Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

anyone here signing Chandler and think he's a good sign

I am considering signing him since the news on Gronkowski that you will be out multiple weeks. What does everybody expect for him and if you had your choice out of James Jones or Willie Snead which one would you release on the corresponding move. Thanks in advance.

Yes everyone is. Hes a top waiver add along with David j this week. Id drop Snead for either. it should be noted that Gronk wont miss more than a game or 2 at most so Chandler is more like a desperation pickup rather than a season saver. If youv clinched id hold off if you have a top waiver spot or get David J instead.

Chandler is not Gronk. He's a good blocker and decently good receiver but he's not great at getting open. I wouldn't expect too much out of the guy.

I put in a bid for him because I have Gronk. If I didn't have Gronk I would probably avoid save my FAAB money/waiver priority for a better prospect in the upcoming weeks.

Naw I'm not sold , I think Lafell is going to be the guy getting a lot more targets .

I'm grabbing him (if I can) so the guy who just lost Graham, who I am likely playing in two weeks in round 1 of the playoffs, can't have him. Of course, the Gronk owner has a better priority than me, so he may get him too. I don't care, I won't play him over Gates. Just don't want the Graham owner to have him :)

LaFell and Keshawn Martin are probably the guys to have

Chandler is tall but slow as molasses and not particularly athletic. I think we've already seen what he can bring to the table in terms of production

Chandler is tall but slow as molasses and not particularly athletic. I think we've already seen what he can bring to the table in terms of production

He reminds me a lot of Mark Chmura, although I don't know if he hottubs with high school girls. He's slow, but he positions himself well, and he's huge. With enough targets from a guy like Brady, particularly endzone looks like he got even before Gronk went out this weekend, he's valuable. TEs don't need a ton of speed, not when their team uses them in the red zone.

I think you're right that we've seen his game at its best, but I think there's more volume heading his way with Gronk out.

11 targets against DEN and the same amount of RZ targets and touches over the last 4 games as Gronk. I think any team who lost Graham or may be without Eifert this weekend or otherwise hurting for a TE could do far worse.

This......

Don't attempt to sign him, just pick him up. :dunno: Don't give him any choice in the matter.

• Like 1

Don't attempt to sign him, just pick him up. :dunno: Don't give him any choice in the matter.

LOL. FWIW, I did manage to get him in that league, and I'm considering him over Gates for this week. I have 1st place locked up though, so my starting decisions this week may be suspect :)

I think Chandler will get a ton of targets (esp in redzone) and he'll do a decent Gronk impression but there is no replacing Gronk ever. I am secretly hoping that the patriots will focus more on their power running game as I own Blount in both my leagues.

Chandler is likely worth a roll of the dice this week. Am thinking he's either going to flat line or has the potential to blow up. Faced with a situation where somebody needs to blow up or it's all over, Chandler is probably the best bet among the limited WW options at this point in the season. Hey, if you reckon you're gonna lose with what you currently have at TE, Chandler likely can't make things much worse. And there's always that chance ...

Chandler didnt do much with Gronk healthy so I doubt Chandler can handle the full workload on his own. He is very slow, and his hands are suspect. I think the Pats focus more on the run against an Eagles team that is awful against the run.

A Homer's Thoughts on Chandler

Positives:

• Chandler is a middle of the field, short/mid range target, not an outside mid.deep target like Lafell and Martin)
  • Brady / NE rely heavily on short / middle /quick passes
  • Chandler's opportunities will increase w/o Gronk and with Amendola / Edelman hurting - not many short / middle targets left for Brady
  • Chandler still plays and has value even when Gronk returns, NE runs (loves?) 2 TE sets

Negatives:

• Chandler hasn't executed well so far, lots of misses / drops to this point
  • Chandler may be struggling with the NE offense and Brady-chemistry (all speculation)

Conclusion

Chandler is worth the add simply for the opportunity he will have. He will be targeted.

NE is sorely depleted of the short/mid/quick range targets that Brady loves throwing to. Being one of these targets requires mastery of the NE offense and understanding how Brady/NE will change pre-snap to exploit coverage.

Most NE fans were very happy to see Chandler signed. He was a Patriot-killer in BUF (like Welker was with MIA) and there was a lot of potential for him in NE where TEs are heavily utilized. But to this point, he's been "OK", not great... and it may just be the learning curve with NE's offense. Could he still catch on and emerge as a top weapon? Possibly, in time - but I would not expect it to happen this year. Right now, he's "just another guy" that's in a good position for opportunity.

• Like 1