Sign in to follow this  
-Vyse-

Hill or Gio?

Whos the target this year in fantasy?

With out question Gio in ppr and Hill in non ppr .

I'd like to know who the new offensive coordinator is and does he like to go a bell cow or RBBC?

A pretty good strategy in general is to take guys who might have had a 2nd-3rd round ADP in 2015 that for whatever reason has fallen a couple rounds down.

Hill fits the model.

I like both players to be relatively startable-flexible weekly with neither being elite.

Losing all the WR targets they did should keep Gio in the slot more often.

• Like 1

Same as above. Gio in PPR and Hill in Standard scoring. I think Gio is being overlooked big time. Most new Coordinators are going to give the guy who can stay on the field the most the opportunities. Hill isn't a receiving threat and typically doesn't "make" things happen. He takes what is there and fights for more. Gio can extend plays. Without Jones and Sanu, and possibly the TE, Gio should be PPR Gold.

Neither. This is the same scenario that the Panthers had with DeAngelo and Stewart. Best advise... let someone else deal with the problem.

• Like 1

Neither. This is the same scenario that the Panthers had with DeAngelo and Stewart. Best advise... let someone else deal with the problem.

We've seen it work though in Cinci. 2014 Hill was RB 10 and Gio 18 in standard. Gios bumps to 16 in PPR.

I jumped into this discussion last year and totally misread the situation. Expecting Cincy to run a power run game, they used a spread attack instead. On top of that, Bernard seemed to totally outplay Hill. Were either even worth a crap? Just felt like you could never tell week to week who would get hot, or who would get the work.

I'd take Hill. He will score the TDs and he'll score a lot of them. There's also the chance he returns to his rookie form.

Gio isn't a bad depth pick in PPR but I would call it a toss up at best.

Gio safe flex..Hill GREAT buy low now valve pick

We've seen it work though in Cinci. 2014 Hill was RB 10 and Gio 18 in standard. Gios bumps to 16 in PPR.

But you can't count on them in any given week. You never know who's going to be "the guy" that Sunday. Plus, Hill has a tendency to put the ball on the ground. When he does, he gets limited touches the rest of the game. I wouldn't bother with either one.

You can't pass up on taking Bernard if you play in a ppr league.

And you can't pass on Hill if you play in a standard leave , he scores tds .

So to say you pass on either one of them is not a really smart ideal .

But you can't count on them in any given week. You never know who's going to be "the guy" that Sunday. Plus, Hill has a tendency to put the ball on the ground. When he does, he gets limited touches the rest of the game. I wouldn't bother with either one.

That was before Cincy lost weapons on their offense and Eifert sustained an injury. Gio should get plenty of targets (PPR) because Hill won't be involved catching the rock.

Hill . He is going to score more tds and I think the Bengals will focus a little more on running the ball due to the lost of Jones , Sanu and the injury to Eifert whom I keep reading might not be ready when the season starts .

I like D Washington to cut into Murray work load whom I'm not really all that impress with anyway .

I like Hill this year IF he can hang on to the football. If I remember correctly, he had some early season fumbling problems that the coaching staff made him pay for.

That was before Cincy lost weapons on their offense and Eifert sustained an injury. Gio should get plenty of targets (PPR) because Hill won't be involved catching the rock.

They also now have a new OC. The guy's offensive history has been throwing the ball... but their head coach is conservative. It's an unstable environment. I'm staying away. I'll let others deal with "should I start him this week or not", every week.

They also now have a new OC. The guy's offensive history has been throwing the ball... but their head coach is conservative. It's an unstable environment. I'm staying away. I'll let others deal with "should I start him this week or not", every week.

If they want to compete and win games, they will have to lean on their proven playmakers:

Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson believes Cincinnati could use more two-back sets with Tyler Eifert's (ankle) availability in question.
With Marvin Jones and Mohamad Sanu gone and Eifert hurt, the Bengals are desperate for receiving weapons. Free-agent addition Brandon LaFell and second-rounder Tyler Boyd will be asked to fill some of that void, but a bigger role for Giovani Bernard in the passing game should be part of the answer as well. He and Jeremy Hill could find themselves on the field together often this season.Jun 30 - 9:44 AM

If they want to compete and win games, they will have to lean on their proven playmakers:

Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson believes Cincinnati could use more two-back sets with Tyler Eifert's (ankle) availability in question.
With Marvin Jones and Mohamad Sanu gone and Eifert hurt, the Bengals are desperate for receiving weapons. Free-agent addition Brandon LaFell and second-rounder Tyler Boyd will be asked to fill some of that void, but a bigger role for Giovani Bernard in the passing game should be part of the answer as well. He and Jeremy Hill could find themselves on the field together often this season.Jun 30 - 9:44 AM

Oh, I believe they'll both be used... but how much? When? After the bye week last year, Bernard had a 23 point game, a 13 point game, and 8 games where he failed to get 10 points. In those same 10 games, Hill had 6 games 11 points and under, and 4 over 15.

Like I said, there's absolutely no way that I could feel confident in starting either one them. There's entirely too much uncertainty in both. Now, if I have 3 quality RB's that I know I can start, then I'll take a gamble on one of them... which means, 9th or 10th round. But I'm not taking either to be my #3 and definitely not a #2. Let them be someone else's headache.

I have no problem drafting Bernard as a Rb 2 or a Rb 3 in ppr .

And I would have no problem drafting Hill as a Rb 2 and or a Rb 3 in a non ppr .

I really think that the Bengals will need to lean a little more on the run game based on the loses at wr and due to the injury related problems with Eifert.

The way I see it they both could be great values. Hill I believe was RB20 last year and it was a down year for him. He was ranked going into the season as a RB1 going around pick 12-17. In my eyes that makes him a value pick this year. His ADP is 6.08 right now I will roll the dice on that.

Gio was a guy who has been valued pretty high in the past. I see he was RB16 or so last year. He goes around 5.12 right now again a value.

Don't the Bengals have a really good O-Line? I see them as both good picks. Grab them both as value RB3's where they are going.