Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Brady Suspension.... UPHELD - 4 games

Let us not forget that Brady, through his union, agreed to exactly this procedure and gave goodell the power to do exactly this.

No way a court overturns this.

Brady is guilty as sin.

And he rightfully deserves a $25k fine or something.

But I get it. After Goodell watched a video of a player hitting a chick and made a ruling, the public saw the same video and got upset.

So then tampering with a football became a major major major crime that's almost half as bad as drunkenly killing a teammate. I get it. The public saw the video afterall.

But Goodell isn't very intelligent, so it'll all level back out soon. Another video will probably help. He will probably give someone 10 games for hitting their wife, but then that video will come out and it'll show that the dude didn't really do anything. The public will call Goodell a fool, and then some QB will get caught scuffing up the ball and it'll only be a $10k fine. So just be patient.

Brady is guilty as sin.

And he rightfully deserves a $25k fine or something.

But I get it. After Goodell watched a video of a player hitting a chick and made a ruling, the public saw the same video and got upset.

So then tampering with a football became a major major major crime that's almost half as bad as drunkenly killing a teammate. I get it. The public saw the video afterall.

But Goodell isn't very intelligent, so it'll all level back out soon. Another video will probably help. He will probably give someone 10 games for hitting their wife, but then that video will come out and it'll show that the dude didn't really do anything. The public will call Goodell a fool, and then some QB will get caught scuffing up the ball and it'll only be a $10k fine. So just be patient.

Can't compare off the field stuff (no matter how bad they screwed it up).

NFL even came out and said it was similar to a PED ruling because it was done to gain an advantage on the field.

Can't compare off the field stuff (no matter how bad they screwed it up).

NFL even came out and said it was similar to a PED ruling because it was done to gain an advantage on the field.

If Brady had come out and said "yeah, I was in the grey area with the rules, my bad, won't happen again." He'd probably have only been fined.

Instead he acted like a child, threw tantrums, lied, destroyed evidence, and threatened lawsuits.

Not to mention, he cost two men their jobs.

This suspension is for being a haughty kunt, not for deflating footballs.

It's like the Bruce pearl case at Tennessee. He didn't get a three year show cause for having a prospect at a barbecue. It was because he lied.

If Brady had come out and said "yeah, I was in the grey area with the rules, my bad, won't happen again." He'd probably have only been fined.

Instead he acted like a child, threw tantrums, lied, destroyed evidence, and threatened lawsuits.

Not to mention, he cost two men their jobs.

This suspension is for being a haughty kunt, not for deflating footballs.

It's like the Bruce pearl case at Tennessee. He didn't get a three year show cause for having a prospect at a barbecue. It was because he lied.

Reasonable people understand this.

Many Pats fans are without reason (and a few that just hate Goodell).

Brady handled it wrong.

It's still ridiculous that if TMZ hadn't gotten that elevator video, this is just a fine. You guys know I'm right.

Goodell simply has no code or standards and he picks and chooses which rules matter based on what he thinks will get him the best/worst press coverage that week. And I am one to view the corrupt judge with more distain than the corrupt citizen.

Brady handled it wrong.

It's still ridiculous that if TMZ hadn't gotten that elevator video, this is just a fine. You guys know I'm right.

Goodell simply has no code or standards and he picks and chooses which rules matter based on what he thinks will get him the best/worst press coverage that week. And I am one to view the corrupt judge with more distain than the corrupt citizen.

Oh I agree with that. The NFL process is a clown show.

If I were in charge, I'd do it this way. I, as commissioner, hand down the original punishment. Appeals are heard by a three person panel, one member of the players union, one representative appointed by the owners, and the head of officiating.

I wouldn't want to hear my own appeals.

• Like 1

THEN WHO FOCKING CARES THAT IT WAS DESTROYED? :doh:

It seems the geek clubs self appointed house counsel can't seem to grasp a simple concept: The NFL isn't the government. It's a private business with its own rules, agreed upon with the players in collective bargaining. The 4th amendment, probable cause and any other legal standard you are attempting to apply here doesn't matter. His employer, key word here, requested his phone. He didn't have to hand it over, he didn't, and nobody subpoenaed him or attempted to obtain it via a search warrant. But he does have to deal with the consequences of not turning it over. To your question, as to why anyone cares about the phone, they don't. They care about the texts. The texts that would show Brady's actions prior to and subsequent to the texts between him and the patriot employees. Let's say right after the text with the ballboy, he then sends a text to the head coach or owner. Do you think that might be relevant? The people doing the investigating obviously thought it was, and so did Brady, or he would have turned them over and not destroyed his phone.

THEN WHO FOCKING CARES THAT IT WAS DESTROYED? :doh:

Do you know when he destroyed it?

The day he met with Wells...how would he have known what they would have asked for?

He destroyed it for a reason...you have to know this.

Even ed knows how stupid this is and called him out.

So funny that some of you will keep holding on hope.

You'd think they could make an exception for someone who played with head injuries throughout his career and then shot himself in the chest so doctors could examine his brain. They missed a golden positive PR opportunity. Goodell fawking sucks midget donkey balls.

Maybe he should just not shot himself?

It seems the geek clubs self appointed house counsel can't seem to grasp a simple concept: The NFL isn't the government. It's a private business with its own rules, agreed upon with the players in collective bargaining. The 4th amendment, probable cause and any other legal standard you are attempting to apply here doesn't matter. His employer, key word here, requested his phone. He didn't have to hand it over, he didn't, and nobody subpoenaed him or attempted to obtain it via a search warrant. But he does have to deal with the consequences of not turning it over. To your question, as to why anyone cares about the phone, they don't. They care about the texts. The texts that would show Brady's actions prior to and subsequent to the texts between him and the patriot employees. Let's say right after the text with the ballboy, he then sends a text to the head coach or owner. Do you think that might be relevant? The people doing the investigating obviously thought it was, and so did Brady, or he would have turned them over and not destroyed his phone.

Where did I say anything about the Fourth Amendment or a subpoena or a search warrant? :blink:

And I've never self-appointed myself anything. Unlike you I am not a tremendous dooshbag, or at least I am but in a different way

Where did I say anything about the Fourth Amendment or a subpoena or a search warrant? :blink:

And I've never self-appointed myself anything. Unlike you I am not a tremendous dooshbag, or at least I am but in a different way

You know what's so funny? People like saying I wasn't cop just because its easy. They don't have to back it up and it's an easy dig. You, on the other hand, well, people do not think you're a lawyer because you get so much, let's say "lawery" stuff wrong. Let me know when you can call me out on police related procedure ect as it pertains to my former employment. But you need to work harder at your craft. The fact that you don't get why they wanted those texts is an indication of your lack of skill in the legal field. Less time with the geeks, more time with the briefs. Mmmmkay?

You know what's so funny? People like saying I wasn't cop just because its easy. They don't have to back it up and it's an easy dig. You, on the other hand, well, people do not think you're a lawyer because you get so much, let's say "lawery" stuff wrong. Let me know when you can call me out on police related procedure ect as it pertains to my former employment. But you need to work harder at your craft. The fact that you don't get why they wanted those texts is an indication of your lack of skill in the legal field. Less time with the geeks, more time with the briefs. Mmmmkay?

So you admit I never said anything about the Fourth Amendment and you were entirely full of sh1t in suggesting otherwise. :thumbsup:

Also, of course I understand why the NFL wanted the texts. That isn't the issue. The question is whether they were entitled to Brady's personal cellphone. That seems like quite an overreach to me although I suppose it would ultimately be determined by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

Ratsass if you think I'm a lawyer or not but quit intentionally misrepresenting my position.

So you admit I never said anything about the Fourth Amendment and you were entirely full of sh1t in suggesting otherwise. :thumbsup:

Also, of course I understand why the NFL wanted the texts. That isn't the issue. The question is whether they were entitled to Brady's personal cellphone. That seems like quite an overreach to me although I suppose it would ultimately be determined by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

Ratsass if you think I'm a lawyer or not but quit intentionally misrepresenting my position.

Regarding your beloved patriots and their latest cheating scandal, you have attempted to apply legal burdens of proof and legal procedures to the situation, and seemingly not grasp that they are not applicable. My reply was a generalization of your past statements, not the specific one you refer to. Ratsass as well if you don't like it.

Perfect. So you admit that you're no longer doubting Brady's guilt or his reason for destroying evidence. You're simply questioning the procedures.

Unfortunately for you, the rest of the country is concerned with your teams' constant cheating and cover up attempts. You can do what you do best- trying to keep guilty ass holes on the street and without punishment. And everyone else can try to figure out how to stop this disgusting team from thinking the rules don't apply to them.

If I was Tom Brady, I'm destroying my phone as well. Why?

I fully believe info on Brady's personal life would be mysteriously leaked by this point if the NFL has his phone. Maybe info on some ugly fight he got into with Giselle. Maybe info on some 24 year old that sent him pics. Maybe some texts in which Brady talks about smoking a joint.

There is a very valid theory out there that this whole story only exists to the extent it does because the league doesn't want us talking about the fact that their game destroys brains. They'd use his personal info in the same way, no doubt.

At least that would be my thinking. No way I am handing over my phone, and trusting this particular commissioner to be honorable.

I fully believe info on Brady's personal life would be mysteriously leaked by this point if the NFL has his phone. Maybe info on some ugly fight he got into with Giselle. Maybe info on some 24 year old that sent him pics. Maybe some texts in which Brady talks about smoking a joint.

There is a very valid theory out there that this whole story only exists to the extent it does because the league doesn't want us talking about the fact that their game destroys brains. They'd use his personal info in the same way, no doubt.

At least that would be my thinking. No way I am handing over my phone, and trusting this particular commissioner to be honorable.

How many times do people have to be told that no one ever asked that Brady turn his phone over?? Tinfoil hats for everyone!

Again...they never asked for his phone.

Why do supporters keep asking that...they never asked for it.

Period.

They asked for Tom and his agents to go through it and give them the relevant texts.

They didn't do it before the meetings because they refused...then on the day of him testifying...he destroys his phone.

Then say they gave the NFL a spreadsheet with who he contacted and suggest the NFL contact all of those people for evidence. Nevermind that those people were not subject to the CBA and were not compelled then to provide the NFL with any information (like Brady was).

The only people this does not seem fishy to are blind Pats homers at this point. Id say a good percentage of Pats fans now admit what others have already known...but some of you are still holding on.

His broken phone crap is already showing to be a complete lie after he claimed he routinely destroys old phones.

He is a terrible liar...yet he has you all fooled.

How many times do people have to be told that no one ever asked that Brady turn his phone over?? Tinfoil hats for everyone!

Use some common sense Newbie.

Did you think the NFL was going to ask Brady to bring his phone in, then sit in a room with Brady and his lawyer while the two of them pick and choose texts and calls to allow the NFL to see? Even someone as dumb as Iamwood would know to just delete the incriminating texts and leave the innocent ones, then show them to the league.

Maybe the league wouldn't make Tom Brady leave without his phone, but then they would have to replicate it first. Then they would have to search everything on it, including trying to recover deleted data. At that point, they have everything that has ever been on that phone.

But yeah, if the league had called me and told my lawyer and I that they only need to see the texts related to this case that are still on the phone ? Then sure. We will be at your offices in 2 hours after we stop and have a bite to eat on the way in.

They asked for Tom and his agents to go through it and give them the relevant texts.

If that's all they asked for, then yes. Brady and his lawyer are beyond stupid. As Brady could have just sent a hand full of texts that are about tacos and stuff, and said there weren't any texts related to deflating balls.

Somehow, I can't imagine any investigative person in the entire world saying "Hey suspect, you just get together with your legal team and you guys send me the texts you want me to have as evidence in this case.". But maybe :dunno:

Isn't the phone kind of a moot point, now that it's in court, can't they subpoena the records from AT&T or whoever?

If that's all they asked for, then yes. Brady and his lawyer are beyond stupid. As Brady could have just sent a hand full of texts that are about tacos and stuff, and said there weren't any texts related to deflating balls.

Somehow, I can't imagine any investigative person in the entire world saying "Hey suspect, you just get together with your legal team and you guys send me the texts you want me to have as evidence in this case.". But maybe :dunno:

That is exactly what the NFL asked of him though.

And Brady and his lawyers/agent said no.

Isn't the phone kind of a moot point, now that it's in court, can't they subpoena the records from AT&T or whoever?

They won't...I don't think its part of what the case will be.

Its all about the procedure now...which is why its tough on Brady and the NFLPA. They agreed to this procedure in the CBA.

That is exactly what the NFL asked of him though.

And Brady and his lawyers/agent said no.

I'm sure the league said that is all they wanted off the phone.

But I can't believe they told Brady and his lawyer that they could go through it and send over relevant texts without the league checking the phone themselves. Because those are two very different things.

One of the things I read is that unless the texts are on someone else's phone, provider won't have them...maybe Obama can get the NSA to shed some light on it.

Once again, I axed this earlier. Why don't they go after the guy that Brady sent the incriminating texts to?

Let's not forget that the NFL has put out misinformation in this very case. That stuff about 11 of 12 balls deflated 2 psi...not true. And they never bothered to correct it.

So no, I'm not giving my personal cell phone to an organization that leaks like a seive and has proven it's reckless disregard for the truth.

Once again, I axed this earlier. Why don't they go after the guy that Brady sent the incriminating texts to?

That guy is not compelled by the CBA to provide the NFL with anything.

Brady is...

Because some of the texts that could be pertinent may be texts to people that aren't being questioned as part of the process. I'm sure that once he knew he was busted, he was texting his agent about it. His lawyer. They had access to the ball boys' phones. So they could see those texts. But I'm sure there were some very incriminating texts to other key people in Brady's life. That's why Brady first refused to cooperate, and then decided to simply destroy the phone.

Let's not forget that the NFL has put out misinformation in this very case. That stuff about 11 of 12 balls deflated 2 psi...not true. And they never bothered to correct it.

So no, I'm not giving my personal cell phone to an organization that leaks like a seive and has proven it's reckless disregard for the truth.

Why do you keep acting like they asked him to give up his phone?

It just makes you look stupid.

Let us not forget that Brady, through his union, agreed to exactly this procedure and gave goodell the power to do exactly this.

No way a court overturns this.

Yup

Brady, NFLPA likely to come up short in federal court challenge
Lester Munson, Legal Analyst
Question: Will Brady succeed in court and stop the NFL from suspending him for four games?
Answer: No, Brady will not succeed. Although he enjoys top-of-the-line legal representation and his lawyers will file a brilliantly written lawsuit, his effort to stop the suspension is doomed. There are two reasons why: First, federal judges are reluctant to reconsider the rulings of arbitrators; second, Goodell produced a decision on Brady that is brilliantly reasoned, meticulously detailed, and well-written. Goodell's recitation of the evidence of the tampering with game balls is powerful, and his description of Brady's attempt at a cover-up is persuasive.

This story isn't about deflating footballs.

We love the NFL. One way or another it will be page 1 news every day. If this Brady story wasn't dominating, what would be dominating? Concussions and Junior Seau's daughter, etc. That's why an incident from January is still being dealt with 6 months later.

And 4 time champion, current Super Bowl Champion, arguably greatest QB's of all time being in trouble are front page-knock concussions off the ESPN crawl- type news stories. A equipment guy not handing over his phone doesn't do much for the media. That's your answer.

Yup

Brady, NFLPA likely to come up short in federal court challenge
Lester Munson, Legal Analyst
Question: Will Brady succeed in court and stop the NFL from suspending him for four games?
Answer: No, Brady will not succeed. Although he enjoys top-of-the-line legal representation and his lawyers will file a brilliantly written lawsuit, his effort to stop the suspension is doomed. There are two reasons why: First, federal judges are reluctant to reconsider the rulings of arbitrators; second, Goodell produced a decision on Brady that is brilliantly reasoned, meticulously detailed, and well-written. Goodell's recitation of the evidence of the tampering with game balls is powerful, and his description of Brady's attempt at a cover-up is persuasive.

Yup. This is why Brady is doomed. No one destroys their cell phone. Only one reason that he did.

I'm not quite sure who's winning this thread, but you're definitely losing it.

We love the NFL. One way or another it will be page 1 news every day. If this Brady story wasn't dominating, what would be dominating? Concussions and Junior Seau's daughter, etc. That's why an incident from January is still being dealt with 6 months later.

And 4 time champion, current Super Bowl Champion, arguably greatest QB's of all time being in trouble are front page-knock concussions off the ESPN crawl- type news stories. A equipment guy not handing over his phone doesn't do much for the media. That's your answer.

Really?

You think the NFL purposely went after Brady...forced him to stupidly destroy evidence...so they dont' have to talk about Concussions and a policy that has been in place about deceased HOF inductees?

ooof...

You're out of your mind. Brady is one of the league's biggest draws. The league gains nothing having him sit out. Especially in the opener against Pittsburgh. Brady brought this all upon himself. He should have manned up immediately. Once you get too deep into a lie, you have no choice but to hold on tight to it, lest you look like a total ass hole. He's in too deep to eat crow now. So he's going to keep crying that he's innocent. When no one else in the world believes him. At least Pats fans have finally switched over to a procedures defense and aren't still trying to say that Brady is innocent.

ROG and the NFL front office going full bore against Brady and salting the fields behind them in an ongoing effort to wrongfully damage the reputation of their Super Bowl champion for...reasons