Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Favorite NBA signature move

When Jordan came back and developed the fadeaway jumper, he took his game to that next level.

Gervin's finger roll.

White Chocolate dribble through the defender's legs

Karl Malone's elbow to the defender

Dennis Rodman's rebounding technique. For his size, he could out rebound anyone on the court.

Maybe this was inspired by ESPN, but they posted a video a few weeks ago with a handful of signature moves....As I recall, they showed:

- Iverson crossover

- Dirk stepback 1 leg

- Curry's shoot and turn before ball goes in

- Lebron on D, coming behind for the block on the fast break

- Kobe turn around fadeaway...

maybe more.

Saw that too. Pretty lame no mention for the Dream Shake, or sky hook, or acknowledgement that Kobe's fadeaway was actually Mike's fadeaway. More recent stuff I guess.

Shawn Kemp taking a paternity test

• Like 2

Magic receiving anal from the thin pale bald dude or maybe his no look bounce pass on the break.

Dr. J doing just about anything

Yeah...he and Drexler always looked so damn smooth in the air.

Olajuwon in the post.

Nothing close to this one, other than Jordan's fade away jumper. If you were a defender, you were just powerless.

Nothing close to this one. If you were a defender, you were just powerless.

Hakeem owns a car wash in town and his little brother is there as a manager. His "little" brother is about 6-10 and looks just like him, had to do a double take first time

lebron throwing chalkdust in the air :rolleyes:

KG was doing a version of this long before lebron was in the league but he gets associated with it. I guess because hes more flamboyant about it

• Like 1

Dirk step back is the first thing that came to mind. No idea how you could guard that.

i thought of Dirk as well and Duncan off the glass..... But the first guy to come to mind after Rondo was Iverson, in terms of guys I grew up watching.

some lesser guys that came to mind were Tyson Chandler and his tap out offensive rebounds, and.... remember this guy?

On 6/1/2016 at 6:23 PM, Reality said:

Jordan, mid range fade away, lost art, not guardable.

Came here to say this. 🤘

Also, Barkley running over anyone that got in his way. That's a signature move of sorts, right? 
Either that or his ability to atke it coast to coast like few others did, or do. 

On 5/31/2016 at 10:19 PM, cyclone24 said:

Oh geez I can go on all night but little moves I tried to incorporate into my own game at some level.

James Worthy had a great shoulder spin in the post I loved. Toni kukoc had a nice up-and-under that I still use all the time, Steve Smith had a move where he would dribble down the wing and act like he was turning back to the top of the key and then go Baseline.

Seriously...I stole probably 20 moves and worked on them constantly growing up. 

J kidd had this sweet inside out dribble, avery Johnson had this little hesitation dribble with his left I loved.

Worthy though, aside from the shoulder turn spin move,  used to get post position...then would step toward the passer with one foot to catch, then he'd drop that foot back like he was posted before...you push he does that spin, lay off and he just shoulder pounded and went up. So good.

this isnt a signature move, because I think it only happened once. But to me, he was emblematic of the Golden years of the NBA. Just smart, inventive, funny, heads up basketball.

Larry Bird was inbounding the ball and the guy defending him on the sidelines turned his back to Bird. Thats all Bird needed. He bounced the ball off the guy's ass inbounded to himself and scored. 😁🏆

The Wilt Jam. and I don't mean on the bball court. HEY YA!

Magic Johnson's signature passes. Amazing how he AIDS his teammates. 

On 2/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, kutulu said:

Abdul-Jabbar memorabilia sells for nearly $3M

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's collection of memorabilia from his Hall of Fame career fetched nearly $3 million at auction on Sunday.

Abdul-Jabbar put 234 lots of memorabilia -- including four of his six NBA championship rings -- for sale through Goldin Auctions, with "much of the proceeds" going to his Skyhook Foundation charity that helps kids learn about science, technology, engineering and math.

The items sold for $2,947,872.25.

:thumbsup:

When I was in high school I fell in love with Iverson's cross-over-spin move for some reason.  After I mastered it, I realized it isn't very effective since your defender would need to be good enough to try to jump the spin, and the vast majority of players at my level would never do that.

By the way everyone who mentioned fade-aways should really be crediting Patrick Ewing.  That was his signature shot and Jordan copied it from him, and Kobe copied it from Jordan.

48 minutes ago, nobody said:

By the way everyone who mentioned fade-aways should really be crediting Patrick Ewing.  That was his signature shot and Jordan copied it from him, and Kobe copied it from Jordan.

Larry Bird wasn't so bad at it either.  He was in the NBA before both MJ and Ewing.

I was thinking more of his turn-around fade away on the baseline from the post that he Ewing shot 8 times a game.

20 minutes ago, nobody said:

I was thinking more of his turn-around fade away on the baseline from the post that he Ewing shot 8 times a game.

That video shows several of Larry shooting a turn around from the post.  I counted at least 7.  

I guess I should've watched the video.  

Sorry everyone.  It's Larry Bird's turn-around jumper.  Not Ewing's or Jordan's and especially not Kobe's 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:58 PM, wiffleball said:

this isnt a signature move, because I think it only happened once. But to me, he was emblematic of the Golden years of the NBA. Just smart, inventive, funny, heads up basketball.

Larry Bird was inbounding the ball and the guy defending him on the sidelines turned his back to Bird. Thats all Bird needed. He bounced the ball off the guy's ass inbounded to himself and scored. 😁🏆

Players try it once every couple of years nowadays

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, avoiding injuries said:

I like the new era travel. 

That was outstanding!