Sign in to follow this  
Torn

General Draft Discussion

Velazquez.... :( :(

Yeah, ...umm, ...brilliant pick. Unless you consider I could have kept him as a 25th rounder, ...13 rounds later. But that would have bumped Jake Lamb off my roster. Jake is my 27th round keeper. Now you see why I passed on Peraza and Kelvin Herrera--both were potential 21st round keepers.

FouLLine will be checking in soon..,

Yeah, ...umm, ...brilliant pick. Unless you consider I could have kept him as a 25th rounder, ...13 rounds later. But that would have bumped Jake Lamb off my roster. Jake is my 27th round keeper. Now you see why I passed on Peraza and Kelvin Herrera--both were potential 21st round keepers.

Keeping a closer at any value seems meh. Too fluid of a position

I got to say, kudos to torn and the group... The draft appears to be running a lot smoother with a different one in charge...

man, posty and whammys...

Keeping a closer at any value seems meh. Too fluid of a position

Hey, I resemble that remark! :( Actually, I agree most of the time. Hwan Oh seemed too good as an 18th round keeper though. First time I've ever even considered it in this league.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :( Actually, I agree most of the time. Hwan Oh seemed was too good as an 18th round keeper though. First time I've ever even considered it in this league.

heh. sometimes I speak my mind without fully explaining myself. I think keeping a closer can work if its a value AND you have no better options. But if you are lucky enough to have 5 or 6 potential keeper options, I would almost immediately throw out the closer. I mean, Hwan Oh in the 18th is certainly better than drafting Melancon in the 8th :lol: .

and keysar landing a gut punch

LOL -was just updating the thread for Round 11/12 and I see the post from JMU (at 1:13pm) saying that Tucker is in school and can't use his cell phone while he's there. Then....... I see Tucker post his two picks at 1:16pm and 1:17pm.

Mad ninja skills. :ninja:

ill pick these back to backers in a few. just got in the door

2nd pick coming in a few minutes. trying to talk myself into it :lol:

oh lord.... i did it :unsure:

LOL -was just updating the thread for Round 11/12 and I see the post from JMU (at 1:13pm) saying that Tucker is in school and can't use his cell phone while he's there. Then....... I see Tucker post his two picks at 1:16pm and 1:17pm.

Mad ninja skills. :ninja:

2nd pick coming in a few minutes. trying to talk myself into it :lol:

oh lord.... i did it :unsure:

Looks like the "back to the future" round so far... Felix, A-Gon, V-Mart and Brantley...

Looks like the "back to the future" round so far... Felix, A-Gon and Brantley...

ive been considering Felix since... round 10? Seeing Kiermaier go off the board a few picks after Brantley gives me instant regret. KK is my favorite Ray. Hope he has a great season and improves offensively. I felt like I had enough OF depth (Bryant, Bautista, Morales, Gomez) that I could roll the dice on Brantley and hope at the very least that he gets brought along slowly, the right way and can recapture his 2013-2015 form.... if that happens could make a nice keeper. :dunno:

Had no intention of going after Felix earlier, especially after the Harvey dice roll, but as he kept falling I couldn't resist taking a shot at a 3+ round discount off ADP.

p.s. Foul sent me a text - probably about 30 minutes til his pick.

Hi guys, I am in an all day meeting today and have to keep my focus while it's happening. It'll be tough for me to put serious eyeballs on this until late afternoon. I'll check in during lunch break, though. Apologies for any delays I cause with picks and with keeping threads and sheet up to date,

Seriously, his mad ninja skills making his old man look stupid.

I see that the no phone in school rule has been applied more strictly today - LOL. (p.s. Not meant as a complaint at all, just an amusing observation based on the above).

I see that the no phone in school rule has been applied more strictly today - LOL. (p.s. Not meant as a complaint at all, just an amusing observation based on the above).

Perhaps but I'm thinking lunch has not started for him yet. I may be wrong but don't think he starts lunch til 12:50 ET. I sent him a text to let him know he is OTC.

So I was wondering if I was going to miss this or not... I really am not missing it as much as I thought I would...

Yeah there are times that I wish I was drafting, but the withdrawal makes sense...

So I was wondering if I was going to miss this or not... I really am not missing it as much as I thought I would...

Yeah there are times that I wish I was drafting, but the withdrawal makes sense...

Geez, you make it sound like you (we?) need a support group. "Hello, my name is Torn and I'm a fantasy-holic" :mellow: ... "Hi, Torn!" :thumbsup: .... "I gave up my fantasy league this season, so far I'm doing really good, but part of me really misses it. There was that sleeper I would have taken in the 13th round, and I really wanted to yell that out to the group, but, but... :cry: then the urge settled and I began to realize I could make it through this." :clap: <the group claps>

I guess I'm not ready to fully acknowledge my problem yet. Hopefully, the habit won't kill me first. :)

• Like 1

At least only 2 on my board have fallen since my last pick.

Made it to the halfway point! Nice job everyone ... Keeping a great pace and EVERY manager has been involved in at least one trade already!

Nice job! It's amazing that we're only half way through and the player pool feels pretty thin already. Those final few rounds will involve some deeeep sleepers.

:thumbsup:

I don't even know what a gleyber is.

Sounds like a cleaning product

I don't even know what a gleyber is.

Sounds like a cleaning product

lol

Funny story I was talking to my girlfriends brother about baseball and how I thought The Cubs didn't really need to trade for Aroldis necessarily to win it and then I mentioned how they inspite of breaking the curse they may regret trading Gleyber Torres and he responds, "What does a Hispanic gay bar have to do with The Cubs being cursed?"

I was going to go that route initially

:sleep:

Sleep emoji indeed .... some one trade me up I'm itching to pick!! Or at least trade I'll be around the next few hours if anyone wants to send offers.

Sent text to Tucker for his 17 and 18

Nice pick on Heyward was hoping he'd fall to me just for the value even though my lineup is more than full already.

Also like Heyward pick at this stage - little to lose and something to possibly gain.

I pinged varga for 22.11 as well...

bah. should have grabbed Folty last round

Getting down to the prospects, injury prone, old guys and flyers...

Vizcaino and Judge were two prospects on my radar that went before I had a chance to grab either. Was pretty happy to get Bellinger, though. The Dodgers seem to be working to try and get him into the lineup somehow or another. Probably will still have to sit on him for a year though...