Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Slow Draft

You know round one had so much hope, over half, maybe 3/5 had preselects in. I mean we got bogged down by Gary for 18 hours but it looked so promising.

Then, we've had many people timing out and getting auto picked. It's all quite frustrating. It's not like we're in danger of missing kickoff but we're really using a lot of time.

10 picks to go.

Thank God my picks are done. Between this and 12G1C, I've been super annoyed at the lack of attention people seem to have.

We're in the middle of the draft, I've got two people already timing out multiple times, neither have checked in for two days.

Thats the benefit of making this a money league, everyone pays, everyone is there for the draft. Not a lot but you would be surprised how ten dollars can make someone interested or not interested in something. Just annoying for me because I footed the bill (thanks to everyone who PayPaled me money) and theres two to three guys who aren't even interested in their draft picks. There is no reason someone shouldn't be able to log on and make a pick in twelve hours. I think we should already be looking for their replacements personally.

We're in the middle of the draft, I've got two people already timing out multiple times, neither have checked in-house for two days.

Doesn't MFL have an option to auto pick for an owner if they time out a certain number of times?

Thats the benefit of making this a money league, everyone pays, everyone is there for the draft. Not a lot but you would be surprised how ten dollars can make someone interested or not interested in something. Just annoying for me because I footed the bill (thanks to everyone who PayPaled me money) and theres two to three guys who aren't even interested in their draft picks. There is no reason someone shouldn't be able to log on and make a pick in twelve hours. I think we should already be looking for their replacements personally.

There's plenty of reasons why people can't make a pick in 12 hours. I for one work 12 hour shifts in a place with spotty Internet service at best and whereally I could get fired if the wrong person saw me in the wrong place using my phone

You guys need to chill out

There's plenty of reasons why people can't make a pick in 12 hours. I for one work 12 hour shifts in a place with spotty Internet service at best and whereally I could get fired if the wrong person saw me in the wrong place using my phone

You guys need to chill out

The only reason that would apply if you went on the clock right as you clocked into work and then it auto picked when you were clocking out. Believe me I understand people are busy, I am a very busy person myself, but I don't commit to something unless I know I am going to do it.

You know round one had so much hope, over half, maybe 3/5 had preselects in. I mean we got bogged down by Gary for 18 hours but it looked so promising.

Then, we've had many people timing out and getting auto picked. It's all quite frustrating. It's not like we're in danger of missing kickoff but we're really using a lot of time.

10 picks to go.

Hey, I was checking in every three hours and by the time it got to me, I was super busy and could not get to the site. Sorry bro. :cheers:

The only reason that would apply if you went on the clock right as you clocked into work and then it auto picked when you were clocking out. Believe me I understand people are busy, I am a very busy person myself, but I don't commit to something unless I know I am going to do it.

My only point was that if you sign up for a draft with a 12 hour clock then you should expect that some people will take their time to make their pick. If nothing else exploring trades and junk. If you want people to draft in 4 hours make a 4 hour clock. I wasnt trying to defend the owners who have timed out. As for them, IMO they should be skipped the first time and allowed to make a pick when they finally show up, and put on auto skip (forced predrafting) after the second miss. But then im so mean that i kicked a guy out of 12G1C for snoring too loud. :)

My only point was that if you sign up for a draft with a 12 hour clock then you should expect that some people will take their time to make their pick. If nothing else exploring trades and junk. If you want people to draft in 4 hours make a 4 hour clock. I wasnt trying to defend the owners who have timed out. As for them, IMO they should be skipped the first time and allowed to make a pick when they finally show up, and put on auto skip (forced predrafting) after the second miss. But then im so mean that i kicked a guy out of 12G1C for snoring too loud. :)

I think if you miss a pick the next person in line gets your slot and they go behind them, until they decide to log on and make a pick. I'm not worrying about the guy that takes 6 hours, I do that sometimes I explore trades etc.. but if the clock runs out, and it auto picks for you, skip the auto pick it goes to the next guy once he picks your on the clock again.. etc..

Suck a C@ck

I think that means 'hello, good to see you guys again' in NYC gang culture dialect.

I think that means 'hello, good to see you guys again' in NYC gang culture dialect.

I like your optimism, but I'm pretty sure it means "eat a d!ck", in any language.

I like your optimism, but I'm pretty sure it means "eat a d!ck", in any language.

Shotsup is hard to get a read on for the beginner, but I've had many years of practice making sense out of his nonsense.

Shotsup is hard to get a read on for the beginner, but I've had many years of practice making sense out of his nonsense.

:wave: