Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Moon Landing - Donald Trump WILL be our next President

Get used to it.

Hillary is completely damaged goods, but she's got enough political capital that I think she'll squeeze out the nomination.

(However, the debates between Sanders and Trump would be EPIC!)

Trump will destroy Hillary on the stage in the general debates. She's got too much dirt on her.

I wasn't sure Trump would pull off the R nomination, but quite honestly he's running away with it.

So...the million dollar question is; is he genuine?

Does he REALLY want to fix this country? Or is it all about ego/money/power?

Because the man is a genius. If he's legit, I look forward to seeing what he can do when he doesn't have masters he's beholden to.

• Like 2

I hope so but I think Hillary will beat him.

I've no idea what to expect but since it's either Hillary, Sanders, Cruz, Rubio, or whatever is behind Door #5, I choose Door #5.

You are a focking idiot.

Go back to storing silver bars, canned Green Giant products, and every automatic weapon you can get your hand on in your cellar.

You are a focking idiot.

Go back to storing silver bars, canned Green Giant products, and every automatic weapon you can get your hand on in your cellar.

Well, that's not very nice.

Also, Donald Trump will be President.

I've come to a conclusion he will prolly be the GOP nominee. But totally disagree he can win a General Election.

1. The media has been treating him with kid gloves so far, especially the left wing media. If he gets the nomination then the gloves come off. Every knook and cranny of his business dealings, his political donations, all of it is fair game and they will dig and dig.

2. Once a General Election starts you can't just keep giving so vague answers on the issues. You can't keep dodging and deflecting. At some point you have to get more specific.

3. A healthy portion (I'd guess upwards of 33%) of Republicans hate him. They will stay home in November.

4. He will not win over anymore of the Black vote than 2012. He will prolly lose more Hispanics than Romney was able to garner due to his rhetoric.

The only hope for Trump is that Hillary is awful and implodes somehow or wins the Dem nomination but then is brought up on charges for the emails or something crazy like that. That's his only shot.

God help us. Donald focking Trump might be the leader of this country. All of the other candidates should kill themselves.

I've come to a conclusion he will prolly be the GOP nominee. But totally disagree he can win a General Election.

1. The media has been treating him with kid gloves so far, especially the left wing media. If he gets the nomination then the gloves come off. Every knook and cranny of his business dealings, his political donations, all of it is fair game and they will dig and dig.

2. Once a General Election starts you can't just keep giving so vague answers on the issues. You can't keep dodging and deflecting. At some point you have to get more specific.

3. A healthy portion (I'd guess upwards of 33%) of Republicans hate him. They will stay home in November.

4. He will not win over anymore of the Black vote than 2012. He will prolly lose more Hispanics than Romney was able to garner due to his rhetoric.

The only hope for Trump is that Hillary is awful and implodes somehow or wins the Dem nomination but then is brought up on charges for the emails or something crazy like that. That's his only shot.

Do a youtube search for Donald Trump Scott Adams.

God help us. Donald focking Trump might be the leader of this country. All of the people voting for him in the primaries should kill themselves.

Fixed

I don't think Trump would destroy Hillary in a debate. She's polished to perfection in debates. However, I don't think that matters, since it's clear people are making a stand against establishment politics.

That's why I think Bernie would crush him.

Also, Donald Trump will be President.

Let's make a bet of it. I think it's established edjr can hold the $ until the outcome (as long as he's willing in this case).

ODDS TO WIN THE US 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

HILLARY CLINTON -140

DONALD TRUMP +250 :doh:

MARCO RUBIO +450

BERNIE SANDERS +1400

TED CRUZ +3300

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG +4800

FIELD (ANY OTHER CANDIDATE) +2000

Kasich no longer on the board :(

I realize people are a bit mad at how politics in general works. Some are mad at the GOP for not winning the past few years. Others get pissy that they think ALL of them are somehow bought and paid for, that none actually do their jobs. I understand that sentiment.

But you fix those things by electing people who are for term limits. You elect actual 'outsiders' who are different but qualified like a Rand Paul or a Ron Paul. They were the actual real anti-establishment.

What you don't do is get so pissy you actually, like for real, elect a Reality TV Star who doesn't know much about anything really except that he's gonna make us great again and other silly sayings. JFC people. It's time to have a Come to Jesus moment here.

The idiom to cut off your nose to spite your face means you shouldn’t do something out of spite or revenge that will end up causing more harm to you than to the person with which you are angry. In other words, do not let your overreaction lead to self-harm.

The above was never more appropriate than to the Trump voters. Either A. He's going to open the door to a Hillary landslide or B. he somehow actually wins the General.

Both of which are scary thoughts.

I agree with this, but with one large caveat....

In the primary, every debate seems to be about everything (healthcare, foreign policy, economy, etc)...and with 4,6, or 10 people on stage, their isn't enough time to get into anything effectively. And with so many voices offering up similar specifics with mostly mild differences, it all becomes noise to the viewer anyway. So the best strategy is to focus on grabbing attention with headline worthy statements. Trump seems to be the first person to figure out that this is the way to target the general population, while allowing the other guys to divide up the hardcore political viewer.

But the general election......2 people....with an entire debate focused on domestic policy, then an entire debate focused on foreign policy, etc.....you can't be vague anymore. The moderator is going to ask you a question, and give each side 2 minutes, followed by 8 minutes of facilitated discussion.....it's an entire new ballgame.

The anti-Trump person says: He has no substance but is great at grabbing attention. So while he is a superstar in the sounbite/headline grabbing portion of a presidential run, he will fail miserably when it gets time for specifics and details.

The pro-Trump person says: Trump sees that the primary is about soundbites and headlines whereas these other guys don't, so he is acting accordingly. And when the focus shifts to specifics, he will have those ready.

I probably fall into the group that is very much against Trump, but I also think he knows what he is doing and will have his policies and specifics ready to go when he gets on stage with Hillary.

• Like 1

I too think it will be Trump vs. Hillary in the General Election.

And, I think Trump will win. It will have NOTHING to do with policy. Trump will attack Hillary in a way that all these smarmy politicians are not used to - using words like liar, criminal, hack, traitor - he'll tell her to her face that "once I'm POTUS, I'm gonna' put you in jail" and he'll expand that to all the other politicians that are corrupt hacks.

And America will LOVE IT!

And once Hillary tries to match him and ramp up her rhetoric and venom, she'll come across even more unlikable. Game Over.

• Like 2

I don't think Trump would destroy Hillary in a debate. She's polished to perfection in debates. However, I don't think that matters, since it's clear people are making a stand against establishment politics.

That's why I think Bernie would crush him.

How are we scoring who wins? Hillary wins debate club on content and technique for sure, but can she avoid a public opinion knockout from Trump? Also agree with CBFalcon that there is a good chance Trump adjusts his style to a general election format. Or maybe he rolls out the "you need to pay me to show up" tactic again, and goes all Ross Perot infomercial instead ... convey the information in a controlled setting.

One thing is for sure ... Trump has shown politicians and the political establishment that you can be successful outside the traditional approaches.

I agree with this, but with one large caveat....

In the primary, every debate seems to be about everything (healthcare, foreign policy, economy, etc)...and with 4,6, or 10 people on stage, their isn't enough time to get into anything effectively. And with so many voices offering up similar specifics with mostly mild differences, it all becomes noise to the viewer anyway. So the best strategy is to focus on grabbing attention with headline worthy statements. Trump seems to be the first person to figure out that this is the way to target the general population, while allowing the other guys to divide up the hardcore political viewer.

But the general election......2 people....with an entire debate focused on domestic policy, then an entire debate focused on foreign policy, etc.....you can't be vague anymore. The moderator is going to ask you a question, and give each side 2 minutes, followed by 8 minutes of facilitated discussion.....it's an entire new ballgame.

The anti-Trump person says: He has no substance but is great at grabbing attention. So while he is a superstar in the sounbite/headline grabbing portion of a presidential run, he will fail miserably when it gets time for specifics and details.

The pro-Trump person says: Trump sees that the primary is about soundbites and headlines whereas these other guys don't, so he is acting accordingly. And when the focus shifts to specifics, he will have those ready.

I probably fall into the group that is very much against Trump, but I also think he knows what he is doing and will have his policies and specifics ready to go when he gets on stage with Hillary.

Trump gets most of his attention off stage. I don't think the debates have helped or hurt him. It's everything he does on Twitter or at a speaking event that garners the most attention. Hell, the most attention he got for a debate was for not attending the debate at all.

So I'm not sure a lot changes when he's debating Clinton one on one.

He's a typical politician making empty promises. Bring back jobs from overseas? Yeah, that's not gonna happen. People hear America sticking it to China and the rest of Asia....which gets em all riled up. But economists seem to agree those jobs are gonna stay abroad, and you won't entice companies to pay American workers more just cuz the Donald says so. Even Trump has said he won't bring his factory back on to American soli.....but he'll get other companies to do so. Whatever. Empty promise.

All in all, I don't think Trump would be a train wreck as President. But I do think he'd be an embarrassment. BLS probably voted for Jesse Ventura back in the day. Dude was alright as governor. But he was so petty and thin skinned about anyone criticizing him. I think Trump would be the same way. Part of being the President is policy. But some of it is being the leader of a nation. That's a personality thing. And when this dude is sidetracked into petty flame wars with who knows, it's not very Presidential.

Tonight's debate will be interesting.

I still think the "establishment" will unite against him, even if it's in a black ops kind of way. He's just as bad for them as he is for everyone else.

Trump gets most of his attention off stage. I don't think the debates have helped or hurt him. It's everything he does on Twitter or at a speaking event that garners the most attention. Hell, the most attention he got for a debate was for not attending the debate at all.

So I'm not sure a lot changes when he's debating Clinton one on one.

He's a typical politician making empty promises. Bring back jobs from overseas? Yeah, that's not gonna happen. People hear America sticking it to China and the rest of Asia....which gets em all riled up. But economists seem to agree those jobs are gonna stay abroad, and you won't entice companies to pay American workers more just cuz the Donald says so. Even Trump has said he won't bring his factory back on to American soli.....but he'll get other companies to do so. Whatever. Empty promise.

All in all, I don't think Trump would be a train wreck as President. But I do think he'd be an embarrassment. BLS probably voted for Jesse Ventura back in the day. Dude was alright as governor. But he was so petty and thin skinned about anyone criticizing him. I think Trump would be the same way. Part of being the President is policy. But some of it is being the leader of a nation. That's a personality thing. And when this dude is sidetracked into petty flame wars with who knows, it's not very Presidential.

Good Post.

More specifically the bolded I find ironic and funny (or sad). Trump is a master politician this way, a way people normally associate as a negative, yet they don't see it or actually find it actually somehow endearing.

It blows my mind.

I just don't see it happening... I still think Hillary, as awful as it would be, is going to win.

Hopefully we get a bunch of mini-Trumps to replace all the Bushtards in primary elections.

Let's make a bet of it. I think it's established edjr can hold the $ until the outcome (as long as he's willing in this case).

What's the bet, and at what odds?

Since I'm picking one of about 6 viable candidates.

That other trump thread definitely needed to be remade :wacko: and the other 35 before it

I just don't see it happening... I still think Hillary, as awful as it would be, is going to win.

I think Hillary's popularity will continue to wane. The more exposure she gets, the less people like her (which is what happened in 2008). The opposite is true for Sanders.

That other trump thread definitely needed to be remade :wacko: and the other 35 before it

Thank you Sanctuarian.

I think Hillary's popularity will continue to wane. The more exposure she gets, the less people like her (which is what happened in 2008). The opposite is true for Sanders.

Good points, and I agree... But she is literally surrounded by unelectable junk out there.. Does anyone really believe a Tea party nut job (cruz) can win? A reality tv star/fraud (trump) can win? Or a 109 year old Bernie can win?

Thank you Sanctuarian.

Don't judge me. This is part of my initiation.

What's the bet, and at what odds?

Since I'm picking one of about 6 viable candidates.

No odds. I'll take Hillary if it comes down to that. If either of them lose the nomination, no bet.

I'd be willing to go $100 to $1000 to be sent to edjr to hold.

Otherwise, the best walleye you can find vs. Omaha Steaks ($50)

Good points, and I agree... But she is literally surrounded by unelectable junk out there.. Does anyone really believe a Tea party nut job (cruz) can win? A reality tv star/fraud (trump) can win? Or a 109 year old Bernie can win?

I think it depends on who Bernie picks for his running mate. It has to be someone younger with the same ideals, who has a lot of exposure. Probably should also be female. If he picks Elizabeth Warren I think he could be a lock.

Problem is I don't think they select running mates until after the nominations, do they? I don't remember.

Voting in Texas is a waste of time for me and everybody else, but I do it anyway. Just draft the most obnoxious goober and get it over with. Naturally Trump has redefined obnoxious and is a shoe-in here.

Nationwide, the NASCAR fans and NRA members, as well as your garden variety culturally depraved have been in lock-step with Trump since day one. Nothing he could possibly do or say will loose him a single vote with that crowd.

The reason he will loose is that the make-up of the country is no longer dominated by angry (old) white men and other factions of the godless unwashed.

Hispanics have been registering to vote. Trump will actually pick up a few votes there because the long time established Hispanics do not want there opportunities diluted by a massive wave of gate crashers. Most of the Hispanic vote will go to a Democratic candidate, however. The millennials are motivated for a change, and they are not voting for Trump. I do believe that the Majority of Blacks have voted Dem their whole lives and will do so again. Then we come to the White people who are horrified by Trump's uncouth behavior and will show up in droves on voting day to keep him from embarrassing the country worldwide.

As I said starting out, Texas is Red and stupid, but for the first time ever I have heard a lot of White friends, family, and acquaintances say they won't vote for Trump. Even people who want closed borders and would love to restore respect for our country are tapping out and will not support the buffoon.

I would show up for Bernie, but may just pass on voting if he is unavailable.

If Trump becomes president, I predict in 4 years we will all be drinking "Brawndo" and watching "Ow, My Balls!".

It really is crazy how spot on Idiocracy is. President Camacho must have inspired Trump or visa versa. We're literally watching a satirical movie becoming reality.

No odds. I'll take Hillary if it comes down to that. If either of them lose the nomination, no bet.

I'd be willing to go $100 to $1000 to be sent to edjr to hold.

Otherwise, the best walleye you can find vs. Omaha Steaks ($50)

You're on for $50. Donald will win POTUS vs Hillary. If either doesn't win the nomination, we can pay up $50 to the winner, or steaks/walleye. Whichever is irrelevant to me.

I'm good for it; I don't really want to send $ to Edjr. He's got no dog in this fight.

Mmmm....beer is a LEO. You can send him to collect if for some reason I didn't pay up.

I'm good for it; I don't really want to send $ to Edjr. He's got no dog in this fight.

:huh:

You're on for $50. Donald will win POTUS vs Hillary. If either doesn't win the nomination, we can pay up $50 to the winner, or steaks/walleye. Whichever is irrelevant to me.

Mmmm....beer is a LEO. You can send him to collect if for some reason I didn't pay up.

Deal.

Well, like I said in Numerous other threads, The system is designed to render the president Virtually worthless.So, I don't think he will destroy the country or anything like that. But he would be one huge f****** embarrassment internationally.

On the flip side, While his campaign is fueled by anger at the system.They don't call it the establishment for nothing. I have great confidence in American inertia. Hillary Is the epitome of that. The same old s***. The same corrupt politics.The establishment hates change. And it's damn powerful. So, as Trump becomes more of A possibility, I think the establishment will rally around Hillary.

And if you really want to see the corruption in the system, pay attention to youtube as the primaries continue. The establishment knows who they want, and they damn sure know who they don't want, so they will resort to all sorts of tricks to make people vote for their people, and some of it gets captured with phone cameras and posted on youtube. This is the only real time where big party corruption intermingles with the common person.

Anyone who paid attention to the 2008 GOP primaries and how they did Ron Paul knows what I'm talking about. For instance, there was a rally for Ron Paul here in my home town in 2008 and the building was packed to over capacity and there was a line out the door and into the parking lot. The next day in the press it was reported that a few dozen or so showed up. There was also the convention, where Ron Paul's name wasn't even mentioned by the person at the podium when the states announced their votes. She'd yell out Romney's votes, skip Paul's, then announce the third place guy's votes. It would have been comical if it weren't so transparently obvious the party had conspired to squash a Ron Paul nomination at every possible turn.

Democracy though!

ETA: just type in 2008 GOP convention Ron Paul to see some of the madness.

Conspiracy theory here...

Any chance that Donald does something like dropping out of the race or refusing the nomination from the Rep party...saying, "Syke! I wasn't serious about running for President. I did this as an experiment to show how worthless and stupid politicians are."

I wouldn't put it past him, at this point. :lol: