Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Anyone else felling a little better about Dez ?

I know it was a small sample size but promising. I cant help from think if the running game gets going, teams will have to pull the safety up leaving Dez one on one.

I wanted his TD to get overturned personally. For the many that don't pay attention to preseason, it would've helped keep the inevitable ADP bubble from growing.

Never felt bad about him. He had an injury and people suddenly forgot that he catches TDs in his sleep. I guess the thing I feel better about is that they have a backup QB that can at least push the ball down the field if Romo goes down again.

I want to believe....and last night looked good.

I have the 8th pick in one of my 12 team PPR leagues and I know I'm going to be staring at a decision between Green and Dez. I know Green is the "safer" choice but Dez is one of those guys that can win you a couple of weeks.

I'm struggling with this so I'm also curious to hear what others are thinking. You'd think it's been long enough where the foot should be fully healed...but then you hear people like stephania bell from ESPN call him a major injury risk and it makes you worry.

There's a full Dez/Green thread you should peruse. Not being a , just making sure you know it's around here because that seems quite pertinent for your pick.

There's a full Dez/Green thread you should peruse. Not being a ######, just making sure you know it's around here because that seems quite pertinent for your pick.

Thanks but to me this is more about Dez and less about Green. In my opinion there is zero doubt Dez is the more talented player. If it wasn't for last years foot injury and Stephania Bell's comments it wouldn't even be close in my mind.

I read that thread but it's a lot of back and forth about Green vs Dez. I'm just concerned about Dez, his health, and what people are hearing about progress, limitations and long term prognosis.

Thanks but to me this is more about Dez and less about Green. In my opinion there is zero doubt Dez is the more talented player. If it wasn't for last years foot injury and Stephania Bell's comments it wouldn't even be close in my mind.

I read that thread but it's a lot of back and forth about Green vs Dez. I'm just concerned about Dez, his health, and what people are hearing about progress, limitations and long term prognosis.

In addition to Dezs health it is also Romos health. Either one of them goes down Dez is done. Green will get it done with whatever ab is back there.

In addition to Dezs health it is also Romos health. Either one of them goes down Dez is done. Green will get it done with whatever ab is back there.

What part of Dak's performance did you not like? Or the fact it was pre-season, so you're not buying it?

Romo's inablity to stay healthy the last two seasons still makes me nervous about draft him to early .

Saw what the other Qb did , but it was a preseason game .

No one doubts his talent here, its the combine health issue with dez and romo. It took Julio over a year to get over same foot injury

I certainly feel better about him. I'm relying on him big in my dynasty leagues, but I won't say I totally feel better. Foot injuries are a concern and can come back around when things are looking good. It will take a few regular season games before I feel like he's back to normal.

What part of Dak's performance did you not like? Or the fact it was pre-season, so you're not buying it?

Unless you're saying the kid has a nice arm, quick delivery etc. there's really nothing that can be taken from a pre-season game. I'd hardly base a FF draft pick on it lol.

Unless you're saying the kid has a nice arm, quick delivery etc. there's really nothing that can be taken from a pre-season game. I'd hardly base a FF draft pick on it lol.

Not saying he's fantasy relevant at this point but a strong arm and quick release are about the most important physical tools a QB can have at the top level. If it's already clear he's got those that's a huge hurdle cleared already.

I wanted his TD to get overturned personally. For the many that don't pay attention to preseason, it would've helped keep the inevitable ADP bubble from growing.

I was actually shocked it wasn't.

I was actually shocked it wasn't.

It might be the play of the preseason that goes largely unnoticed. Could be a clear indication that the catch definition is getting cleared up to be more common sense, particularly when a player exhibits control, possession, and then sets a ball down willingly.

I drafted dez, but wasn't as encouraged as most here. He had an okay game, but his production was a product of good throws into tight coverage where Dez just used his size to out muscle the DB. It wasn't like he was getting separation and running free. He was making highly contested catches which is good, but if he can't get separation, he's not going to make a living on those.

I drafted dez, but wasn't as encouraged as most here. He had an okay game, but his production was a product of good throws into tight coverage where Dez just used his size to out muscle the DB. It wasn't like he was getting separation and running free. He was making highly contested catches which is good, but if he can't get separation, he's not going to make a living on those.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you described most of his career right there. He's a junk ball and contested ball catcher.

That's been the strong point of Dez's career. He's one of the best receivers at strong pointing a ball, particularly in air.

I don't know if Dez has ever, in his entire career, earned the separation that Antonio Brown or Julio Jones can. But he doesn't need to. He's bigger and stronger than the majority of NFL corners. That's why he wins in press coverage so much.

He did what he needed to. Got some reps, made contested catches, left the game healthy.

X

God he sucked last year. And really throughout his whole career his catch rate has been pretty bad. He's a contested catch guy but you're better off if they aren't contested to begin with.

Sure he'll still have a good season if he can overcome the injury but really Dallas needs to move away from him a bit.

God he sucked last year. And really throughout his whole career his catch rate has been pretty bad. He's a contested catch guy but you're better off if they aren't contested to begin with.

Sure he'll still have a good season if he can overcome the injury but really Dallas needs to move away from him a bit.

We actually need to max him out - throw to him way more than we do. He's never had a 100 catch season - which is bizarre considering up till last year (which he missed due to injury) he had more td receptions than anyone over the previous 3 years.

"It wasn't like he was getting separation and running free. He was making highly contested catches which is good, but if he can't get separation, he's not going to make a living on those."

Anquan Boldin had a pretty nice career doing the above. Dez is also strong enough to break tackles and take it to the house. I wouldn't draft Romo as a QB1, but assume he goes out for a couple of games. Who is the backup going to look for? It would be Dez, precisely for this reason. I have Dez down a notch on my board only because I think the Cowboys are going to try to run over people more than they did last year, but also see if they can get safeties to creep up and get DB in single coverage. And also to try to get Romo to last the entire season.

Top 5, maybe, maybe not. But if he's healthy, he's got to be in the top 10 conversation.

Top ten would be where I would feel more comfortable drafting him .

He'll battle for you out there. Doesn't get the separation I'd like to see, but he competes and is driven. TDs should go back up near double digits.

Draft expecting 8-15 wr ranking with upside of top 5.

He's a tough one to predict due to his own injuries, qb health, team instability, game flow, etc.

I saw this subject/topic and I thought two things.

I bet if you search Dez Bryant. A thread, based upon this theme, will appear each of the past couple of years.

Then I thought of the Peanuts comic strip. Of Charlie Brown attempting to kick a football held by Lucy. Of Lucy pulling that ball away at the last minute. Of Charlie Brown flat on his back.

Then i think of Dez Bryant being Lucy and every FF team that has Dez as being Charlie Brown.

My advice. If you start 2 wr's and draft Dez. Get at least 3 so you can manage Dez at the appropriate time during the season.

Like others have said, Dez is one of the contested catch masters. That's what makes him so great to have when he's on. Sure, the occasional 'even and leavin' td like the ones a Jordy gets are cool, but it is just as sweet when Dez just 'decides' to break 5 tackles and turn a 5 yard catch into a 44 yard td.

Btw: Antonio Brown is the best wr in fantasy and lots of his production is in tight coverage when Ben trusts him and throws it to him anyway and gets paid back with chains moving, production, and the occasional huge play.

So it really comes down to if you think dez is healthy forreal. And can he keep his tds up? And will whoever is playing QB for Dallas sack up and throw it to him in one on one coverage?

A good question is Dez or Dez Jr (Allen Robinson). How about it? They both are td-centric playmakers. But...is AR on the way up? Has Dez already had his best year back when he was fighting to get paid? Is Tony and Dak > Blake? Do you believe the Jags will keep eating off of 'comeback'/garbage time production like they did last year to push AR's tds to where they ended up?