Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Fanduel - Straight up? Step inside......

So I'm reviewing a couple of the big money $5 Tournament ($1 Million Sun NFL Rush - $100k to 1st) & $2 Tournament ($250K Sun NFL Snap $20k to 1st) that I was in and naturally I take a look at the guy in the #1 spot. I see this ident (mcclellanmel) has claimed the $100k first prize and 1st and 2nd for the $20k each prize. I think 'wow; great lineups' then realize they're the same lineups.

Not that I don't roll the same lineup in a couple different tourneys because I do. However, I would expect to see that this person entered more than just the top lineup in both those contests. I searched through all the pages of people that won in those events and the only entries he had were taking 1st ($100k) and 1st and 2nd ($20k x 2). VERY ODD to see someone nail it like that let alone use ONLY the 1 PM games. Guy was a member since Thursday (yes, I realize it might be a 2nd profile for someone) which only adds to the oddness of the situation.

Also, the guy who took 3rd, 4th and 5th place ($5,333.33 x 3) in the $250k tourney only had those 3 entries as well (all 3 the same lineup). This guy (iamcanadian306) was a member since last Monday.

All the other smaller tourneys I entered showed no odd entries such as these. That being said, I'll stick to the smaller tourneys for awhile and continue monitoring this stuff.

hmmm. You suspect the fix is in by fandual? Thats what it would seem to me. This why I dont bother with that .

I play the double up and quadruple up.only 200 entries allowed and I'm in 18th and 90th, and I have Brandon Marshall left in both. I may lose the double up but my quadruple up I'm pretty sure I'm locked in to win. I don't play the big money ones for that reason, but I enjoy the double or quadruple up. I try to find ones with less entries

I stopped last year because I had the same feeling after noticing weird coincidences like you posted. Very new accounts taking the top prizes seems odd but not impossible. And yes it smelled exactly like internet poker. It is much easier to hide a bogus acct. in the larger tournaments since nobody could possibly go through each entry and notice improprieties without some oversight. The nail in the coffin for me was Fanduel's infomercials. Infomercials touting how much money somebody has made using a product...you know how this ends.

Thanks for taking the time to do that,very interesting find.I've often wondered about this myself.Luckily,I've been playing on house money since last December and I'll be damned if I give it all back.Had another decent hit last weekend but nothing like what these other accounts are raking in.

• Like 1

What's a decent hit to you ?

I've had two $2 tourney entries that paid $1000,the first was $700 and last weekend was $300.

Thanks for taking the time to do that,very interesting find.I've often wondered about this myself.Luckily,I've been playing on house money since last December and I'll be damned if I give it all back.Had another decent hit last weekend but nothing like what these other accounts are raking in.

I am sending them a message about it although I doubt it does any good. It's just too hard to believe some one rolls out that lineup and ONLY that lineup. All 1:00 P.M. games and 3 players owned are less than 1% owned. That's equivalent to playing 3 slot machines and they all hit.

I'll switch up to 50/50 or multiplier games from here out.

I am sending them a message about it although I doubt it does any good. It's just too hard to believe some one rolls out that lineup and ONLY that lineup. All 1:00 P.M. games and 3 players owned are less than 1% owned. That's equivalent to playing 3 slot machines and they all hit.

I'll switch up to 50/50 or multiplier games from here out.

Who were the 3 players? All I get on the link is a screenshot of the game.

Who were the 3 players? All I get on the link is a screenshot of the game.

Check out the third link http://smg.photobucket.com/user/charliedontsurf/media/mcclellanmel-sept21stA_zpsp7eb2yzk.jpg.html that shows the guy's lineup.

Shane Vereen .3% owned

Crabtree .2% owned

Janikowski .9% owned

Sure, having 1 or 2 of them in your SOLE lineup is plausible but all three and he banks 1st in one and 1st and 2nd in the other. Combine that with Fitz in there just makes it unbelievable for a single entry win. The cherry on top is him having just joined Thursday.

Stinks like a wh0rehouse in July.

• Like 1

Check out the third link http://smg.photobucket.com/user/charliedontsurf/media/mcclellanmel-sept21stA_zpsp7eb2yzk.jpg.html that shows the guy's lineup.

Shane Vereen .3% owned

Crabtree .2% owned

Janikowski .9% owned

Sure, having 1 or 2 of them in your SOLE lineup is plausible but all three and he banks 1st in one and 1st and 2nd in the other. Combine that with Fitz in there just makes it unbelievable for a single entry win. The cherry on top is him having just joined Thursday.

Stinks like a wh0rehouse in July.

Not surprising for new players to FanDuel, every other commercial is their advertising. As for the 3 players, that's not far fetched, especially considering 1 is a kicker.

I just recently started playing and I tend to put 1 lineup together I really like and enter it into a few contests. So it isn't surprising to see him win in multiples if his lineup is stellar that week. And for the 3 players that not many people took, you do realize that DFS are blowing up atm, so the sample size is getting ridiculous as to the number of random players people will be taking, so there will always be a crazy lineup putting up tons of points. Fanduel is raking tons in off the top of every game they run, I seriously doubt they would bother to risk the money that is pouring in lately, by trying to cheat.

Is this a frequency bias sort of issue?

I'm no defender,or even player, of DFS. But isn't it possible and perhaps plausible for this to happen every week?

For more info, check the people who finished at the bottom. Are there a lot of guys who look just like this--new player, one roster across multiple games, who didn't win squat?

If so, then this is just the lucky guy who makes everyone say "Heeeeeyyyyy..." But if the rest of the game, including the very bottom, is only full of people who play multiple rosters, something may indeed be problematic.

In order to believe that unlikely odds makes something fishy, we need to see more stats.

The CEO has to pay for more advertising. :thumbsdown:

Those damn ads, too.

If a single one of those guys in the commercials looked like anything more than a former C average frat guy turned suburban desk jockey with aspirations of some day owning his own speedboat, I'd consider playing.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/condia-lineup-changed-mid-game-i-am-in-probably-50-217383

I know technical glitches can happen but if you scroll down to the supposed response from FD...it stinks. Just because it was only caught that time doesn't mean it isnt happening still. Maybe my aluminum hat is blocking my brain waves but it just seems so easy to manipulate any contest they want without some oversight.

Here's a copy of the email I sent their support. That and $5 will get me a cup of coffee (yeah, I prefer the good stuff)

"Last night as I'm reviewing a couple of the big money $5 Tournament ($1 Million Sun NFL Rush - $100k to 1st) & $2 Tournament ($250K Sun NFL Snap $20k to 1st) that I was in, I observed a very strange thing. Naturally I take a look at the guy in the #1 spot. I see this ident (mcclellanmel) has claimed the $100k first prize for the $1 Million Sun NFL Rush and 1st and 2nd for the $20k each prize for the $250K Sun NFL Snap. I think 'wow; great lineups' then realize they're the same lineups.

Not that I don't roll the same lineup in a couple different tourneys because I do. However, I would expect to see that this person entered more than just the top lineup in both those contests. I searched through all the pages of people that won in those events and the only entries he had were taking 1st ($100k) and 1st and 2nd ($20k x 2). VERY ODD to see someone nail it like that let alone use ONLY the 1 PM games. Guy was a member since Thursday (yes, I realize it might be a 2nd profile for someone) which only adds to the oddness of the situation. Also, I was monitoring who was in first during the close of the 1:00 P.M. games and this guy was not there or anywhere on the first couple pages.

Also, the guy who took 3rd, 4th and 5th place ($5,333.33 x 3) in the $250k tourney only had those 3 entries as well (all 3 the same lineup). This guy (iamcanadian306) was a member since last Monday. It's just too hard to believe some one rolls out that lineup and ONLY that lineup yet hits the jackpot in two tourneys. All 1:00 P.M. games and 3 players owned are less than 1% owned. That's equivalent to playing 3 slot machines and they all hit.

Very disconcerting to an avid player on Fanduel. It has me wondering if everything is above board there. I should mention that this isn't the first time I've noticed a 'New player' win the big prize monies. I realize these idents could be alternates of other skilled players.

Something's not right there and it reminds me of the poker sites that eventually got shutdown. Remember, Pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered.

Regards"

Here's a copy of the email I sent their support. That and $5 will get me a cup of coffee (yeah, I prefer the good stuff)

"Last night as I'm reviewing a couple of the big money $5 Tournament ($1 Million Sun NFL Rush - $100k to 1st) & $2 Tournament ($250K Sun NFL Snap $20k to 1st) that I was in, I observed a very strange thing. Naturally I take a look at the guy in the #1 spot. I see this ident (mcclellanmel) has claimed the $100k first prize for the $1 Million Sun NFL Rush and 1st and 2nd for the $20k each prize for the $250K Sun NFL Snap. I think 'wow; great lineups' then realize they're the same lineups.

Not that I don't roll the same lineup in a couple different tourneys because I do. However, I would expect to see that this person entered more than just the top lineup in both those contests. I searched through all the pages of people that won in those events and the only entries he had were taking 1st ($100k) and 1st and 2nd ($20k x 2). VERY ODD to see someone nail it like that let alone use ONLY the 1 PM games. Guy was a member since Thursday (yes, I realize it might be a 2nd profile for someone) which only adds to the oddness of the situation. Also, I was monitoring who was in first during the close of the 1:00 P.M. games and this guy was not there or anywhere on the first couple pages.

Also, the guy who took 3rd, 4th and 5th place ($5,333.33 x 3) in the $250k tourney only had those 3 entries as well (all 3 the same lineup). This guy (iamcanadian306) was a member since last Monday. It's just too hard to believe some one rolls out that lineup and ONLY that lineup yet hits the jackpot in two tourneys. All 1:00 P.M. games and 3 players owned are less than 1% owned. That's equivalent to playing 3 slot machines and they all hit.

Very disconcerting to an avid player on Fanduel. It has me wondering if everything is above board there. I should mention that this isn't the first time I've noticed a 'New player' win the big prize monies. I realize these idents could be alternates of other skilled players.

Something's not right there and it reminds me of the poker sites that eventually got shutdown. Remember, Pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered.

Regards"

Good Job Filthy :thumbsup:

you should contact the state consumer board and demand an investigation. And contact your local news

• Like 1

Not surprising for new players to FanDuel, every other commercial is their advertising. As for the 3 players, that's not far fetched, especially considering 1 is a kicker.

No, it isn't however the disconcerting part is the person only had 1 entry with those scrubs along with everyone else that nailed it.

you should contact the state consumer board and demand an investigation. And contact your local news

And the guys from Leverage. They'll get your money back.

Thanks.

Your new avatar creeps me the fock out though. Well done!

• Like 1

pretty sure i saw a similar situation like this over at another site, though i don recall the details. its enough to keep me away from the daily stuff though.

Thanks.

Your new avatar creeps me the fock out though. Well done!

thats me after my surgery :lol:

FanDuel & DraftKings are perfectly legitimate and upstanding companies that help fund that little operation we call the NFL, which is also perfectly legitimate and upstanding. Their moderate amount of advertising is in no way excessive or annoying, and brings joy to each and every person it reaches by showing us all the possibilities in our dreams.

Also, whales are evil, and should be systematically removed from the planet because they are not playing enough DFS through FanDuel or DraftKings.

• Like 2

Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm not a big fan of the conspiracy theories when it comes to DFS. Everyone always assumes something "shady" is going on.

But you do realize that these contests with 200k+ entries are like lotteries? The top team is almost always going to have a few contrarian picks that go off. That is how they separate themselves from 200k+ entries. This is especially the case on a day when so many chalk plays, especially at RB, busted (Brees, Bradford, Hyde, Ingram, Forsett, Miller, etc). The chalk defenses all busted as well (Miami, St Louis, Baltimore). Hell, one of the chalk cheap kickers had 1 point (Hocker from NO).

You also mentioned that he used ONLY 1 PM games, which isn't really true if he had Crabtree. There were also 10 games at 1 PM yesterday and only 3 at 4 PM, with 1 Sunday night and 1 Monday night. So I'm sure there were a TON of lineups that had almost all their guys early. That would make sense when 66% of the games were at 1 o'clock. Also, a lot of people run one lineup and enter it a few times in different contests (or the same one). What was the rest of his lineup?

Finally, Fanduel and Draftkings have spent many millions on advertising this football season. It's annoying. But for every person that joined last week and won $100k, there were probably 10,000+ people that joined last week and combined to lose more than that. This is not a conspiracy theory. It's just the nature of the industry right now.

That being said, Fanduel should implement an export to CSV of all lineups (like Draftkings has) at any time throughout the contest. It would put people much more at ease with these issues if they could go back and see every lineup (with 1 PM players) active at lineup lock. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

FanDuel & DraftKings are perfectly legitimate and upstanding companies that help fund that little operation we call the NFL, which is also perfectly legitimate and upstanding. Their moderate amount of advertising is in no way excessive or annoying, and brings joy to each and every person it reaches by showing us all the possibilities in our dreams.

Also, whales are evil, and should be systematically removed from the planet because they are not playing enough DFS through FanDuel or DraftKings.

Damn whales! They are clearly hording the world's supply of delicious, delicious blubber. I don't know where they get it, but they're not letting us in on that action. The only recourse is to kill them to get the blubber.

That's equivalent to playing 3 slot machines and they all hit.

He only played one lineup and it won 3 times. That's not the same as 3 separate pulls. He submitted the perfect lineup. That's what it will take to win the big jackpot.

The guy who wins that big jackpot every week will have picked the cheapest and best guy at every position. That's why it's not fun. It's completely random. It's not about looking at matchups and making predictions, it's about flipping 8 coins in the air and having them all land on their edges. There's no skill there.

This post is akin to looking at who won the lotto the day before and saying "Wait a second. What are the odds that he picked all 7 numbers correctly? Pretty low, I'm gonna write the gaming commission."

• Like 1

He only played one lineup and it won 3 times. That's not the same as 3 separate pulls. He submitted the perfect lineup. That's what it will take to win the big jackpot.

The guy who wins that big jackpot every week will have picked the cheapest and best guy at every position. That's why it's not fun. It's completely random. It's not about looking at matchups and making predictions, it's about flipping 8 coins in the air and having them all land on their edges. There's no skill there.

This post is akin to looking at who won the lotto the day before and saying "Wait a second. What are the odds that he picked all 7 numbers correctly? Pretty low, I'm gonna write the gaming commission."

The 3 slot machines he is talking about are the 3 players he chose I believe. But what he doesn't bother to notice is that if that is the casethat tons of people end up hitting 1 slot machine. It's just the one that hits multiple slot machines along with the high paid players performing adequately that always win.

• Like 1

The 3 slot machines he is talking about are the 3 players he chose I believe.

Oh you're right - I re-read. Still, if you can't get used to the fact that the person who wins will have a lineup full of oddball choices that all happen to catch lightning in a bottle, you shouldn't be playing.

Oh you're right - I re-read. Still, if you can't get used to the fact that the person who wins will have a lineup full of oddball choices that all happen to catch lightning in a bottle, you shouldn't be playing.

Your results are too random. Please roll the dice again.

I agree that playing 3 of the same lineups in 3 different big money tourney has fishy written all over it. But none of fantasy is skill... Lol You study all offseason, watch fantasy of TV, read all the articles imaginable, and you either a. Get an injury. Or b, lose to a guy who picked a defense in round 6 and a kicker in 7 lmao, I mean daily fantasy is exactly what everyone thinks it is... Luck. I bet if you took all 500 people from a football game and got a daily lineup before they walked in the gate, you'd have the same scenario. I'll keep playing, double up quadruple up and win a little at a time. And as long as I can come out even at the end of the year. I will have played all year for free and had a lot of fun doing it

But to the original post, 3 contest and 3 huge wins and he just joined, along with the other guy who finished 3rd in 3 contest and ONLY 3 contests by each is ridiculous.

But none of fantasy is skill...

Not true. Luck playing a factor does not mean there is NO skill. Come on...if you've played in any long standing leagues, you know there are owners out there who are BAD at this, and some who are perennially in the running.

Yeah I'm not saying it's all luck. Our league has been running for 22 years now and between me and another owner, we have 11 titles between us. There's more than luck involved.

But to win a FF lottery by picking 3 guys (none of which are even rostered in my league) is 100% luck.

That's the object though. You know you have to pick the cheapest player available at one position and a higher costing guy at another position. And if they both have a 20 point game you win..... Everyone knows that. I'm consistently on the winning money end of daily fantasy. But I wouldn't ever play the huge amount ones

Pretty much I just play the double/quintuple ups, but for sh!ts and giggles I'll get in a $5 or $10 tourney to try to hit big. The big money tourneys are a waste IMO. Better chance of hitting the lottery

How many times does the powerball winner go to the guy who bought 1 ticket? Probably never. If the guy had 10 entries, and only the 3 won, then that makes sense. Only submitted 3 and won, come on. That's got red flags all over it. How many guys submit 10, 20 and 50 lineups, but this guy submitted 3 and won?

• Like 1