in any format imo.

Yea

Would you feel comfortable taking him #1.....having Antonio Brown already?

(keeper)

Take a long look at bye weeks and maybe consider Charles or AP.

I swear to god I was so stoked at the thought of teaming them up then grabbing Ben and Martavis Bryant later, cause I think Pitt's gonna have a LOT of shoot-outs and high scoring games, and the last time I grabbed half a team I won my league ( Matty Ice-Julio-Tony Gonzalez )......that I forgot about the bye-week issue. Still think if I can assemble THAT team ( Ben-Brown-Bell-Bryant ) , and grab a couple quality players on the first turn and a quality backup ( Eli,Bridgewater )...I think it's enough. With those quality starters, not planning on stacking RB/WR's...quality backup or two, then I'm assembling my team and taking who I want a bit earlier than expected-( I want Gotskowski kicking and the Legion of Boom, but I'll settle for Miami's D )......I'm pretty sure I'm gonna ROLL....but Peterson HAS been tempting!?! Appreciate the input...Good Luck!

still hard to pass up STARTING my draft with Antonio and Le'Veon as the #1 pick

My quick thoughts on the list: Hyde too high, Hill too low, McCoy should be somewhere in the middle of that list. With only a 2 game suspension I'd put Bell at 1.

Im taking AP over Bell all day. Maybe Bell ends up as a point or two per game better by the end of the season than AP, but AP can still give you those first two games. Plus Bells first game back is against STL. His first game may be mediocre.

• Like 1

Im taking AP over Bell all day. Maybe Bell ends up as a point or two per game better by the end of the season than AP, but AP can still give you those first two games. Plus Bells first game back is against STL. His first game may be mediocre.

Agree with this. I look at the year off for AP as a great thing for him. Came off a 12 game mediocre season to rush for 2000 yards.

Would you consider this in a 0.5 PPR also?

Would you consider this in a 0.5 PPR also?

Yes. I just dont like knowing i am passing on AP, or charles for that matter, for a guy who is missing the first two games. After week 3, sure maybe i would take Bell over AP.

Yes. I just dont like knowing i am passing on AP, or charles for that matter, for a guy who is missing the first two games. After week 3, sure maybe i would take Bell over AP.

Thanks. Just wasnt too sure how much PPR changes rankings...this is my first year with PPR. I have a chance to land Bell, ADP, Charles and Lacy, just trying to get the order down.

Thanks. Just wasnt too sure how much PPR changes rankings...this is my first year with PPR. I have a chance to land Bell, ADP, Charles and Lacy, just trying to get the order down.

Bell simply cant be passed up in ppr of any kind. Id have taken him even with 3 games, 2 is a no brainer. Those 2 weeks go by quick and fantasy rarely is about who has better players. How often has your all stud team been beaten by the guy who starts Marvin jones for his 4 td game or the kicker who gets 18pnts while your top pick gets a 2? Its mostly luck surrounding what your opponent does. Take the guy with longterm upside wich is Bell. Non ppr its a toss up, im a big peterson fan but Bell is young and on one of the best offenses in the league.

Bell simply cant be passed up in ppr of any kind. Id have taken him even with 3 games, 2 is a no brainer. Those 2 weeks go by quick and fantasy rarely is about who has better players. How often has your all stud team been beaten by the guy who starts Marvin jones for his 4 td game or the kicker who gets 18pnts while your top pick gets a 2? Its mostly luck surrounding what your opponent does. Take the guy with longterm upside wich is Bell. Non ppr its a toss up, im a big peterson fan but Bell is young and on one of the best offenses in the league.

Getting into the playoffs is the most important part of fantasy. If your team lost by a few points weeks 1 and 2 because Bell wasnt available, that could be the difference in a playoff birth.

In my big money league i missed the playoffs by 1 win. In my newest dynasty league my team was 2nd in points and i didnt make the playoffs, which shows that even if your team is studly the rest of the season, wins count more than anything. Its not like you are passing up on Lacy or Foster here. I am talking about AP who has been one of the best fantasy backs of all time, and Charles who had a down year and was still 7th overall i believe.