Sign in to follow this  
lowjo31

Setting up custom league scoring

I have used this program for several years. Each year I seem to try to figure out how to input our scoring system into the draft buddy and each year I figure it a little different. Is there a way to input the following:

Scoring for QBs

PaTD Passing TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 20 to 39 Yds

Plus 6 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds

PaYd Passing Yards 0 - 249 PaYds = 0 points

250 - 299 PaYds = 4 points

300 - 349 PaYds = 6 points

350 - 399 PaYds = 8 points

400+ PaYds = 12 points

Re2P Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 20 to 39 Yds

Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh. Glad to have you back again this year.

The distance scoring TD is pretty straight forward. Input 6 points in the regular pass TD scoring. Then put 3 in the 20-29 and 30-39 lines in the pass TD distance scoring, and 6 for each range after that.

Any tiered yardage scoring is going to be tough to get exactly, because as you know we don't have yardage on a per game basis, and taking an average isn't the answer either. What we can do is try to approximate as close as we can to your scoring, and in your case I kind of wonder about giving zero points in the regular yardage scoring, and just using the 300+ yard game scoring category.

If we assign, say, 8 fantasy points for every 300+ yardage game, then it will score more points for games the QB lands in the 300-349 range, but make up for games where they should have had 4 for hitting 250-300. Over 350 is pretty rare (for one QB to do it multiple times), and not even sure we'd want a 400+ yard game to factor into the rankings. If you drop in 8 or 9 fantasy points for a 300+ yard game, and run the Compile Cheatsheets, what do you think about the fantasy scoring? Does it seem pretty reasonable to your league's historical scoring?

We don't project 2 points converts... although I guess they could be a little more prevalent this season.

Similar method as above for the other positions.

I will plug it like that and check it out. What do you recommend for rushing/receiving yards, which score as follows:

Rushing Yards 0 - 49 RuYds = 0 points

50 - 74 RuYds = 2 points

75 - 99 RuYds = 4 points

100 - 124 RuYds = 6 points

125 - 149 RuYds = 8 points

150 - 199 RuYds = 10 points

200+ RuYds = 14 points

Josh

How about 1 per 25 and a +2 bonus for a 100+ yard rushing or receiving game.