Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

DFS Golf - Golf wagering

Just a topic to discuss various golf gambling. This is the home of the edex cup afterall.

I've been doing 50-50s and double ups mostly. Cashed on the euro event last week and got killed at the careerbuilder.

Farmers Insurance open this week on Torrey north and south.

My cheap plays are Martin Laird and Adam Hadwin. Need 4 more

A. Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose, Gary Woodland, Charles Howell

B. Jason Day, Brooks Keopka (could be Snedeker as I don't HAVE to spend the max), woodland and Howell

C. Snedeker, Walker, fowler or oosthuizen, woodland

Something has me leaning Day, Sneds, Woodland and Howell.

--------------------

Betting odds wise I really like Woodland at 40-1. Snedeker always plays well here at 25-1.

Steele at 50-1

Laird at 60-1

Stacked field at Torrey Pines this week.

Woods has better odds (+3000) than Nippleson (+3500) :lol:

EdEx Cup is the extent of my golf wagering... I don't see how anyone makes money actually betting golf.

How many people playing DFS had Swafford last week?

How many people playing DFS had Swafford last week?

Not me. Had lovemark tho! :D

I did double up on abu dhabi with kaymer, hatton, weisberger etc.

Key is having 5 of 6 make the cut if not all 6.

I was 3/6 at career builder

EdEx Cup is the extent of my golf wagering... I don't see how anyone makes money actually betting golf.

It's tough. I had bubba when he won his first masters. I also had kuchar in an event where he blew a lead late and lost in a playoff to ... Matt jones?

I think the best way to wager golf is to pick 3 or 4 guys you like at their odds and then to make a hedge type wager on someone to finish top 10 or top 20 if your gambling site allows (bovada has top 10 odds for example) and pick a course horse. Snedeker or Jimmy Walker would come to mind this week. They won't have great odds on a top 10 finish but enough to break you even if one of your winners doesn't hit.

But you have to he prepared to lose let's say 50 dollars if you make 3 10 dollar bets on winners and 1 20 dollar bet on a top 10 finisher and it doesn't pan out.

Bill Haas would have been my top 10 hedge last week and I think he finished t16?

I'm an idiot.

After round 1 I'm in 35th of 330 or so but I was originally going with DJ, Rose, Woodland, Howell, Hadwin and Laird.

Rose woodland Hadwin and Howell are doing great.

I ended up swapping out rose and woodland for snedeker and even par jimmy walker :D

Dumbass

original lineup would have had me T1 of 334 people.

currently 34 of 334

just need to finish top 150 to double up which should be doable with DJ playing the North course tomorrow. Even if Jimmy shits the bed and misses the cut I should get 5/6 into the weekend which is normally a recipe for double up success.

Euro Tour Qatar masters I am 95 out of 229. Need top 100 to cash. Rafa Bello was a disappointment and late tinkering with my lineup cost me a bit in this one as well as I had Bradley Dredge in my lineup and he is 1st place at 8 under. Swapped him out yesterday morning. All of my picks are -2 or better which is T46. Im guessing -3 may be the cut with the wind conditions so hopefully i'll be safe. My risky, cheap play was Bjorn and hes sitting at -4

.... i know, rats ass

a few years back i switched from fanduel to draftkings because fanduel didnt offer DFS golf. Now, fanduel has added it, probably due to their pending merger.

So yes, my account is on draft kings. I play a little NFL, i've played baseball and basketball. I find golf to be my best. Not only because of the knowledge factor but because sports like baseball and especially NBA are all about waiting until the last minute, finding players who are taking the night off and using their backups on the cheap. I don't have the kind of time to devote to watching things that closely. Baseball is a little easier, less guys as last minute scratches. NBA is nuts. If you don't check rotoworld and lineup websites 10 minutes before tip off, you can very easily take a goose egg from a key player...

With golf you can build your lineup tuesday night or wednesday morning and be done with it.

Football I have the knowledge but for some reason I just suck at putting together a salary capped lineup.

a few years back i switched from fanduel to draftkings because fanduel didnt offer DFS golf. Now, fanduel has added it, probably due to their pending merger.

So yes, my account is on draft kings. I play a little NFL, i've played baseball and basketball. I find golf to be my best. Not only because of the knowledge factor but because sports like baseball and especially NBA are all about waiting until the last minute, finding players who are taking the night off and using their backups on the cheap. I don't have the kind of time to devote to watching things that closely. Baseball is a little easier, less guys as last minute scratches. NBA is nuts. If you don't check rotoworld and lineup websites 10 minutes before tip off, you can very easily take a goose egg from a key player...

With golf you can build your lineup tuesday night or wednesday morning and be done with it.

Football I have the knowledge but for some reason I just suck at putting together a salary capped lineup.

Cool. Im gonna give it a try.

Qatar Masters I have 6 of 6 made the cut. I'm in 70th. Top 100 cash. So that should be a lock with a full weekend squad.

Farmers DJ and Walker are killing me. To think I could have had rose and woodland.. Oh well. Unless jimmy goes on a run his last 7 holes I've got 2 MCs for sure and Laird is right on the bubble. I'm in 25th and the top 150 cash but only having 3 golfers on the weekend means I'll fade fast. Really need 4.

okay. went 1/2 last week. Cashed in Qatar but Martin Lairds MDF at Torrey Pines cost me as I slid from 23rd after friday to 168th after Sunday (top 150 cashed)

This week

Dubai Desert Classic

Henrik Stenson

Thomas Aiken

Peter Hanson

Ross Fisher

David Lingmerth

Jaco Van Zyl (my cheap cut maker)

I was going to go with 2 guys like Segio and Westwood in the 9k range but I like a lot of the names in the 8500 down to 7600 range so decided to go top heavy with Stenson.

WM Phoenix Open

Jon Rahm

Phil Mickelson

Bubba Watson

Patrick Reed

Tony Finau

Louis Oosthuizen (6,900 too good to pass up)

I'm bypassing Spieth, Thomas and Matsuyama which might just be insane considering Thomas' form and Matsuyama's form AND course history but the lineup feel stacked. Rahm just won but its a home game for him, same for Phil, Bubba has excellent course history, this feels like a place Reed should do well and Finau has been playing very well lately. Oosty has no track record at Scottsdale but a golfer of his pedigree at that price is a no brainer.

The other option would be scratching Finau, Reed and Rahm for Matsuyama, Kuchar and Hoffman?, Hahn?, Laird again?

orrr maybe stick with my original lineup, numbnuts. Sergio 7 under

if i wanted to throw my money away i would have picked Tiger. :lol:

Well my dubai lineup is shot. Should have stuck with my original picks (garcia, westwood) instead of trying to fit stenson in. At best I'll have 3 make the cut which will not cash and I'm probably in last place :D

Must be gearing up for the edex cup with my ###### picks this week.

its unreal.. WMO i put Finau in my lineup last night... +1 guy i replaced? Kuchar.... -5 :lol:

The other option would be scratching Finau, Reed and Rahm for Matsuyama (-6), Kuchar (-5) and Hoffman?, Hahn?, Laird again (-4)?

:doh:

When Martin Laird does well, hes not on my roster. When I roster him, He MDFs.

Pebble Beach Pro Am I cashed despite having Laird and Sean O'Hair finish Even par after 3 rounds and MDF by 1 shot. I was 44th at the time (top 200 cashing) and due to only having 4 guys on Sunday including Phil's atrocious back 9, nada from Justin Rose and Sneds limping to 4th, I barely cashed by like 9 points in 166th. Still, it pays the same as 1st :thumbsup:

this week at Riviera

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Justin Rose

Brendan Steele

JB Holmes

Jim Furyk

:dunno:

When Martin Laird does well, hes not on my roster. When I roster him, He MDFs.

Pebble Beach Pro Am I cashed despite having Laird and Sean O'Hair finish Even par after 3 rounds and MDF by 1 shot. I was 44th at the time (top 200 cashing) and due to only having 4 guys on Sunday including Phil's atrocious back 9, nada from Justin Rose and Sneds limping to 4th, I barely cashed by like 9 points in 166th. Still, it pays the same as 1st :thumbsup:

this week at Riviera

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Justin Rose

Brendan Steele

JB Holmes

Jim Furyk

I assume Bubba is too expensive. Adam Scott also plays well there.

this week at Riviera

One of my long standing favorite tour stops of the year - absolutely love this golf course... It would hard to not put it on my top 10 'Wish List" places to play.

I assume Bubba is too expensive. Adam Scott also plays well there.

DJ - 11,400

Scott - 10.300

Sergio - 9,300

Rose - 8,400

Bubba - 8,300

Bubba has great course history but hasn't been playing that well.

Bubba Watson: Hasn’t cracked the top 10 in a full-field, official PGA Tour event since winning here last year. That being said, he has won here twice in the last three years, so this is a good layout for him.

I think most of my roster has good track records at Riviera as well as good recent form. I will probably end up second guessing Rose vs. Bubba up until tee off. For reference

Holmes - 7,100

Steele - 7,100

Furyk - 6,700 (considering Hadwin but Furyk generally plays well here)

this week at Riviera

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Justin Rose

Brendan Steele

JB Holmes

Jim Furyk

Added a 2nd lineup that replaces Rose and Furyk with Mickelson and Keopka.

Mickelson concerns me playing so many events in a row but he's a birdie maker and that's what wins DFS golf as it takes 6 bogeys (or 3 doubles) just to offset 1 birdie. Phil made 20 birdies last week.

Sergio!

I don't think Brooks Keopka knows how to play golf anymore. D bag

Added a 2nd lineup that replaces Rose and Furyk with Mickelson and Keopka.

Mickelson concerns me playing so many events in a row but he's a birdie maker and that's what wins DFS golf as it takes 6 bogeys (or 3 doubles) just to offset 1 birdie. Phil made 20 birdies last week.

I think I remember reading that when he play 4 events in a row he has an amazing record in the 4th event.

My Rose-Furyk lineup is 24 of 459.

My Mickelson Keopka lineup is top 100 but Keopka missed the cut.

He was my only MC so I'm thinking both lineups will cash.

Hit both. I'll post some picks for Honda after out edex cup draft

Honda Classic

Adam Scott would be the top pick but is of course the most expensive. I'm also not big on Justin Thomas at his price. I like the combo of Louis Oosty and Russell knox at their prices which allows a stronger middle of the lineup.

Oosty - 9400

Knox - 9000

Berger - 8900

Hatton - 8500

Schneiderjans - 7600 (or Luke Donald)

Lahiri - 6600

I know I'm talking to myself like some GF nut job but whatever.

I had 6 of 6 make he cut in the European event so i will cash in that.

For the Honda, Berger and especially Knox the bed. Over half the field took Knox and less than 10% took Lahiri and Schneiderjans so there is a possibility that I can cash but usually having only 4 golfers make the cut is not a recipe for success. I'm 4th of 115 (top 50 cash) so well see of I can hang on

Honda was a loss. Broke even with my south Africa win.

This week in Mexico I've got 3 lineups going.

Dustin (x2)

HenriK (x2)

Scott

Z Johnson

Westwood

Haas (x3)

HolmES

Vegas

Oosthuizen

Weisberger

Steele

Woodland (x2)

Na

2 lineups are 50-50s and one is a tournament. Cheap 3 dollar buy in top quarter entries get paid and winner takes home a nice 30k

Like Zach Johnson this week. This course is tighter then a nun's coont

Yeah I might take.phil out even though birdie making wins DFS.

But this course is also in thin air. Should be pitch and putt for DJ

Hatton, Na, and Rose all should be decent prices this week.

ETA:

My plays,

Rose 100 @ 22-1

Hatton 50 @ 50-1

Na 50 @ 125-1

Okay dain. I'm rolling with your advice.

Took my Mickelson lineup and swapped him out for ZJ. Needed 100 more salary so I removed king louis from that lineup in favor of bernd wrisberger

One of my lineups is DJ and Henrik followed by all 7k or less guys in Haas, Westwood, Holmes and Vegas. WE shall see

Took my Mickelson lineup and swapped him out for ZJ. Needed 100 more salary so I removed king louis from that lineup in favor of bernd wrisberger

:thumbsup:

I like the switch to Weisberger as well, so you're prolly focked :D

Grrrrr

Grrrrr

ZJ and Weezburger have played 4 holes combined, patience grasshoppah