Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats (But Won’t)

Peter King keeps repeating this and it doesn't make sense. The 2 gauges were measured and 1 produces a reading .5 pounds higher than it should. Why on earth would you average the two? That makes no sense at all.

It makes no sense, you are right, but what also makes no sense is to penalize considering the balls were within an ant's breath amount of the expected range with ideal gas law

Pats fans understand institutional prejudice. Pats Lives Matter

If you were to guess, which would happen first Goodell admits he was wrong, Pats fans quit crying?

crying is what led to the false prosecution in the first place, no ?

The Pats got off super-light with no punishment in the 2014/2015 season and no Brady punishment.

If passing the class was a 60, the pats class would have a 59.9984

Sadly it's not pass/fail. Given an arbitrary set of parameters, one should assume the AVERAGE of 60-100 to be 80, if it's 59.9984, you have an issue.

Even further, one can assume that there were no balls completely deflated or noticeably underinflated, therefore it's fairly obvious to those of us who are non-homers that the balls were intentionally underinflated to the lowest non-noticeable point and the averages back this up. Case closed. Time for cheaters to admit they got caught (again) and move on.

it's fairly obvious to those of us who are non-homers that the balls were intentionally underinflated to the lowest non-noticeable point and the averages back this up. Case closed. :cry:

do you even know the rule? :wacko:

Sadly it's not pass/fail. Given an arbitrary set of parameters, one should assume the AVERAGE of 60-100 to be 80, if it's 59.9984, you have an issue.

Even further, one can assume that there were no balls completely deflated or noticeably underinflated, therefore it's fairly obvious to those of us who are non-homers that the balls were intentionally underinflated to the lowest non-noticeable point and the averages back this up. Case closed. Time for cheaters to admit they got caught (again) and move on.

The facts show it is completely irrational to believe this.

The facts show it is completely irrational to believe this.

why would that stop a trollhater?

• Like 1

why would that stop a trollhater?

It is amazing that america is the greatest most advanced country in the history of civilization, and that the average american is a dullard.

Time for cheaters to admit they got caught (again) and move on.

Yeah, right. Even I'm not stupid enough to think THAT would EVER happen.

It is amazing that america is the greatest most advanced country in the history of civilization, and that the average american is a dullard.

they believe what they want to believe. It's all made up.

God, aliens, ghosts, bigfoot, Trump, Cheatriots.

Even I'm not stupid enough

don't underestimate yourself Kenny - there's nothing you can't achieve.

they hate science too

don't underestimate yourself Kenny - there's nothing you can't achieve.

Okay, here ya go. I'll give it a try.

1-The Patriots never cheated .. twice.

2-Trump is the smartest guy to ever run for POTUS

3-The coolest guys in the world are Sanctuarians.

What am I missing?

(I'm leaving you an open shot here)

You got 4 outta 6.

Everybody knows God & Bigfoot are made up entities.

Peter King keeps repeating this and it doesn't make sense. The 2 gauges were measured and 1 produces a reading .5 pounds higher than it should. Why on earth would you average the two? That makes no sense at all.

If the gauges were measured and 1 produces a reading that is .5 pounds higher than it should, then why on Earth would we expect that the balls are not going to start out .5 pounds lower if measured on the other gauge at half-time?

In other words:

- Gauge A shows all of the balls at 12.5 psi at the start of the game. However, gauge A is .5 pounds higher than it should be, so the balls are really at 12.0 psi.

- At halftime, the refs measure with gauge B, which is accurate. Even if you ignore the effect of the Ideal Gas Law, then the balls are not in compliance.

Since the refs didn't document their work before and after measurement, and because they didn't intermix measurements with the Colts' balls, they are lacking any sort of reliability in the data.

If the gauges were measured and 1 produces a reading that is .5 pounds higher than it should, then why on Earth would we expect that the balls are not going to start out .5 pounds lower if measured on the other gauge at half-time?

In other words:

- Gauge A shows all of the balls at 12.5 psi at the start of the game. However, gauge A is .5 pounds higher than it should be, so the balls are really at 12.0 psi.

- At halftime, the refs measure with gauge B, which is accurate. Even if you ignore the effect of the Ideal Gas Law, then the balls are not in compliance.

Since the refs didn't document their work before and after measurement, and because they didn't intermix measurements with the Colts' balls, they are lacking any sort of reliability in the data.

and throw in Walt Anderson not doing his job.

In other words:

Stop it. You're killing me. :lol:

and throw in Walt Anderson not doing his job.

But throw away Brady's phone .. where we could see what he was actually saying about the whole thing. Don't forget that.

But throw away Brady's phone .. where we could see what he was actually saying about the whole thing. Don't forget that.

gonna cry ?

In other words:

Well, if the gauge that was used to start was the accurate guage then the 12.5 balls were 12.5 at the start. Or are you suggesting the Pats initially tried to use balls that all came in at 12.0?

I find it hard to believe that Walt says it was pretty obvious the Pats wanted the balls at 12.5 based on his initial measurements, which jibes with what the Pats claim---but they were all actually 12.0, and it was pure luck that the game judge used a guage that was reading .5 higher, that's a pretty big leap.

IMO, it's impossible to tell what happened, so I can't exonerate the Pats, nor do I honestly believe you can find them guilty of anything(other than having douchey fans). What should have happened is the minute those balls were deemed supsect at halftime, they should have been impounded for further testing, not reinflated and reused---in theory they would warm up to initial inflation settings. Then the NFL could actually make some factual claims. As it is, Walt Anderson and Vincett only seem to be missing Curly to complete their group and apparently he was at the NFL offices that day(Goodell).

I find it hard to believe that Walt says it was pretty obvious the Pats wanted the balls at 12.5 based on his initial measurements, which jibes with what the Pats claim---but they were all actually 12.0, and it was pure luck that the game judge used a guage that was reading .5 higher, that's a pretty big leap.

what if there were never any initial measurements and Walt made it all up?

Well then there would be a massive conspiracy against Tom Brady and the Patriots---one that would make agent Mulder's haid 'splode.

But I prefer to deal with the more plausible scenarios.

Well then there would be a massive conspiracy against Tom Brady and the Patriots---one that would make agent Mulder's haid 'splode.

But I prefer to deal with the more plausible scenarios.

NOTHING has been plausible in this entire freaking thing

Why do Pats fans care so much? Let it ###### go.

how incredibly obtuse

So, we should start entertaining your fan fiction? :wacko:

definitely should entertain Goddell's

It could be that they are losing a first and 4th round pick for dubious reasons.

No, they lost a first and a 4th round pick for several reasons. You might dispute the reasons, you might call them dubious, but that doesn't change the fact that it was the conclusion that the NFL came to. It's over Johnny. You're lucky you got Brady back this year from suspension. You just got lucky and won a SB 2 years ago.

This is what I hate about Pats fans. Be happy with what you have.

Yes,clearly, by not entertaining your goofy story, the only other possibility is to buy Goodell's, someone I just called one of the 3 stooges a few minutes ago. :lol:

Well, if the gauge that was used to start was the accurate guage then the 12.5 balls were 12.5 at the start. Or are you suggesting the Pats initially tried to use balls that all came in at 12.0?

IMO, it's impossible to tell what happened, so I exonerate the Pats, nor do I honestly believe you can find them guilty of anything(other than having douchey fans). What should have happened is the minute those balls were deemed supsect at halftime, they should have been impounded for further testing, not reinflated and reused---in theory they would warm up to initial inflation settings. Then the NFL could actually make some factual claims. As it is, Walt Anderson and Vincett only seem to be missing Curly to complete their group and apparently he was at the NFL offices that day(Goodell).

NOTHING has been plausible in this entire freaking thing

how incredibly obtuse

Patriotsfatboy1, let me present exhibit A. :lol:

No, they lost a first and a 4th round pick for several reasons. You might dispute the reasons, you might call them dubious, but that doesn't change the fact that it was the conclusion that the NFL came to. It's over Johnny. You're lucky you got Brady back this year from suspension. You just got lucky and won a SB 2 years ago.

This is what I hate about Pats fans. Be happy with what you have.

The point of the article was that a non-Pats fan thinks that the NFL (Goodell) did not make a correct decision. Many feel that way too. That makes them dubious, especially when you look at how Goodell handled things.

If you just take it lying down, if it is not true, then what happens the next time there is no evidence? You lose 2 first round picks? At what point does Kraft say that enough is enough?

As far as why Patriots fans speak up, look no further than those who sit there and call us douchey. :lol:

Patriotsfatboy1, let me present exhibit A. :lol:

I'm not even that douchy. just tired of people like you that have your mind made up and won't budge. sure you had a leg to stand on a year ago, you don't anymore and neither does the NFL

where is the data the NFL collected all year? how did the patriots still win the super bowl and make the AFC championship game the next year with normal footballs?

sorry, nothing adds up.

Was just walking through the kitchen and one of the partners was talking to an associate and he said "there are no rules if you don't get caught"

I chimed in "isn't that the Patriots slogan"

he said "awww c'mon"

i'm such a Patriots rumpswab

The only proven fact out of this whole ordeal is that harbaugh is a big focking cry baby who got schooled and threw a tantrum.

Stuff that is safe to assume is that crybaby outcoached harbaugh lied to Indy to try to get them to set up some sort of sting to catch the pats cheating...and they fell for it and got their asses handed to them in the championship game because they were most likely more concerned with how to "catch" the pats than how to beat them.

Science has proven the balls were not tampered with.

Brady will once again be exonerated in a couple of weeks and goodell, the colts and the Ravens look like fools once again.

IMO, it's impossible to tell what happened, so can't I exonerate the Pats, nor do I honestly believe you can find them guilty of anything(other than having douchey fans). What should have happened is the minute those balls were deemed supsect at halftime, they should have been impounded for further testing, not reinflated and reused---in theory they would warm up to initial inflation settings. Then the NFL could actually make some factual claims. As it is, Walt Anderson and Vincett only seem to be missing Curly to complete their group and apparently he was at the NFL offices that day(Goodell).

I'm not even that douchy. just tired of people like you that have your mind made up and won't budge. sure you had a leg to stand on a year ago, you don't anymore and neither does the NFL

where is the data the NFL collected all year? how did the patriots still win the super bowl and make the AFC championship game the next year with normal footballs?

sorry, nothing adds up.

Yeah, my mind is made up that I don't know what really happened and my conclusion was they shouldn't be punished...and you are right, I'm not going to budge from my position that nobody could conclusively know one way or the other based on the slipshod investigation.

And yeah, I'll call you douchy when you clearly can't read a post I made saying exactly that about an hour ago. :wall:

Yeah, my mind is made up that I don't know what really happened and my conclusion was they shouldn't be punished...and you are right, I'm not going to budge from my position that nobody could conclusively know one way or the other based on the slipshod investigation.

And yeah, I'll call you douchy when you clearly can't read a post I made saying exactly that a half hour ago. :wall:

Well you know I'm an airhead, you can't hold that against me

And yeah, I'll call you douchy when you clearly can't read a post I made saying exactly that about an hour ago. :wall:

good to see you came around