Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Jared Cook is a major key

taking you to the playoffs.

mark my words. if your team has Cook there is a 99 percent chance you are getting in. Jordy Nelson is 30+ coming off ACL tear (or was it MCL) anyways he tore his knee in half and won't be as effective. Cook has had third string quarterbacks throwing to him his whole career. Cook is by far one of the most atheltic and talented tight ends in the league. Now that he's in green bay with one of the best qbs in nfl history in his prime, they built great chemisty in training camp and pre season

cook will be the jimmy graham in 2011 and julius thomas in 2013

easily putting up 16+ points a game.

I bought the Finley hype a few years ago.....hook, line, and sinker.

If I can get him it would very late this when I draft my TE's .

I won't hesitate on taking him.

I loved the completely unqualifiable 99% chance. Didnt want to go balls deep and say 100....give yourself that 1% wiggle room. Smart.

Biggest problem with Ebron is staying on the field to contribute.

I agree with the Virgil Green hype train. I was a year too early last year.

Jared Cook hype needs to stop. As Stonewall said, if he was the #2 Finley fan I was the #1. I bought in every year - he was a physical specimen - speed, size, and fair skill.. He could break tackles as well. It never worked out. If it didn't work out for him in that system - it will not work out for anyone. The GB TE spot is your ex gf. You keep inviting her over and regret sleeping with her every morning. Go bang the new hot chick at the bar - Virgil Green.

Jared Cook hype needs to stop. As Stonewall said, if he was the #2 Finley fan I was the #1. I bought in every year - he was a physical specimen - speed, size, and fair skill.. He could break tackles as well. It never worked out. If it didn't work out for him in that system - it will not work out for anyone. The GB TE spot is your ex gf. You keep inviting her over and regret sleeping with her every morning. Go bang the new hot chick at the bar - Virgil Green.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This guy get its.

The #2 receiver in the Gary Kubiak offense is the Tight End. Virgil Green will be the safety blanket for whoever is running the offense in Denver.

You guys have my curiosity up over Virgil. Gonna check it out.

Had him in both dynasties last year. Cut bait after the team decided to roll with old man Daniels, and it just so happened to be the year he didn't really get hurt. Dumped all my stock.... Yeah that sucks

I'm just not seeing Virgil Green. Seventh round pick and has never done squat in the league. I could be wrong but I think he's more dud than break-out.

• Like 1

I'm just not seeing Virgil Green. Seventh round pick and has never done squat in the league. I could be wrong but I think he's more dud than break-out.

He has talent. Just never used really. I like the two tight ends with the weakest qb play targeting their tight ends a shiot ton.

Pair him with Christine Michael for bonus damage.

:lol: That should be a bonus in a league somewhere. 3 point bonus damage for underachievers.

You're on. I don't post much around here anymore after the season ends though.

Also, under what scoring format?

deal, but it cant be anything degrading or creepy.

If I can get him it would very late this when I draft my TE's .

I won't hesitate on taking him.

Hey paws and anyone else, give me your thoughts.

I too have Cook but I have not drafted a kicker yet. Here is my dilemma.....I need to cut either Bortles, Cook, Henry, or SShephard in order to pick up a kicker. I would hate to cut Cook because I too believe the hype again and JReed has a history of getting injured. Luck got injured last year so I would hate to cut Bortles. I really believe Henry will be a beast, but right now, he can't start because I have 4 good runners (includes LBell). I can only suit up 2 per game.

I hate to give up on Shephard without seeing him play one game. I was hoping to watch this game against Dallas first, but can I play without a kicker for one week. My league requires 3 WRs to play and I have 5 WRs including Josh Gordon, so if I cut Shephard and he goes off, I lose him and I have no back up WR for 3 weeks.

So what would you do?

virgil green will outscore cook, sig bet?

No way, no how.

Yea I agree , I've posted about the signing of Boldin taking Enron job from him. .

If your team is holding two TE's and you need to drop someone for a kicker , than Te number two is gone.

If your team is holding two TE's and you need to drop someone for a kicker , than Te number two is gone.

What seemed so simple (for you), is so hard (for me).

It will kill me to see Cook finally become that beast we thought he would become, now that he has the greatest NFL QB slinging it to him. Sigh! Okay, here goes. Bye bye Cook. I'm sure after you score two tds this weekend you will be picked up very quickly.

Thanks paws.

What seemed so simple (for you), is so hard (for me).

It will kill me to see Cook finally become that beast we thought he would become, now that he has the greatest NFL QB slinging it to him. Sigh! Okay, here goes. Bye bye Cook. I'm sure after you score two tds this weekend you will be picked up very quickly.

Thanks paws.

You are letting weepaws talk you into decisions that actually affect your team? Are you new or something?

You are letting weepaws talk you into decisions that actually affect your team? Are you new or something?

I love weepaws. He is very smart man. Often he is right on the money.

I didn't want to cut Cook, but I just needed a strong voice of reason to confirm what I felt I needed to do.

I love weepaws. He is very smart man. Often he is right on the money.

I didn't want to cut Cook, but I just needed a strong voice of reason to confirm what I felt I needed to do.

Weepaws alias?...

Career year coming imo with a top qb. Do not own or ever owned

Who he showed great chemistry with already this preseason. Jordy being rusty could also result in a few more looks his way.

I took low risk flyers on him in Tennessee and St. Louis over the years so I can't say I've ever been BURNED by the guy. When I saw him coming up again in sleeper articles and vids I rolled my eyes like some of you. Then he got healthy. I drafted him as the last TE off the board in our draft as my only TE. Plenty of other sleepers on the wire should he pull another "Cook".

cooks intrigued me since he came off the pup list and caught every ball besides one i think. that said i passed on drafting him.

in leagues where you arent required to slot a te would you rather have him then guys like snead graham or flyer rbs even?