Sign in to follow this  
GreatGray

Christine Michael

More positive news on C-Mike today:

When asked why fans should believe in Christine Michael this season, Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell said, "He's had an awakening.

Its hard to know what to make of this. He has the physical talent it has always been about the mental and emotional side. Are all these positive comments about keeping him motivated? Are they building him up to potentially move him again? They have some any RBs on the roster they are going to be forced to cut a quality player. It won't be CJ Prosise or Alex Collins. It comes down to Zack Brooks and C-Mike. There is not a lot invested in Brooks as a 7th round pick but he does play more of a pass catching role if they decided to go Rawls/Collins and then Brooks to play behind Prosise.

What I do know is that C-Mike would again have the potential to be a beast if he landed in the right situation like New England or Washington. That makes him an interesting flier. You either have him as the Rawls handcuff coming off a serious injury or he is cut traded close to the start of the season.

I'm waiting to see what the camp reports say.

awakening or not, Hes not a legit #1 RB if hes still missing blocks on passing downs and he certainly has no hope of holding off the dogs unless he puts up huge numbers in his limited audition (assuming Rawls isnt a full go week 1)

Not going down this road with this player again .

Kinda funny how much hate there is for this guy. If you've got some bench space to spare, just grab Michael and Collins at the tail-end of your draft and see how things pan out...it's that simple.

If you're going to buy a couple lottery tickets you might as well buy the cheap ones with a big jackpot on the line. That's my philosophy anyhow.

Kinda funny how much hate there is for this guy. If you've got some bench space to spare, just grab Michael and Collins at the tail-end of your draft and see how things pan out...it's that simple.

That's the problem....very few play in leagues with benches that deep. Gotta make the call on one of them.

That's the problem....very few play in leagues with benches that deep. Gotta make the call on one of them.

Yeah, fair enough. If you've got a shallow bench I'd just avoid the whole Seattle situation (including Rawls). With Prosise in the mix too I'd be totally looking elsewhere. Plus with shallow benches there's going to be plenty of legit options on waivers. These are deep league targets.

He's the CPat of RBs. All the talent in the world but not enough brains in his head to figure out the scheme.

He's the CPat of RBs. All the talent in the world but not enough brains in his head to figure out the scheme.

To be fair with Cpat, all they had to do was design some short passes or literally just hand him the ball. He was a baller when he did rush. Not sure why they didnt just use him more in that capacity.

Said the former CPat champion. :)

The year that I was all over him he started off huge the 1st game of the season. He had a long TD run and ended up with over 100 yards rushing. Then the coach stopped using him while he trotted Matt Asiata out there.

Cpat has supposedly been in Zimmer's doghouse for years. Why hasn't he been cut if he is such a work ethic issue? The Vikings are as unimaginative as it gets, right up there with the Rams. They have never cut Cpat because they knew what another team with an ounce of creativity could have done with him. At least with Michael we know there have been multiple teams to think he isn't worthy of a roster spot because of issues unrelated to raw talent.

I wouldn't sleep on Prosise either. Lots of potential and has a shifty running style even though he hasn't had too much experience. Solidified a 3rd down role prior to injury. Could be a bellcow if he does well enough. All in all after Rawls, there's no point pursuing others with a muddled backfield like that. I wouldn't buy into Christine Micheal hype. There are much better lottery tickets late.

I just don't see how Rawls comes back and isn't at least given 50% of the snaps. Personally I would make it a rbbc if I were the coach. As a handcuff though? Yes.

I am at a dilemma of who to take in the 3rd of Rawls or Lats Murray. I prob go with the healthy guy. If Rawls lasts till the 4th... well he probably lands on my roster over carlos hyde

I just don't see how Rawls comes back and isn't at least given 50% of the snaps. Personally I would make it a rbbc if I were the coach. As a handcuff though? Yes.

I am at a dilemma of who to take in the 3rd of Rawls or Lats Murray. I prob go with the healthy guy. If Rawls lasts till the 4th... well he probably lands on my roster over carlos hyde

If Michael is able to land in a time share that's great for him. He's a near zero investment player in redraft. It costs almost nothing to find out if he turns into anything.

I never fell for the hype before because his cost was prohibitive to me. Now we are looking at a mentally/physically more mature player that's received nothing but ringing endorsements from the coaching staff all offseason at a nothing investment where the incumbent was an UDFA last year and coming off major ankle surgery. It's a low risk high reward investment.

If Michael is able to land in a time share that's great for him. He's a near zero investment player in redraft. It costs almost nothing to find out if he turns into anything.

I never fell for the hype before because his cost was prohibitive to me. Now we are looking at a mentally/physically more mature player that's received nothing but ringing endorsements from the coaching staff all offseason at a nothing investment where the incumbent was an UDFA last year and coming off major ankle surgery. It's a low risk high reward investment.

Will you stop convincing me that Michael is worth a late round pick? I have too many other late round guys that I like to take a shot on. You are ruining that. I hope you are happy.

• Like 1

Well I took a shot on Michael as my 5th rb. Even though the guy looks PHENOMENAL, I just don't see how the team would hand him the bulk of the carries and ignore Rawls. If I was a Rawls owner I would be very nervous.

Well I took a shot on Michael as my 5th rb. Even though the guy looks PHENOMENAL, I just don't see how the team would hand him the bulk of the carries and ignore Rawls. If I was a Rawls owner I would be very nervous.

It probably didn't cost you anything to get him on your roster. That's the beauty of it. He's got a ton of talent and if he's serious about his career which has been reported all offseason then who knows...the point is that it's a pretty low risk investment for a potentially huge pay off.

It probably didn't cost you anything to get him on your roster. That's the beauty of it. He's got a ton of talent and if he's serious about his career which has been reported all offseason then who knows...the point is that it's a pretty low risk investment for a potentially huge pay off.

Yeah as my last positional pick it didn't cost me anything. I am pretty excited about him seeing as my rbs as a whole are a tad on the shallow side for a 10 team league.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Interesting comment from Carroll on Christine Michael when Rawls comes back it'll be "a little 1-2 punch that we are really excited about.'

Seattle o line concerns the bigger issue for me.

The one player with potential to outplay his adp is Lockett

Dangit I'm starting to get swayed by the CMike hype. Heaven help me!

We are going to be swearing him off in a few weeks after Seattle cuts him :(

The "1, 2 punch" comment is the best case scenario for any fantasy player wanting Rawls. Rawls was never going to get all 35 to 40 touches a game.. Marshawn did not either. So the 1.2 punch of Michael getting 6 to 8 touches by playing well in pre season over the rookies is a fine exaggeration in the fantasy community by me. It is a joke people don't see what Rawls is about to do. He did not tear his ankle (that I wouldn't touch) - he broke it. That thing will be healed and he is the real deal. A nice top 4 rb at the end of the year you can get in the 4th. THANK YOU espn and cbssportsline and whomever else does not see this because they are paid not to make risky suggestions.

Rawls is the same risk as David Johnson, Zeke, and Lamar Milller with their un knowns - except he wont crash your team with the high pick..

The "1, 2 punch" comment is the best case scenario for any fantasy player wanting Rawls. Rawls was never going to get all 35 to 40 touches a game.. Marshawn did not either. So the 1.2 punch of Michael getting 6 to 8 touches by playing well in pre season over the rookies is a fine exaggeration in the fantasy community by me. It is a joke people don't see what Rawls is about to do. He did not tear his ankle (that I wouldn't touch) - he broke it. That thing will be healed and he is the real deal. A nice top 4 rb at the end of the year you can get in the 4th. THANK YOU espn and cbssportsline and whomever else does not see this because they are paid not to make risky suggestions.

Rawls is the same risk as David Johnson, Zeke, and Lamar Milller with their un knowns - except he wont crash your team with the high pick..

I agree if people are high on Rawls, this is their opportunity to draft him. David Johnson, Zeke, and Lamar aren't coming off injury year, so no they don't possess the same risk. David Johnson is in a high powered offense with great hands catching out of the backfield or in the slot. Lamar is a solid pass catcher as well and Zeke has the best O-line. They don't carry the same risk. Also he is not a Top-4 running back. He has a lot of upside but not top 4 upside with the lack of receiving ability and one of the worst PFF ranked o-lines. I agree that's he's a risk that can possibly reap top 10 rewards. Prosise is back and more than likely he'll secure his 3-down role ass the best pass catching back on the team. Currently I see Rawls as an RB2 with the reduced workload w/Rb1 upside and a lot of risk.

Will you stop convincing me that Michael is worth a late round pick? I have too many other late round guys that I like to take a shot on. You are ruining that. I hope you are happy.

It's happening :high five:

I'm not thrilled :(

I'm a Michael owner, but Rawls is special. Michael looks like he could (finally) be too. With the line looking better, the passing game renaissance and a still dominant defense, this is a team that could support a dynamic duo at RB. A Trio even, Prosise is legit and Rawls and Michael aren't passing game factors (though Christine showed improvement this preseason). With the exception of Lynch, Carroll has always favored a committee approach.

Literally every possible outcome is viable as the season progresses. Not helpful from a fantasy standpoint but it is an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan! :first:

I feel like a broken record coming from the Ware thread but Michael looked damn good today other than the fumble. Seattle will rebound fine against the 49ers. If Rawls is out start with confidence, especially if Ifedi plays. Just a contusion for Rawls so there is a good chance he plays.

And it's too bad Prosise has a broken hand (if Rawls misses games). Alex Collins looks like he might suck, though it's been a small sample size.

Pretty damn good? They scored 3 points today. Nobody on that focking sh1t show of an offense looked pretty damn good.

Pretty damn good? They scored 3 points today. Nobody on that focking sh1t show of an offense looked pretty damn good.

Carbon copy of last season. owners that hold on Wilson, Baldwin, and Rawls/CMike will be handsomely rewarded......if they have options to survive in the meantime.

Carbon copy of last season. owners that hold on Wilson, Baldwin, and Rawls/CMike will be handsomely rewarded......if they have options to survive in the meantime.

You're probably right. Obviously they must right the ship eventually.

Pay attention to the Seahawks man. The offensive line and D are way ahead of last season. The Rams are kryptonite (3 of last 4). Like Axl Rose said: Just a little patience...

Pay attention to the Seahawks man. The offensive line and D are way ahead of last season. The Rams are kryptonite (3 of last 4). Like Axl Rose said: Just a little patience...

They scored 12 points last week. Against the Lolphins. :dunno:

Except Michael, who looked good.

...other than fumbling to seal their loss

^this

Michael was also dead tired playing virtually every play with nobody to spell him.. His fumble was a car crash punch out and him trying to get that first cuz Wilson was hobbled..

Half of me wishes Rawls is done for a while so we can see if Michael has either arrived or if the whole backfield is useless.

Meh, Ware fumbled. Peterson fumbles all the time. Fumbles happen. Seattle shouldn't have even been in that position to begin with. They should have handled the Rams.

Meh, Ware fumbled. Peterson fumbles all the time. Fumbles happen. Seattle shouldn't have even been in that position to begin with. They should have handled the Rams.

That is true but the feeling would be totally different if he had hustled to make the play and gotten the first down without fumbling. Can you imagine how perception would be different if he came up big and Seattle would have won?

Michael was also dead tired playing virtually every play with nobody to spell him.. His fumble was a car crash punch out and him trying to get that first cuz Wilson was hobbled..

Half of me wishes Rawls is done for a while so we can see if Michael has either arrived or if the whole backfield is useless.

I wish they would shut Rawls down for a couple weeks.