Sign in to follow this  
joshvon1

Hate to whine about a lop-sided trade...

Martavis Bryant and Chris Ivory for Duke Johnson Jr and TJ Yeldon??

Both teams have losing records, but it's a 1-6 team giving up Bryant and Ivory.

We just expanded the league to 12 teams and both these guys are new this year.

I've seen uneven trades where both parties think they are getting a good deal. If it seems like just honest poor management you let it go, but I dont think you can justify this one. New team just throwing in the towel?

Thoughts? Veto it? KIck the 1-6 team? Kick them both?

Maybe its cause I dont know either guy very well, but this kind of pisses me off

It's not a great trade but predicting the future is tough. As commish I always inquire on the mindset of the individuals. Why and reason. If it's reasonable or understandable without culls ion let it go. Plus there bottom dwellers. When a top team does something similar with a bottom dweller then you may need to veto on merit. It's a tough balance. Just had a Calvin Johnson for McCoy and Mathews trade vetoed. Which is fair. See mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=450118

Depends on both teams needs. Maybe the Ivory owner is shallow at RB and they have good WRS and feel Bryant is expendable.Also Ivory has injury history and could be out for the season at any time. Maybe in their eyes they are selling high. TJ stock is rising and Duke could eventually win the lead spot in Cleveland by years end. Bryant has only played 2 games and not with Ben, He could be boom or bust with Ben like last year. PPR this trade looks ok. Standard it looks lopsided. This is not veto worthy unless TJ and Duke were bench players for one team and the other 2 were starters.

Update - how stupid is this?

First to answer byrdmans question. Correct, yeldon was a part-time flex start and hasnt been in his line-up since week 5 and duke was never started.

Now the stupid part. A few of us got together to watch early games. The 1-6 owner claims he was drunk yesterday and didnt mean to accept. ASKED THE COMMISH TO VETO. The commish stopped the trade, now 2 hours later its been proposed and accepted again.

I'd walk away from this league except i'm currently winning.... argh...

This is not a bad trade at all. Unless someone trades Tom Brady for Tim Tebow I wouldn't make a fuss haha.

Update - how stupid is this?

First to answer byrdmans question. Correct, yeldon was a part-time flex start and hasnt been in his line-up since week 5 and duke was never started.

Now the stupid part. A few of us got together to watch early games. The 1-6 owner claims he was drunk yesterday and didnt mean to accept. ASKED THE COMMISH TO VETO. The commish stopped the trade, now 2 hours later its been proposed and accepted again.

I'd walk away from this league except i'm currently winning.... argh...

Nope; they're focking with the league; this is collusive disruption. Get rid of them.