Sign in to follow this  
DankNuggs

Sketchy Trade

Between Team A and B. Team A (5-2) and just beat team B (1-6) where team B didn't field an entire lineup and likely would have won playing active players and a couple WW fill ins. In this league it is a point per touch (rush or reception) so RB's have a ton of value

Team A trades:

Antonio Andrews

Sammy Watkins

Donte Moncreif

Team B trades:

Jonathan Stewart

Giovani Bernard

Demaryius Thomas

I don't like to make a stink but I'm strugging to understand the rationale of team B on this. Can anyone help me out on this?

Between Team A and B. Team A (5-2) and just beat team B (1-6) where team B didn't field an entire lineup and likely would have won playing active players and a couple WW fill ins. In this league it is a point per touch (rush or reception) so RB's have a ton of value

Team A trades:

Antonio Andrews

Sammy Watkins

Donte Moncreif

Team B trades:

Jonathan Stewart

Giovani Bernard

Demaryius Thomas

I don't like to make a stink but I'm strugging to understand the rationale of team B on this. Can anyone help me out on this?

Yes. Team B doesn't care anymore.

I am 1 - 6 and have been offered numerous trades.

I refuse to make a trade and potentially help someone else out.

I'll go down with the ship

Yes. Team B doesn't care anymore.

This is a large buy in league, and its my first year in it. 16 teams. I apparently was the only guy who read the rules before the draft and loaded up at RB and am in 1st place, but team A is right on my heels.

I won't make a stink unless it is clear collusion, but i made a post questioning whats going on here.

This is a large buy in league, and its my first year in it. 16 teams. I apparently was the only guy who read the rules before the draft and loaded up at RB and am in 1st place, but team A is right on my heels.

I won't make a stink unless it is clear collusion, but i made a post questioning whats going on here.

He doesn't care. It doesn't matter if it's collusion, or stupidity. It's the same result.

A good commish would nix this without question

I would question why a team isn't fielding a full lineup then making weird trades. You don't have to mention collusion, just that it seems odd and see where it goes.

• Like 1

I would question why a team isn't fielding a full lineup then making weird trades. You don't have to mention collusion, just that it seems odd and see where it goes.

I didn't mentioned collusion, actually I basically said exactly what you said. Think I added that the trade notification didn't include the happy ending team A must have given team B

That definitely smells like a collusive trade.

Even if it wasnt outright collusion, cbfalcon has this whole theory about trading dimes for quarters, or something; that would be perfect in this scenario. Maybe he'll pop in and drop some knowledge.

Normally I come in to these threads to tell people to stop being whiny a-holes but this is pretty bad. I don't see any way this isn't collusion.

Nothing wrong with the trade, it's not collusion.

We don't know many things

Does B have any other Tenn RBs

Is he a Buff Homer

Is this a keeper league

What are his other options at RB

at WR

The only issue I see here is that he is not active, that should be addressed and if for that reason the trade is nixed then that's OK, but if it's nixed because of the players involved then that is wrong.

I would question why a team isn't fielding a full lineup then making weird trades.

BINGO! This one seems cut and dry. At the very least, the commish needs to call up both owners and find out more info about how the trade went down.

Nothing wrong with the trade, it's not collusion.

We don't know many things

Does B have any other Tenn RBs

Is he a Buff Homer

Is this a keeper league

What are his other options at RB

at WR

The only issue I see here is that he is not active, that should be addressed and if for that reason the trade is nixed then that's OK, but if it's nixed because of the players involved then that is wrong.

Funny you mention that. Team A has David Cobb, so he traded away Antonio Andrews, who most speculate will be the backup once Cobb gets fully healthy. In theory I agree and tried to look at all the angles. Watkins is injured and hasn't done anything anyways.

The Only two RBs on Team B's roster now post trade are Antonio Andrews and Branden Oliver....

That definitely smells like a collusive trade.

Even if it wasnt outright collusion, cbfalcon has this whole theory about trading dimes for quarters, or something; that would be perfect in this scenario. Maybe he'll pop in and drop some knowledge.

I have a lot of theories that I'll break out when it benefits me...if I can remmeber them. :dunno:

Does this go back to my legenday trade veto trolling topics on the main board? Awhile back, I did the exact same thread two years in a row with the same arguments, and upset all kinds of folks both times.

A good commish would nix this without question

this.

and if somebody's not going to submit a lineup against a team it just made what seems like a very heavily lopsided trade with then i'd grab a pitchfork along with the rest of the village.

also get out of that league after this year.