Sign in to follow this  
TheBlade

Injured Reserve

I've tried twice now to put Dennis Pitta on IR, but it won't let me because it's saying that he's not listed as out. Ironically, they have him listed as out and the news from their very own site has him listed as on the PUP/Injured list, so he's out for at least 6 weeks. Can I get some help here? I need the roster spot since he's injured. Thanks!

I'm on it.

He's on Reserve/PUP which is different than IR. I gave Kevin White in the same situation not on IR. Thjs'd make a good vote.

I voted no, simply because it is an IR list not a PUP list. Players that are on IR are out for the season, so an owner should be able compensate for that with a waiver wire pick up. But if we start putting PUP players on the IR whats next? Are we going to start allowing players that are suspended to be placed on IR? It's basically the same thing in fantasy football.

I voted no, simply because it is an IR list not a PUP list. Players that are on IR are out for the season, so an owner should be able compensate for that with a waiver wire pick up. But if we start putting PUP players on the IR whats next? Are we going to start allowing players that are suspended to be placed on IR? It's basically the same thing in fantasy football.

IR changed last year. It's still mostly what you say, but noe they have a new designation: IR designated to return which is similar to PUP.

I think we should just leave IR players IR players. Whats the difference (in fantasy) between a player suspended for 6 games or a player placed on PUP at the beginning of the season? There is to much of a grey area and if we just kept it the way it is, I feel it is better for the league. If a player is on PUP list and he is worth putting on your IR rather than dropping, that owner shouldn't have an advantage on the waiver wire over an owner that has a player that is suspended.

But the people will vote, thats just my reasoning.

I think we should just leave IR players IR players. Whats the difference (in fantasy) between a player suspended for 6 games or a player placed on PUP at the beginning of the season? There is to much of a grey area and if we just kept it the way it is, I feel it is better for the league. If a player is on PUP list and he is worth putting on your IR rather than dropping, that owner shouldn't have an advantage on the waiver wire over an owner that has a player that is suspended.

But the people will vote, thats just my reasoning.

An NFL team is allowed to add another player to their 53-man roster when a player is on the PUP list, so why can't I?

So I am seeing a bunch of teams put PUP players on their IR list before the newly proposed rule has been passed..... come on guys

So I am seeing a bunch of teams put PUP players on their IR list before the newly proposed rule has been passed..... come on guys

there's just Turbin that I can tell.

Quick question though, what is the rules on voting? Do we just need majority? And at this point am I able to move Cobb to IR?

MFL is now listing Kevin White as IR (rather than PUP) and has made him eligible to be placed on IR without using the commish password. So they're letting the horse out of the barn for us.

More precisely, the designation on my team page for White is IR-pup. So, as an owner, I see that White is PUP but when I look at all 14 rosters, all I see is the "I" there next to his name. It doesn't differentiate PUP and IR for us. And since I can move him logged in a 'Falcons' rather than 'Commissioner' everybody can.

Overriding MFL is too much effort to police. I'll be in everybody's face babysitting all year.

Anyways, I see more clearly what you're saying now. Pitta must be the same way as White, I checked then double checked him, thus the discrepancy. Anybody taking a quick glance at White wouldn't see anything amiss unless they dug deeper.

Also, a big reason I threw in the towel with White was that you threw it in first with Cobb. :P Really this looks like it'll be a tie and if so, we can default to 'lazy.' Rather than roster overseer police.

I was the 1 kumquat. I could be swayed to either side, for the right price. ;)