Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Ertz ?

I dumped Julious last week for him, am I going to regret it ?

I know it was his 1st game back last week but man....

fockin' a...it Ertz when Eifert..especially since both are pinnacles of suckage this year. :mad:

Eagles Tight end has been a black hole for a long time.

They where pretty productive under Kelly.

They where pretty productive under Kelly.

Really? Who was that? The posistion might have been productive, at times, but good luck figuring out who, which is the name of the game in fantasy. This goes back to the Reid years. Tight ends on Philly get constant hype and little results.

In 2014 Ertz finshed 13 in fantasy football points in ppr with a Qb combo of Sanchez and Foles.

13th in ppr is good production especially based on the Qbs.

Now last season 2015 with a better Qb Ertz finshed 9 th in ppr with Bradford as his Qb.

This a Te one that's good production.

In 2014 Ertz finshed 13 in fantasy football points in ppr with a Qb combo of Sanchez and Foles.

13th in ppr is good production especially based on the Qbs.

Now last season 2015 with a better Qb Ertz finshed 9 th in ppr with Bradford as his Qb.

This a Te one that's good production.

He had 2td's last year. I don't play ppr, because guys with 2td's shouldn't be valuable.

Chad Lewis, Beent Celek, Zach Ertz. The Eagles have had a fantasy relevant TE for more of the past 15 years. They haven't had a stud at the position, but you can say that about 2/3rds of the league. :dunno:

Ertz is a little frustrating. Physically he has all the size and tools and reminds me a little of Jason Witten. He just has trouble staying healthy and the team has been inconsistent in getting him involved. He also isn't much of a redzone threat which is where his fantasy value really takes a hit.

I think he will end up being a 750-800 yard 4/5 TD TE throughout his career. Those are fine #s but not nearly what the Eagles thought they were getting when they drafted him.

The one thing that may change that is Wentz. He likes going over the middle and hasn't played much with Ertz. Plus they both have names that end in Z.

Chad Lewis had one decent hear. 700 and 3 td's, big deal. Celek also had one good year, maybe two, and has scored 30'td's in a ten year career. Knock yourself out. And those are the two best since Reid came on the scene 15-16 years ago. It's a myth this Eagles TE production. Check out how little Reid uses Kelce in KC. Pederson runs the same offense. It's all about the RB's and one WR. That's what has happened in the Reid offense for a long time now.

Ertz had 750+ yards and 850+ yards the past 2 seasons. He's not going to win leagues but he should be a Top 10-12 option for the rest of the year which makes him fantasy start able.

Point is the posistion for the Eagles gets a lot of hype every year and the results aren't there, and it's been that way for a long time. LJ Smith anyone?

Nobody is saying Ertz is going to be a breakout candidate or stud but he is fantasy relevant and not a black hole.

HTH

Depends where you drafted him. Posistion never matches the hype.

Depends where you drafted him. Posistion never matches the hype.

How about if I picked him up off waivers as my backup TE, who could conceivably be a TE1 in his own right should my top guy go down?

Does that meet your approval?

How about if I picked him up off waivers as my backup TE, who could conceivably be a TE1 in his own right should my top guy go down?

Does that meet your approval?

Of course. I am talking about the historical record of that posistion in that offense. It has consistently been given more credit than it deserves. Again, look at Reid's offense in KC with Kelce. He's obv a tremendous talent, who is consistently under utilized. It was that way the last 2 years with Pederson as the OC. And if he's so good,'what's he doing on waivers?

Will I play ppr so for you it doesn't count .

For me a Te that's scoring enough fantasy points to be on my roster is production.

And because that doesn't agree with your standard league scoring system doesn't make it the same for everyone.

So it's been proven they have been productive.

Next?

HT got tired of being wrong about Trump and decided to be wrong about Ertz.

Like we're debating whether to use a high pick on him? :wacko:

Drafts are over HT. Question now is, regardless of how or when you got him, could he be a TE1 going forward?

Like we're debating whether to use a high pick on him? :wacko:

Drafts are over HT. Question now is, regardless of how or when you got him, could he be a TE1 going forward?

History says in that offense there will be a few good games, inconsistent. It's a run based offense and the TE is there to block, and is at best third in the pecking order behind the RB's and the #1 WR. I wouldn't count on that spot week to week. And PPR is outdated. It came about for a reason and that reason doesn't exist anymore. And how did this turn into me telling you who to play? I never brougt that up. Paranoid, making things up.

Do you mind if I keep on playing it?

Sure. But I do wish that fantasy had more uniformity sometimes. Some leagues, including one of mine, do some very different things.

Sure. But I do wish that fantasy had more uniformity sometimes. Some leagues, including one of mine, do some very different things.

The only two leagues I play in regularly that have the same scoring are the two I commish :) And one of them is an IDP-only league, so that doesn't count for this matter. But I actually like the challenge of having to evaluate players on different standards. For example, I prefer PPR--in general, I prefer as much scoring for as many different stats as possible as long as scoring is balanced--but while I am 1-4 in my PPR keeper league this year, I am 5-0 in a non-ppr TD heavy league, a kind of scoring I don't like as much. Gives me some puzzles to suss out, figuring out what I'm doing right and wrong. And it's important, because I care about the keeper league a lot more.

Ertz in 2015 in ppr he finshed 9 in points.

In 2015 non ppr he finshed 10th.

In 2014 in ppr Ertz finshed 13.

In 2014 in non ppr he finshed 13.

So now what other scoring system is it that you play in?

Either why that's production.

So after all the hype he finished 13th in a standard? That great if you have to play 2 TE's. Whatever, enjoy. If he has a good season that will be the surprise, not if he's mediocre.

So what's the deal with this guy?

Is he playing a lot of snaps?

In to block most of the time? Wentz just doesn't use his TEs?

Has someone supplanted him?

So what's the deal with this guy?

Is he playing a lot of snaps?

In to block most of the time? Wentz just doesn't use his TEs?

Has someone supplanted him?

He is just waiting for me to drop him so he can blow up.

Hold until he has a big game (he will) then unload him to someone who hasn't read my take on this matter. Good luck.

Ertz in 2015 in ppr he finshed 9 in points.

In 2015 non ppr he finshed 10th.

In 2014 in ppr Ertz finshed 13.

In 2014 in non ppr he finshed 13.

So now what other scoring system is it that you play in?

Either why that's production.

Oh yeah, that's was Chip Kelly's offense. He doesn't work there anymore. This is the Andy Reid offense, that Pederson is running. See Kelce, Travis.

He's had two good match ups, where his team was down in both games.....and he did nothing.

There's really nothing to be excited about with the Eagle offense right now.

Let's get sane here and put things in perspective shall we?

Eagles were DOMINATED in time of possession. Wentz only completed 11 passes for the entire game.

Wentz threw a bad pass (bullet pass) to Ertz, which he should have caught for an easy TD.

If Ertz had caught that pass and scored we wouldn't be having this "burn Ertz's jersey and drop him" discussion.

I'm Rollin

I'm Rollin

Ertz had 8 catches for 97 yards last week. You also predicted Hillary to win all night in Tuesday.

Fail. :lol:

Ertz had 8 catches for 97 yards last week. You also predicted Hillary to win all night in Tuesday.

Fail. :lol:

And Hillary won the popular vote. She's still not starting on my team either.

And Hillary won the popular vote.

That and a quarter will give you a quarter.

• Like 1

He can be dropped now. Rollin

The problem is that there is not much else. Ertz still scored more than Olsen, Reed, Graham and Kelce (amongst others).