Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Hogan getting NO love.

Ok back to topic. Is Hogan a flier? Will he be the number 2 or 3 guy behind je?

yes he is def the #2

he will be even more valuable once Brady gets back

I drafted him in RD11 (We draft 13RDS) (4 Keepers)

the Pats are reportedly shopping Dobson too

Yes back to point. Nothing ever good comes out of pointing fingers and making accusations.

I couldn't be a racist even if I wanted to because of my one kryptonite weakness....women! :rolleyes:

Ahem....yes...let's get back to talking about the prospects of Hogan perhaps being an under-the-radar relevant WR this season.

That is focked up dude. We are not racist. And the Boston Celtics were the first NBA team to draft a black player when they drafted Chuck Cooper I think in 1951.

and the Celtics were the first team to hire a black coach when they made Bill Russell coach.

So where is your proof to back up these bull$hit claims?

was sarcasm...i find the whole topic this diverged into rather ridiculous and figured I'd make it even more so. ;)

I'd say it's a good argument that Belichek utilizing white receivers at a disproportionate ratio to other teams, is a budget or cost/value issue.. rather than a racist or bigoted one.

The Pats model is to look for value at all cost. I'd guess that white offensive players at the skilled positions (on average) are paid and have the ability to demand less $$ than that of their African American counterparts.

It might be interesting to do a salary/contract analysis of white vs African American skilled position offensive players.

What would it show?

I don't know Belichek, so can't comment on his belief system when it comes to anything else.

yes he is def the #2

he will be even more valuable once Brady gets back

I drafted him in RD11 (We draft 13RDS) (4 Keepers)

the Pats are reportedly shopping Dobson too

He was taken 14.5 in the league below. WR58. Sammie Coates before, Will Fuller after. While Hogan is the #2, that is wr, he is definitely the #3 overall option. Not many other wr2 have the TE ahead of them. Amendola, wr2b, will get looks if/when he returns, Key Martin, wr2c, showed promise last year. I wanted Hogan to make it 7 more spots to my pick, but still think he will tough weekly play.

This topic is hilarious. This is what we get when we hyper-sensitize the public to racial issues: they start to see racism everywhere, when there is none to be seen.

This culture PC grievance nonsense has to stop, and I know it isn't people of my ideology behind it.

What I think about this issue is pretty basic: it's part coincidence, and part something else. The part that is something else is also simple: Belichick likes players with high Wonderlic scores. He thinks they're more coachable.

At some point, incredible athleticism is limited. It matters not if you can run a 4.1, if you're running a 4.1 in the wrong direction, or at the wrong time. He wants a balance between good athleticism, and the intelligence to maximize its potential.

That he sees that frequently in white WRs isn't a racist issue to me. It's a product of the devastation that our Government policy towards minorities has wrought. Many black athletes didn't excel academically; those that did are not discriminated against by Belicheck, or anyone else. But many don't - and it's because of our culture.

I'm a political guy, as some of you know. I know what I blame for this problem. It also happened to Appalachian whites. It isn't a racial issue; it merely happened to the black race more than others in this country.

Black families didn't get destroyed by slavery. They endured its horror for over 2 centuries; some still continues in remote parts of Africa.

Black culture wasn't irreparably damaged by overt racism, even though blacks endured it worldwide for the same length of time, and in America for decades.

What killed black culture was leftist entitlement programs. These insipid programs took the need for black men to be fathers and husbands out of the equation. They took their self-worth by no longer requiring a job in order to live. That sort of thing is soul destroying - and the dysfunction of black culture is manifesting those symptoms.

Many black athletes used their athletic prowess to escape its grip - but that doesn't mean that they weren't negatively affected by it. Many weren't good students.

I think if there is any attributability to this discussion, it's that Belicheck values intelligence at least as highly as athleticism, and perhaps that has caused more WRs who haven't fallen into that cultural trap to make it to his team.

• Like 2

Ok back to topic. Is Hogan a flier? Will he be the number 2 or 3 guy behind je?

Got Amendola, Malcolm Mitchell who will be back a few weeks into the season, and Hogan along w Edelman... Although competing with Gronk AND Bennett, as well as JWhite/Lewis... Bye week fill in type where you hope he gets some action... I don't see him being anything more than a spot start... I'd rather go after an upside guy who could possibly get alot of looks if things break right.

Who is going to catch passes in SF now that Ellington is done?

Edit: and to add to IMMEnsa... Malcolm Mitchell is a high character guy and a published author... It was clear his selection was part athleticism that was hidden due to injury his soph? or junior year, as well as his intelligence... Deion Branch was a cerebral WR, belicheck said one of the more cerebral WR he ever coached... Troy Brown was another very savvy cerebral player... Quit with the racism BS

• Like 1

This topic is hilarious. This is what we get when we hyper-sensitize the public to racial issues: they start to see racism everywhere, when there is none to be seen.

This culture PC grievance nonsense has to stop, and I know it isn't people of my ideology behind it.

What I think about this issue is pretty basic: it's part coincidence, and part something else. The part that is something else is also simple: Belichick likes players with high Wonderlic scores. He thinks they're more coachable.

Exactly what I had said. Thanks for stating this :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Got Amendola, Malcolm Mitchell who will be back a few weeks into the season, and Hogan along w Edelman... Although competing with Gronk AND Bennett, as well as JWhite/Lewis... Bye week fill in type where you hope he gets some action... I don't see him being anything more than a spot start... I'd rather go after an upside guy who could possibly get alot of looks if things break right.

Who is going to catch passes in SF now that Ellington is done?

Edit: and to add to IMMEnsa... Malcolm Mitchell is a high character guy and a published author... It was clear his selection was part athleticism that was hidden due to injury his soph? or junior year, as well as his intelligence... Deion Branch was a cerebral WR, belicheck said one of the more cerebral WR he ever coached... Troy Brown was another very savvy cerebral player... Quit with the racism BS

Amendola is not going to be playing ahead of Hogan when he comes back..thats if he comes back I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats part ways with Amendola and cut him. Hogan is the #2 WR and will remain unless injured. Yes he may be the 3rd option, but in the redzone I would think Hogan would be ahead of Edelman cuz of his size alone.

And I dont think IMMEnsa was saying there werent any intelligent black WR's so I dont know why you took it that way. You are correct Brown, Branch, and Mitchell are all intelligent people...it just proves what IMMEnsa was saying is accurate, just like you were.

At some point, incredible athleticism is limited. It matters not if you can run a 4.1, if you're running a 4.1 in the wrong direction, or at the wrong time. He wants a balance between good athleticism, and the intelligence to maximize its potential.

That he sees that frequently in white WRs isn't a racist issue to me. It's a product of the devastation that our Government policy towards minorities has wrought. Many black athletes didn't excel academically; those that did are not discriminated against by Belicheck, or anyone else. But many don't - and it's because of our culture.

I'm a political guy, as some of you know. I know what I blame for this problem. It also happened to Appalachian whites. It isn't a racial issue; it merely happened to the black race more than others in this country.

Black families didn't get destroyed by slavery. They endured its horror for over 2 centuries; some still continues in remote parts of Africa.

Black culture wasn't irreparably damaged by overt racism, even though blacks endured it worldwide for the same length of time, and in America for decades.

What killed black culture was leftist entitlement programs. These insipid programs took the need for black men to be fathers and husbands out of the equation. They took their self-worth by no longer requiring a job in order to live. That sort of thing is soul destroying - and the dysfunction of black culture is manifesting those symptoms.

Many black athletes used their athletic prowess to escape its grip - but that doesn't mean that they weren't negatively affected by it. Many weren't good students.

I think if there is any attributability to this discussion, it's that Belicheck values intelligence at least as highly as athleticism, and perhaps that has caused more WRs who haven't fallen into that cultural trap to make it to his team.

Didn't think this thread could get any dumber. Congrats :first:

Didn't think this thread could get any dumber. Congrats :first:

And then you posted your response?

:facepalm:

If you disagree, do so with some thought. I do remember that such things were a great challenge for you back in the day, and I also now see that not much has changed, Worms.

Amendola is not going to be playing ahead of Hogan when he comes back..thats if he comes back I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats part ways with Amendola and cut him. Hogan is the #2 WR and will remain unless injured. Yes he may be the 3rd option, but in the redzone I would think Hogan would be ahead of Edelman cuz of his size alone.

And I dont think IMMEnsa was saying there werent any intelligent black WR's so I dont know why you took it that way. You are correct Brown, Branch, and Mitchell are all intelligent people...it just proves what IMMEnsa was saying is accurate, just like you were.

I didn't take Dank's post as a disagreement to what I said. He's agreeing, I think.

People who disagree won't be able to elucidate how they disagree; they'll just lob poo - see Worms.

Hogan may well be the WR2, but he's 3rd or 4th in the pecking order as NE will be running a 2 TE base set that is going to be absurdly hard to stop with two 6'5" TE monsters who can run and catch...

I'm huge on Bennett this year although i didn't get to snag him in any drafts.. I expect both TE's to be top 10 this year. As a homer I hope Hogan is an impact player as its another piece.. Just hard to trust WR's not named Edelman in NE

Hogan may well be the WR2, but he's 3rd or 4th in the pecking order as NE will be running a 2 TE base set that is going to be absurdly hard to stop with two 6'5" TE monsters who can run and catch...

I'm huge on Bennett this year although i didn't get to snag him in any drafts.. I expect both TE's to be top 10 this year. As a homer I hope Hogan is an impact player as its another piece.. Just hard to trust WR's not named Edelman in NE

I welcome another WR besides Edelman, he is always hurt.

I traded Gronk b4 our draft for Lamar Miller and I targeted Bennett and Hogan in my draft last week. I got them both. My core 4 keeprs are

David Johnson

Lamar Miller

OBJ

AJ Green

Yup 4 players in the top 10 :first:

and yes its a 12 team league

Tough to tell what his role is. But with all the injuries they have I think he can get a chance and shine. He is a solid WR for sure that can do more than their other WRs. I'm sure he will have his big games and stretches where he is a non factor. Tough to count on him.

Tough to tell what his role is. But with all the injuries they have I think he can get a chance and shine. He is a solid WR for sure that can do more than their other WRs. I'm sure he will have his big games and stretches where he is a non factor. Tough to count on him.

def an upgrade from Dobson or LaFell

Funny story, I hope. I was in Raleigh visiting friends last Monday night during Steelers/Skins at a bar. Someone brought up BB loving him some white boys at a disproportionate rate, then someone else brought up the "R" word, and I sat silent grinning knowing I could never explain this thread. The table next to us 5 agreed and made some interesting comments. Granted, perhaps it is my exposure to these biased folks once a year that makes me think the way I do, but it was funny none the less! Just a "CSB", not trying to spark debate. Cheers!

p.s. Hogan looks pretty good

How many damn white boy WR does NE need?

Seriously, if he was black i would had pass but since he's white and playing for BB he does intrigue me.

lol great thread here.

Fixed that for you. And yes it does. You must have never taken Statistics in college. It is a long pattern of choosing white people over black people, who typically do better at this game. That is the very definition of racism. I am trying hard not to bring up the plantation era South... how can he be racist when he employs so many blacks?

So are you saying blacks are better athletes than whites? Racist!

lol great thread here.

So are you saying blacks are better athletes than whites? Racist!

Here in New England whites are better receivers. I can not speak for anywhere else though. Look at the evidence: Chad Johnson a great black WR, comes here and sucks, Brandon LaFell an above average black WR, comes to New England and sucks azz. Randy Moss was a great black WR but came here and he dressed and acted white so he was able to be a great WR here. But then he started to not act white and what happened? He started to suck...and then he was done..shipped out of here.

I feel I have made a convincing case here. The Pats WR core is awesome this year. :cheers:

Here in New England whites are better receivers. I can not speak for anywhere else though. Look at the evidence: Chad Johnson a great black WR, comes here and sucks, Brandon LaFell an above average black WR, comes to New England and sucks azz. Randy Moss was a great black WR but came here and he dressed and acted white so he was able to be a great WR here. But then he started to not act white and what happened? He started to suck...and then he was done..shipped out of here.

I feel I have made a convincing case here. The Pats WR core is awesome this year. :cheers:

So true...

• Like 1