Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Ty Montgomery?

I'm starting him as my wr2 just for fun. It is an overall yardage league and I think he has a 7 pt floor with some upside. That is all I need out of that slot.

I took too much time pondering the pickup yesterday and someone else beat me to him. Looks like he's riding the bench on the other team. I guess he wants to see how tonight shakes out.

David and Don Jackson have also been scooped from FA. Someone's going to have to carry the load there. I have to say I'm personally intrigued by Jackson over the others.

i was sort of hoping they'd classify him at RB so I could pick him up and start him there but I guess it ain't gonna happen. So hurting at RB in one league I'm desperate to start a WR there. :wall:

i was sort of hoping they'd classify him at RB so I could pick him up and start him there but I guess it ain't gonna happen. So hurting at RB in one league I'm desperate to start a WR there. :wall:

I'm surprised they didn't give him the duo classification too. They should because he clearly is lining up as a RB.

I don't think they do it mid season for football.

Does remind me of the best dual position instance like this, when Marcus Colston was classified as a WR/TE his rookie season. I got him right after that very first week, and was able to roll with a pro bowl WR all year long in my TE spot, because they wouldn't change it out mid season. Glorious, glorious flukes.

Does remind me of the best dual position instance like this, when Marcus Colston was classified as a WR/TE his rookie season. I got him right after that very first week, and was able to roll with a pro bowl WR all year long in my TE spot, because they wouldn't change it out mid season. Glorious, glorious flukes.

ESPN has said that a player can recieve dual classification. They do not take away classification. So depending on the use this week he could gain rb/wr status going forward.

ESPN has said that a player can recieve dual classification. They do not take away classification. So depending on the use this week he could gain rb/wr status going forward.

Oh; interesting.

are you thinking cobb gets some backfield carries? was happy to see cobb removed from the injured list

Don't own him, so I can't.

I actually hope/think that Cobb benefits the most out of all this.

are you thinking cobb gets some backfield carries? was happy to see cobb removed from the injured list

And that they run less while they sort out the mess and Davis learns the plays.

Lacy just placed on IR.

I won a couple of leagues the year the Vikings ended the season starting Joe Webb at QB, and yahoo kept him listed as a WR. Being able to start a running QB playing for a job in a WR spot was gold.

I won a couple of leagues the year the Vikings ended the season starting Joe Webb at QB, and yahoo kept him listed as a WR. Being able to start a running QB playing for a job in a WR spot was gold.

I'm a Vikes fan, so I remember exactly what games you're referring to.

Fantasy gold. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Webb. My opp in the championship in my keeper league even half heartedly complained about his chances because of Yahoo's listing :)

Adams active and 2 RBs active has me a bit more tepid in my enthusiasm for him tonight.

Even better was Marques Colston in Yahoo leagues his first year. He was listed as a WR/TE or maybe just a TE. :banana:

And then there was Dexter McCl...oh wait, nevermind.

Even better was Marques Colston in Yahoo leagues his first year. He was listed as a WR/TE or maybe just a TE. :banana:

And then there was Dexter McCl...oh wait, nevermind.

yep I mentioned that above on Colston. I picked him up right after Week 1 when I saw that; and I'm not one that generally invests so early in unknown free agents after only game. But when I saw he had the TE designation too (I don't remember who I had originally, but I knew my TE was weak that year) I knew I had to at least take a shot at him.

laughed to the bank that entire year.

yep I mentioned that above on Colston. I picked him up right after Week 1 when I saw that; and I'm not one that generally invests so early in unknown free agents after only game. But when I saw he had the TE designation too (I don't remember who I had originally, but I knew my TE was weak that year) I knew I had to at least take a shot at him.

laughed to the bank that entire year.

Ah yes. That was my first year of fantasy football...such a disaster since I did little to no prep AND I had injuries galore. I was the worst but I learned a lot about adp and nerdy fantasy math. We had a dude starting Colston at tight end with a straight face the whole year and he still didn't win. Terrible!

Ah yes. That was my first year of fantasy football...such a disaster since I did little to no prep AND I had injuries galore. I was the worst but I learned a lot about adp and nerdy fantasy math. We had a dude starting Colston at tight end with a straight face the whole year and he still didn't win. Terrible!

I remember my first year too, when I didn't really understand things either.

I think I had like 7th pick, and every one took RBs, so I thought, "hmm, why don't I take the #1 WR here instead of the 7th RB." Comes back to me on the swing and still all RBs, so I'm like, "hmm, why I don't I take the #2 WR here and I'll have the best set of WRs" in the league." Seems smart, right?

This of course back when RB/RB dominated the drafts because there was no RBBC and there was such a scarcity at the position. 1 and 2 WRs were TO and Marvin, which were still great picks. But boy did I get lucky though and still was able to Deuce McAllister and Tiki Barber with my next 2 picks, because boy oh boy did the RB picks after that go downhill fast.

Could easily have been a disaster, but instead ended up winning the whole thing.

So...it was interesting that my newly added wide receiver got the call for a one yard run up the gut on 4th down. First time that's happened to me in fantasy ball.

Wish he'd scored, of course.

So...it was interesting that my newly added wide receiver got the call for a one yard run up the gut on 4th down. First time that's happened to me in fantasy ball.

Wish he'd scored, of course.

No doubt. Obviously a little rusty on the short yardage runs. Don't often see the ball carrier get his pads across the line and not get the ball over.

No doubt. Obviously a little rusty on the short yardage runs. Don't often see the ball carrier get his pads across the line and not get the ball over.

He was trying hard to protect the ball, it looked like. I can appreciate that. I am happy they called that play, though. I am starting him tonight. Have DonJack as well on the bench for long term. But maybe Ty is the long term. We'll see. They trusted him with that call.

looks like a good pickup for people who started him tonight. might only be a one week thing though.

I'll take it. Because I need it.

Seriously, the way he's running, they may just keep him at RB. Running hard.

12.6 in standard. I take it all things considered. Had 2 isolation plays for him to score...just didnt convert.

Opponent had Howard and meredith.

(Dancing effing banana)

looks like a good pickup for people who started him tonight. might only be a one week thing though.

Jackson dinged and not sure Davis 9d a 20 carry back.

I think they keep using Ty in this role.

12.6 in standard. I take it all things considered. Had 2 isolation plays for him to score...just didnt convert.

Opponent had Howard and meredith.

(Dancing effing banana)

Got me 13 on a projected 11.

19 touches for 126 yds from my WR3. I'll take that with a smile. I also think he ran well enough to stay in the RB discussion moving forward. 9/60 is a good rushing line.

Got me 13 on a projected 11.

19 touches for 126 yds from my WR3. I'll take that with a smile. I also think he ran well enough to stay in the RB discussion moving forward. 9/60 is a good rushing line.

Howd you get 13? Sonofabitch.

Yeah...could have had 2 tds if he broke a tackle and just ran behind his line...but no major complaints from a waiver wire guy

Very happy to get his production from my 3rd WR spot, especially since I've been really hurting there all year due to injuries.

He was obviously more valuable in PPR but I was very pleased with his performance in a standard league and it could've been even better. He was extremely close to two TD's as well. Nearly scored on the 4th and 1. If he sticks the ball out over the goal line it's a TD. Something he'll learn as he gets more reps. Also nearly got in on the play before Cobb's TD.

Ty is a fantastic weapon that I hope they continue to utilize. Don Jackson, Knile Davis and James Starks are not as dangerous with the ball as Ty. He spent a ton of time on a short week with the RBs so I'd love to see how much better he can be with a long week of continuing to learn the position and getting reps back there.

Ideally, he becomes a Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, James White/Dion Lewis type weapon.