Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your top 10 RB draft list look like for 2016 if you picked today?

1. Bell (concerns of suspensions, and health, great team to be a rb on)

2. Johnson (small sample, kid looked great has a great supporting cast)

3. Gurley (Beast, best of the bunch, not sold on offense around him)

4. Zeke (should do great if Romo and Dez can stay healthy)

5. Peterson (long in the tooth, can we get one more dominant year?)

6. Freeman (wild card, seems streaky, maybe that was health related)

7. Lacy (weight for it......)

8. Martin (can he continue from last years success?)

9. Miller (great landing spot. Lets see if he can sustain the true bell cow roll)

10. Hyde (love his abilities, can he stay healthy? Chip Kelly offense could be good for him)

just my .02

11. Charles (getting older and injuries are mounting. May not be used as heavily)

12. Rawls (great situation, much competition )

I like this list but I would make some slight changes. I'd move David Johnson to number 1 because of the concerns about Bell. I think that DJ is an excellent 3 down back on a high scoring offense with an excellent defense. I'd also move Hyde out of the top 12 and put Forte in his spot. I think Forte still is in a good situation and is the 3 down back I'm looking for. Hyde has had one good game in his career and it on a team that could be playing from behind a lot while playing in a division where he will face strong D's 6 times. I'm also putting Mark Ingram at 11, dropping Charles to 12 and kicking out Rawls. Ingram will have much of the backfield work to himself and showed the ability to catch passes although he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy. Charles is getting older and I would not be surprised to see West and Ware cut into some of his work to keep him fresh. With Rawls I loved how he looked last year but CJP could keep him off the field in situations and CMike has shown that he can spell him on the occasional drive.

• Like 1

It may be a death sentence but I am buying all the sophomore rbs this year. 4 in particular.

Djohnson- I get routinely tar and feathered over at reddit for suggesting DJ has first overall potential. Young, talented 3 down rb on a team that puts him in scoring position and defense to get the ball back. Sign me up all day. CJ0k played great last year but he is taking a backseat. Arians routinely holds rookies back, dont think "CJ won the job last year and will split time this year.". Bell is amazing, but starting to alarm me with yearly injury. He is still very much top pick worthy. DJ has better team than Gurley, but again, Gurley a great pick.

Gurley- Could explode for 2k, easy. If Goff is competent, look out. Team in transition tho plus its the Rams...and its Fisher, amont the most overrated coaches in the modern era.

Rawls- so they have a third down rb in Procise, cool most teams do. That doesnt butcher Rawls upside like people say. I am trying this year to go on gut reaction and eye test rather than espn rankings and consensus propaganda. Raise your hand if you watched Rawls last year and said "wow, this guy is a first rounder next year.". Exactly. Cmike? who?

Langford- Here is the wild card...Its a curious case because on one hand , like Rawls, last year when Langford had his little outbursts for a stretch, I said out loud "If Forte isnt back, this kid is a first rounder.". Now, the math pundits and number crunchers have this whole case against him, and I wont say its BS. "Lowest in this, he only did this when that happened, he had the lowest of this..." and yada yada. Dont care, I saw him play when he was the starter and he showed me plenty to be optimistic about. Math is kewl but affects real games as much as prayer does. Wacky things happen all the time and last years dud is this years Erik Dickerson reborn. Who here clowned Freeman and said he wasnt talented last year before he took the league over? Thought so.

Just saw on Roto that Coach Fox who likes to rotate Rbs will look to do so again .

I'm going to drop Langford down some with that news and with coach Fox history of doing just that .

Just saw on Roto that Coach Fox who likes to rotate Rbs will look to do so again .

I'm going to drop Langford down some with that news and with coach Fox history of doing just that .

Read the same thing, I hate not being able to trust a RB for touches in a game. There is nothing worse than starting a guy in a juicy matchup only to see him get 3 1st QT carries and then watch his backup go for 150/2.

I like this list but I would make some slight changes. I'd move David Johnson to number 1 because of the concerns about Bell. I think that DJ is an excellent 3 down back on a high scoring offense with an excellent defense. I'd also move Hyde out of the top 12 and put Forte in his spot. I think Forte still is in a good situation and is the 3 down back I'm looking for. Hyde has had one good game in his career and it on a team that could be playing from behind a lot while playing in a division where he will face strong D's 6 times. I'm also putting Mark Ingram at 11, dropping Charles to 12 and kicking out Rawls. Ingram will have much of the backfield work to himself and showed the ability to catch passes although he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy. Charles is getting older and I would not be surprised to see West and Ware cut into some of his work to keep him fresh. With Rawls I loved how he looked last year but CJP could keep him off the field in situations and CMike has shown that he can spell him on the occasional drive.

Sounds like we agree on a lot. I've never been a big Mark Ingram fan. He has yet to rush for 1000 yards in a season and hasn't surpassed 9 tds in a given season(I'm not in any ppr leagues). His 50 catches last year does intrigue me. Rawls was an after thought. I included him as a statement as a way to say i don't believe hes top 10. Hyde has only had one big game, I agree. He was injured early on last year and played poorly trying to struggle through it. The offensive line was a mess(and that was being kind). My eye test says when he's healthy, he can be a dominant back. I guess time will tell. Forte could easily fall into top ten. Was thinking he could slip a bit with a new team but he may not. I am with you on DJ. I have him in a couple leagues and was afraid that was forcing me to list him first. Best of luck to you.

Would also not be a bit surprised to see Dion Lewis sneak into the top 10, if he can stay healthy.

That kid is lighting in a bottle.

Problem I always have with any Patriots rb is how will they be used .

Even though he looked great last season before he was hurt its always hard to say what roll he will be in this season with the Patriots .

Would also not be a bit surprised to see Dion Lewis sneak into the top 10, if he can stay healthy.

That kid is lighting in a bottle.

Hasnt lewis always had injury issues?

Hasnt lewis always had injury issues?

Yes. And both season ending knee injuries for him have been to his left leg.

If he stays healthy I would urge folks not to sleep on Slats Murray. The Raiders offensive line is vastly improved with the addition of Kelechi Osemele and subtraction of JaMarcus Webb at guard. In fact, Oakland may now have the best interior offensive line, guard-to-guard, in the league.