Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

In the June Mock I was sitting on Gurley/Cooper, at this juncture, in a standard scoring draft. It was great to be placed at the exact same draft position just to gauge my tendencies if nothing else.

I had intended on going WR/WR at this turn, but they dried up fast and left Jamaal sitting here. Charles is coming off a major injury, but all signs point to him being ready to roll. When healthy, he's a top five back. Last year he was on pace for 67 catches, 1,700+ total yards, 12+ TD's. I don't like the risk, but I like the upside. And I was not a fan of what I was projecting would be left at RB at my next turn for my RB #1.

I had intended on going WR/WR at this turn, but they dried up fast and left Jamaal sitting here. Charles is coming off a major injury, but all signs point to him being ready to roll. When healthy, he's a top five back. Last year he was on pace for 67 catches, 1,700+ total yards, 12+ TD's. I don't like the risk, but I like the upside. And I was not a fan of what I was projecting would be left at RB at my next turn for my RB #1.

He was tempting but age and two ACL's steered me clear of him. He is not ever gonna be top 5 for a whole season again, but he is still a very good option at this stage in the draft. I do not see a whole season out of him ever again though. jmho

^ Happy to see Ingram get some support. I still think there's a stigma from his initial tough entry into the league and the fact that he hasn't put together a full 16 yet.

He was a top 6 RB in PPG. Good team, goal line, pass catching.

On a personal note with Ingram taken that makes 3 Mullmaniacs off the board from a recent 20 team dynasty startup. That makes me happy too. :)