Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 11 - 16 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

I have no problem with the Torry Smith pick. Great place for him!!

Along with Duke Johnson, Corey Coleman could be the co-centerpiece of the Browns' offense, at least in the early going. If Gordon hadn't been reinstated, I might have selected Coleman before Shepard.

Tyler Eifert was great value and I was considering doubling up on TEs there.

that was my plan with him and Barnidge. But Aiken is a good consolation prize considering the present state of the WR corps.

that was my plan with him and Barnidge. But Aiken is a good consolation prize considering the present state of the WR corps.

Aiken's been working out with Flacco, as the latter recuperates. I think they'll have a good rapport this year.

Wow! Was odd seeing a Browns streak in the draft.

I was hoping Snead would be there for this pick and he was. He's a high upside depth pick for me at WR. He had a good thing going with Brees last year and can do it again this year. Good thing I have Brees too.

Well................. you guys answered one question I had in this draft: Who is the Ravens WR to draft??

Why Aiken versus the other three?

Well................. you guys answered one question I had in this draft: Who is the Ravens WR to draft??

Why Aiken versus the other three?

Aiken was the only one that did well last year. I feel he has a better feel for the offense now. Smith should be fine but he's just old and coming off an injury. Aiken is a great late round pick. I took him in my July mock draft.

Mike:

We need a new thread for Round 12. Thanks much!

Took Tavon Austin. Why not? Just more depth to a position on my team that's not amazing but have plenty of guys with potential.

sorry for the lag.. pick is in

I gave a lot of thought to going with the DEN DEF here....nice pickup. While a Sanchez-Siemian-Lynch led offense might not be able to keep the defense off the field, that might actually be a good thing as it increases the opportunity for sacks, interceptions, and turnover TDs.

While scouting out "handcuff" type situations, I decided to target someone who'd be next in line to replace an RB who's got more wear on the tires and might be losing his effectiveness, given Murray's drop-off from 2014 to 2015.

Cam (Superman) Newton is arguably (I say YES) the most physical QB in the league.

Winston provides me a 2nd QB as a just-in-case-clause, bye week filler, and a possible trade piece when the inevitable happens...

QBs go down with injuries, age catches up (lot of old stud QBs in the league, someone may under-perform) anyone remember Peyton Manning last year?

Powell still available here surprised me. Forte is old and already banged up. Powell looked good last year over the last 4-5 games. he was literally scoring double digits every week. I look to target him late in all my drafts. he's a poor mans Gio.

Powell still available here surprised me. Forte is old and already banged up. Powell looked good last year over the last 4-5 games. he was literally scoring double digits every week. I look to target him late in all my drafts. he's a poor mans Gio.

Nice pickup....I forgot about him....and he's buried on my cheat sheet...I'll have to change that.

Forte is already banged up?

Cam (Superman) Newton is arguably (I say YES) the most physical QB in the league.

Winston provides me a 2nd QB as a just-in-case-clause, bye week filler, and a possible trade piece when the inevitable happens...

QBs go down with injuries, age catches up (lot of old stud QBs in the league, someone may under-perform) anyone remember Peyton Manning last year?

Peyton had slipped badly the end of the year before. The writing was on the wall. His arm was looking like a noodle.

Peyton had slipped badly the end of the year before. The writing was on the wall. His arm was looking like a noodle.

But he was still drafted high last year......it could happen again....

Stefon Diggs in the 13th, IMO, is good value.

He is a #1 (a) starting receiver on a team, so he is worth a pick. I know their QB doesn't throw a great ball, but there were games last year where Diggs tore it up. I like him as my WR5, and pleased to get him this late in the draft.

Stefon Diggs in the 13th, IMO, is good value.

He is a #1 (a) starting receiver on a team, so he is worth a pick. I know their QB doesn't throw a great ball, but there were games last year where Diggs tore it up. I like him as my WR5, and pleased to get him this late in the draft.

I like Diggs but don't like that he has to rely on Bridgewater. I really thought Bridgewater was the answer but he just hasn't taken that next step yet.

I'm not crazy about going with a 2nd TE but at 30 picks south of his ADP, it felt like one of the best values available to me. Along with Fleener, he was also one of the TEs I'd targeted on my pre-mock list, depending on how things fell to me. He's had positive press in the Spring practices.

Kirk Cousins, based on his early ease-of-schedule, was one the QB prospects recommended to be paired along with Brady for those who'd have to navigate through Brady's suspension. We should have seen that one coming. :)

I had to cuff McCoy with Karlos Williams. I know he's been suspended but a recent positive report states Rex Ryan is not giving up on him.

I'm assuming Karlos will retain his backup role upon returning and this kid was very productive last season. Shady has dealt with injuries over the years, therefore this is the wise thing to do....lockup this backfield.

Edit: This is probably an advantage getting him this late. If he wasn't suspended I, most likely would have had to draft him earlier.

I had to cuff McCoy with Karlos Williams. I know he's been suspended but a recent positive report states Rex Ryan is not giving up on him.

I'm assuming Karlos will retain his backup role upon returning and this kid was very productive last season. Shady has dealt with injuries over the years, therefore this is the wise thing to do....lockup this backfield.

I'd had him crossed off due to the lack of discipline he's shown with both his weight and drug problems but just twenty minutes ago I put him back on my list because he's shown such killer production, even when he splits touches with McCoy.

I'd had him crossed off due to the lack of discipline he's shown with both his weight and drug problems but just twenty minutes ago I put him back on my list because he's shown such killer production, even when he splits touches with McCoy.

Yeah....I added later to my post, the only reason I was able to take him this late is because of the suspension. If I take Shady in my real draft I'd probably take him a little higher just to make sure I have the cuff in Karlos.

As you stated, he was too productive to take the chance of missing out on him.

Thomas was my other option, but in my early morning haze I took a RB who could provide value if Zeke's hamstring lingers...and whom I forgot was already injured himself.

Kirk Cousins, based on his early ease-of-schedule, was one the QB prospects recommended to be paired along with Brady for those who'd have to navigate through Brady's suspension. We should have seen that one coming. :)

I did read this a few weeks ago. So obviously you guys all know if you want Brady grab Cousins as his backup. Cousins could be a great value to this year. He was $$ the last half of the year.

Thought I'd swing for the fence here with Ajayi. I didn't want anything to do with Miami's backfield but when a guy like Ajayi falls this far it's hard not to take him, especially when I have great starters already. Ajayi is becoming pure value after his injury and the addition of Foster on the team. He's worth the risk for me at this point in the draft.

A strategy thus far in early mocks and MFL10's that I've had has been to pair Ebron with Walford. It's one that I'm going to continue to utilize in re-draft. Walford outsnapped Rivera last season and word from Raiders camp has been that Carr and he are on the same page. With the Raiders' offensive line a strong contender for top-5 in the NFL, it means they don't need to keep a tight end to block that much. I expect Walford to buck the trend of a lot of young tight ends and put up serviceable numbers this season. This late in the draft too, it's worth the chance.

I was torn here between two running backs. One will definitely catch more passes than Howard, but I can also see Howard becoming the starter for Chicago. It's amazing to me how high Langford gets drafted. Many people believe he is a good pass catching back, when in reality I think he is shaky at best. Plus he doesn't have much power or lateral shake.

Carey was a waste of a pick two years ago.

That leaves the rookie who is hopefully as good of a power runner as I believe he will be. Fox likes the power runner. What he doesn't like is a back who doesn't really do anything well besides run fast in a straight line.