Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

AFC Championship - Patriots at Broncos Game Thread

I mistakenly posted Mallet instead of Cassell, my bad. How tough is it to operate an offense predicated on 7 to 10 yard pass attempts? Well, lets see, Cassell managed to win 11 times doing it, that's how hard.

You are trying too hard. Might want to shift the approach a little as this one is getting very stale.

You are trying too hard. Might want to shift the approach a little as this one is getting very stale.

Yeah, stats and proof can be inconvenient when you have no interest in them, don't let me bore you with reality too much 8P

Yeah, stats and proof can be inconvenient when you have no interest in them, don't let me bore you with reality too much 8P

It would be good if you actually had some stats and proof, but why let that get in the way of a good story. :lol:

It would be good if you actually had some stats and proof, but why let that get in the way of a good story. :lol:

I think Maslow referred to what you are showing as "a feeling of deficiency" and that is causing you to pretend that Cassell did not deliver an 11-5 season in replacement of Brady, or that in 2015 Brady's average air yards per attempt was 3.80, wayyy down the list, but hey, why let statistical proof ruin a good dogma

I think Maslow referred to what you are showing as "a feeling of deficiency" and that is causing you to pretend that Cassell did not deliver an 11-5 season in replacement of Brady, or that in 2015 Brady's average air yards per attempt was 3.80, wayyy down the list, but hey, why let statistical proof ruin a good dogma

So, you are taking a season in which the Patriots had no deep threat and using that as your basis. You are also ignoring the fact that his 58 passes of 20-plus yards and 12 passes of 40-plus yards were the third-most in his career.

You also ignore that your AAYPA stat shows that Brady was ahead of Flacco and Aaron Rodgers, among others.

So, you are taking a season in which the Patriots had no deep threat and using that as your basis. You are also ignoring the fact that his 58 passes of 20-plus yards and 12 passes of 40-plus yards were the third-most in his career.

You also ignore that your AAYPA stat shows that Brady was ahead of Flacco and Aaron Rodgers, among others.

Provide an alternative season that you believe better represents your position.

2015 - 3.80

2014 - 3.71

2013 - 3.49

2012 - 3.92

A quick review of recent years shows the same repetitive performance, a style that even a Matt Cassell could have run.....

The assertion remains, you can take any QB and plop him into an offense that throws short passes all over the place and make that player look impressive.

2015 - 3.80

2014 - 3.71

2013 - 3.49

2012 - 3.92

A quick review of recent years shows the same repetitive performance, a style that even a Matt Cassell could have run.....

The assertion remains, you can take any QB and plop him into an offense that throws short passes all over the place and make that player look impressive.

If the only thing that the player had to do was throw short passes and they would be all set, then it might work that way. However, Brady does more than that with the key being that he reads the defenses and adjusts to what the defense is giving them. Since he has never had the weapons that others have had at the receiver position, it is all part of the design of the team. Given that QB is the most important position, it just stands to reason that the team is going to put players in that complement the QB.

The Cassel situation was an odd one. You say that you can just plug in anyone and the offense should just function. However, you gloss over the fact that the team had a net loss in wins of 5 games. They went from being a record setting offense to a team with their fewest points in the last 10 years.

As it relates to this, I have no desire to debate you on it because you have proven, time after time, that you are just trolling on this. You can think what you want, but the reality is that you think that Brady is worse morally than Ray Lewis.

You do make some valid points, until you resort to the entire "Ray Lewis is worse then everyone" schtick.

The fact remains, you can plug any quarterback into that offense and almost every one them would be a winner. I submit that Jamarcus Russell could have won 10+ games in that offense. If not allowing yourself to fall into what Maslow called the deficiency theory you can more clearly see this in terms of honest evaluation.

Does not make Brady less of a person, just honestly evaluates what he does and how the Patriots crafted an offense that is the most plug and play thing I have ever seen. Points more to the mind of Bellichick who sometimes uses his gift to do bad stuff, but often does very creative things.

You do make some valid points, until you resort to the entire "Ray Lewis is worse then everyone" schtick.

The fact remains, you can plug any quarterback into that offense and almost every one them would be a winner. I submit that Jamarcus Russell could have won 10+ games in that offense. If not allowing yourself to fall into what Maslow called the deficiency theory you can more clearly see this in terms of honest evaluation.

Does not make Brady less of a person, just honestly evaluates what he does and how the Patriots crafted an offense that is the most plug and play thing I have ever seen. Points more to the mind of Bellichick who sometimes uses his gift to do bad stuff, but often does very creative things.

So, exactly where did I say "Ray Lewis is worse then everyone"? I merely stated, based on the other 10 threads where you are bashing Brady as a cheater, that you have a stick up your ass over Brady and cannot possibly look at it any other way.

The Patriots in 2008 could have been run by a game manager, like Cassel, and they could have (and did) win 11 games. However, that does not mean that you could put anyone into that system and they would be successful. I am not sure that Jamarcus Russell could have done anything more than eat 11 pizzas as a QB.

I was sort of hoping that there would be mention of Occam's razor or a strawman, instead of Maslow. I am disappointed. :(

2015 - 3.80

2014 - 3.71

2013 - 3.49

2012 - 3.92

In fairness to Tom - he did hit those passes perfectly many times and it still requires reading defenses, making quick decisions, etc, etc. That being said, that "system" wasnt exactly rocket science and 4 yard passes are easier to complete than 8 yard passes, so on, so forth. Those Pats teams from the 2000's were about extremely effecient defense & keeping games close. I feel they could have won at least 2 of those 3 SBs with any fairly competent QB. Honestly, Denver would have won SB 50 with that defense and any competent QB.

Brady is a top-tier QB and that cannot be argued. However, there are QBs that I would take over him who have less rings & potentially less overall wins or whatever. Hes in the top 7/8 or thereabouts. IMO.