Sign in to follow this  
GuardBum

2017 Season Chat

Don't have access to FB at work but did have access to the forums. Just logged in to make my pick. Sorry about the delay.

Wasn't much of a delay at all, nice pick bytheway...

Wasn't much of a delay at all, nice pick bytheway...

Thanks, wasn't really sure where to go with that pick. Needed a decent bat, I think he will work out well.

Gio and Nelson were the other 2 pitchers I liked right after Ray. so im glad i traded up, though there might be 1 more guy i'd have been satisfied with

I somehow fear another long wait and I'll be away for awhile, in case I'm wrong (this happens from time to time) I'll have a list, anyone want it?

I somehow fear another long wait and I'll be away for awhile, in case I'm wrong (this happens from time to time) I'll have a list, anyone want it?

Dont even bother. It'll be quite awhile.

• Like 1

Gio and Nelson were the other 2 pitchers I liked right after Ray. so im glad i traded up, though there might be 1 more guy i'd have been satisfied with

Right with you. Although my team needs so much I could've gone a variety of ways and still not improved much. My SP is just underperforming as is all of the Toronto play so I've felt stuck all year.

Yeah don't worry about it ted. If it gets to you and you pick late tonight or in the morning... we're moving at least.

• Like 1

fullmer was SP #4 on my list. fully validating my trade :thumbsup:

fullmer was SP #4 on my list. fully validating my trade :thumbsup:

Surprised he lasted this long...

Once Ray was gone I was really between Fulmer and and Gonzalez. It came down to me thinking that Gio has a 3 game losing streak here at the end of the half and is still sub 3 ERA, just about 9K/IP. He could easily be 13-2 right now as well and certainly should get continued support from that Nats offense.

Once Ray was gone I was really between Fulmer and and Gonzalez. It came down to me thinking that Gio has a 3 game losing streak here at the end of the half and is still sub 3 ERA, just about 9K/IP. He could easily be 13-2 right now as well and certainly should get continued support from that Nats offense.

Yes the nats offense is what had gio as my number 2. Nelson is nice and the brewers are playing great but feels like over their head

In a league that doesn't penalize offensive strikeouts I think sano was an absolute steal for you there mookz...I think that trade worked out pretty well for you

Gimme about 45-1hr. I need to confirm which direction my brother wanted to go here and he's not answering

In a league that doesn't penalize offensive strikeouts I think sano was an absolute steal for you there mookz...I think that trade worked out pretty well for you

Agreed, considering I was considering taking him if I had kept the third pick! :D Now I slide Manny to short and wash my hands of the whole Hardy/Janish/Tejada trainwreck. Definitely a good trade on both ends. :thumbsup:

I WAS ready to pick Sano!! :mad:

F'n Mookz :mad:

I fully expect him to fall off a cliff in the second half. :(

I WAS ready to pick Sano!! :mad:

F'n Mookz :mad:

Guess I never had a shot. Love the flexibility of 1B 3B and OF.

you had a shot :P

That was the reason I wanted him :thumbsup:

Although Mungwater was a terrible owner (no offense to him as a person, he seems very nice) and the bar wasn't set very high, I have to give props to my bro for fleshing out his team after taking over. Simply being semi-active with a roster like the Cubs should give him the ability to make a playoff push but

1. I never knew Dan Straily played for the Cubs (and apparently the 'Stros as well :P ) Guy is having a solid year.

2. I did know Adam Warren was Cubs eligible

3. the guy no longer in the league can stop bellyaching with the addition of DJ Lameyhue

4. His outfield was pretty weak so grabbing Ozuna was solid

5. I don't generally like the idea of using supplemental picks on closers or relief pitchers of any kind but I suppose with only 1 closer on the team, Knebel made enough sense.

Any offers for 2.06 ???

Mookz you have PM

Any offers for 2.06 ???

You looking for a pick or for players.....or both?

Damnit BC. I really was hoping for Owings there. He was a lock pick for me with my issues at 2B. Then I was debating which direction to go if Harrison will be worth it. Hopefully he can get going again and make this pick worthwhile for me. Otherwise I'll wish I went another direction.

You looking for a pick or for players.....or both?

Got a player from Mookz. Was a last minute thing.

Damnit BC. I really was hoping for Owings there. He was a lock pick for me with my issues at 2B. Then I was debating which direction to go if Harrison will be worth it. Hopefully he can get going again and make this pick worthwhile for me. Otherwise I'll wish I went another direction.

Yeah we both had GAPING holes at 2B. Why the Angels signed Danny Espinosa is beyond me. I have no idea how that hack is still in the majors.

I was contemplating making an offer for the pick and severino was one of 2 I was considering

What happenned to Johnny giovatella? :dunno:

What happenned to Johnny giovatella? :dunno:

He's one of the Os' wonderful options at middle infield while Hardy is out. :D

Went with Cosart. I have a plethora of middle infielders. Willing to deal if anyone is needing someone.

2B: Matt Carpenter, Jedd Gyorko, Brian Dozier, Kolton Wong.

SS: Gyorko, Cosart, Paul Dejong.

I was contemplating making an offer for the pick and severino was one of 2 I was considering

If I'm ganking people, that actually makes me feel like I'm doing something right. :ninja:

Well, needed a bat as well as Starting & Relief pitching really. Got the bat with Lamb and a RP that can fill a SP slot as well in Iglesias, who will help with my K's/ERA/WHIP at least.

After Severino was gone I didn't really feel comfortable with any of the other starters that were left. Hopefully the rest of my SP can get me by for the rest of the season.

If I'm ganking people, that actually makes me feel like I'm doing something right. :ninja:

Paxton was the other and who I would have taken

Even funnier if I didn't make the deal Severino was the guy I would of taken if he was still available. Which he was.

:lol:

Mookz made out like a F'in bandit. Though I would have gone Paxton over Severino, to grab Sano, Severino, Taillon and Nova? excellent

Mookz made out like a F'in bandit. Though I would have gone Paxton over Severino, to grab Sano, Severino, Taillon and Nova? excellent

Thanks! I like Taillon and actually considered taking him over Severino at 2.06, but crossed my fingers that he would still be there six picks later instead. I'll also get Bumgarner and Chris Davis back soon. It's desperation time, had to try to revamp my team. The real-world Os pitching is horrendous, but this should give me just enough options to be able to mismanage my starters once again. :thumbsup:

Rivero was very nearly selected by the Cubs at 2.2

brief consideration was apparently given to Iglesias because of the SP eligibility but "the Reds suck too much, i'd rather grab a closer on a first place team" :dunno:

The All Snub Team

Jose Abreu

Ryan Zimmerman

Justin Bour

(i guess no one needs 1B)

Billy Hamilton

Avi Garcia

Khris Davis

Jose Urena

Michael Pineda (probably played himself out of a pick over the last month)

Jordan Montgomery

Sonny Gray (upside galore)

AJ Ramos

David Robertson