Sign in to follow this  
Philo312

Who's the better QB ROS?

Fellas -your advice is needed; thanks.

I hve Eli & Ryan. I've tried dealing both (especially Ryan) but no takers. Both Romo and Mariota are on waivers.

Mariota has an unreal upcoming schedule but I see Romo as the better fantasy QB ROS. Do you concur?

Or is Mariota the better pickup paired with Eli?

I'm done with Ryan. Thanks.

I like Mariotas schedule too...Romo would likely fare better...but I'm concerned with his durability.

I'd probably grab Mariota.

• Like 1

Mariota is the ultimate upside guy with that juicy schedule. I just tried adding him myself but got outbid. Pairing him with Eli would be solid but I'd have to really think about pairing Mariota with Romo.

• Like 1

I like Romo better than Mariota. Ask yourself, are you high on Mariota because he lit up Tampa Bay (week 1) and New Orleans last week? Because those are the 2 worst defenses vs. QBs in adjusted fantasy points allowed. Literally #1 and #2. My guys who know a lot more than I do still have Mariota in QB2 territory. It sounds like your'e in a 2 QB league and that your best bet is streaming signal callers week to week.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas.

H-man: I'm high on Mariota due to his upcoming sched (jax, oak, jax, jets, etc). We play a 1 QB lineup in a 12 team league, but prefer to roster 2 QB's and stream. (Perhaps not the best strategy). I don't trust Eli down the stretch as my only starter, hence the desire to snag either off ww. I've tried to deal for a Carr, Dalton, Cam, etc-- but to no avail. (League is s pain in the ass, but big $). I hear you on the assumption of chasing pts w/ Msriota. --much thanks on the insights.

My go to guys have Mariota as the #24 QB this week, I'm gonna follow this matchup though to test their accuracy.

Mariota was pretty lucky last week with a few of those tipped passes. But that said, is Romo really the better option? He's been sidelined and not getting the reps he needs to stay fresh. I guess it comes down to are you looking to hit the lottery (Mariota) or cover your ass (Romo).

• Like 1

If you need a consistent sure 20 points or so (plus) every week, I would go Romo with the hopes he stays healthy the rest of the way. If you feel you need to swing for the homerun, Mariota might be the better option here. Due to Eli's inconsistency at times, I would probably prefer the safer play (despite the injury concerns) with Romo.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=450504

My go to guys have Mariota as the #24 QB this week, I'm gonna follow this matchup though to test their accuracy.

Mariota is exactly 24. I love my go to guys. Hope you didn't start him this week!