when I researched it I found they are doing block chain without currency, so whats the point?

The technology - various iterations of it - have utility far beyond simply currency.

Seems like the hype train ran it's course up till last month. Some dudes made hoooge pump and dump monies for sure. Wonder if it will recover or are regular folks freaked the fock out now with a 50% loss?

"HOLY SH!T I can LOSE money?!" :shocking:

Seems like the hype train ran it's course up till last month. Some dudes made hoooge pump and dump monies for sure. Wonder if it will recover or are regular folks freaked the fock out now with a 50% loss?

Yes the huge rush of December where every coin rose eleventy thousand percent is over. Now is the annual January dip and people have to weather more realistic gains and losses. That means buying at all time highs is risky and you might get stuck waiting for a rebound longer than anticipated. Overall expectations however remain extremely bullish, especially for,the actually useful coins with real product and application.

This is funny coming from a guy who figures in 11% gains on his 401k until he retires.

• Like 1

BLOK - up 48 cents today :doublethumbsup:

This is funny coming from a guy who figures in 11% gains on his 401k until he retires.

Please don’t get him started...

• Like 1

Dude.... is there no thread you won't try to derail with your childish attitude?

Dude.... is there no thread you won't try to derail with your childish attitude?

Why is that childish and his isn't? And your life appears to be really childish. Shhh

IOTA is enduring a whole lot of seemingly orchestrated FUD over some imbeciles who secured their seeds (CCgeek for wallet passwords) on sites online, and are trying to blame IOTA for it for not having a fully autonomous wallet with auto generating seeds.

DERP. May as well call the Nigerian Embassy and biatch about the Nigerian Prince you gave up your bank account password to.

Seems to me that market makers are screwing with CC markets to shove weaklings out of CCs they want to build positions in @ lower prices.

Why is that childish and his isn't? And your life appears to be really childish. Shhh

He doesn't go into every thread to be a childish cackhole

He doesn't go into every thread to be a childish cackhole

Neither do I. I just hit back.

Ok, I jumped out of Lend after this pump. I could have probably rode it more, but the coin was giving me anxiety big time! I wanted until I had almost 2 bitcoin and sold. Fvck it. Even if I miss a few more cents on the pump, I will sleep much better knowing I won't lose it again if Lend slumps

Ok, I jumped out of Lend after this pump. I could have probably rode it more, but the coin was giving me anxiety big time! I wanted until I had almost 2 bitcoin and sold. Fvck it. Even if I miss a few more cents on the pump, I will sleep much better knowing I won't lose it again if Lend slumps

it's only 19 cents? wasn't it like .46 at one point?

VeChain is propping up my portfolio almost all by itself.

Did I miss the conversation about this dip being attributed to Bitcoin Futures?

it's only 19 cents? wasn't it like .46 at one point?

.40 I believe. It could go more, but I don't see a ton of support for the coin itself. I just feel better keeping my money in bitcoin unless I see a great deal

Can litecoin just even try to move up:?

BLOK - up 48 cents today :doublethumbsup:

For those of you that don't care.

BLOK was mentioned earlier in this thread.,

It's traded on NASDAQ

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/01/19/amplify-transformational-data-sharing-etf-3-things.aspx

What you should know about this new blockchain ETF.

The Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF (NYSEMKT:BLOK) offers investors an easy way to get exposure to companies that should theoretically prosper with the rise of blockchain and the adoption of blockchain-related technology.
Before piling in the fund with your retirement money, though, one should take some time to explore how the fund works, what it costs, and what, exactly, it intends to invest in.
1. How it picks blockchain stocks
The Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF is different than most, given that it's actively managed by portfolio managers who will pick and choose which securities make their way into the portfolio. So, while it won't use a strict, rules-based method for picking stocks, it does have a few standards for which stocks are eligible to be included in the ETF, based on some simple parameters.
Generally speaking, the basic requirements are that U.S. stocks must have a market cap of at least $75 million, while foreign stocks must have a market cap of at least $100 million. It also requires stocks to meet minimum liquidity requirements, with average daily trading volume of at least $250,000 over the prior six months.
The portfolio managers intend to divvy up the portfolio between "core" and "secondary" holdings, which made up 70% and 30%, respectively, of the portfolio at launch. Its "core" holdings must generate significant revenue or have a significant invested interest in "transformational data sharing-engaged companies."
On the other hand, so-called "secondary" holdings can include companies that invest or partner in such technologies, including companies that participate "in multiple blockchain industry consortiums."
To me, it sounds like a mouthful of jargon, but it appears to be written to give the managers a lot of leeway to choose stocks for the portfolio.
2. Its expense ratio
Typically, ETFs that track companies involved in certain themes or sectors are costlier than ETFs that track simple, well-known market indexes. This fund is also actively managed, which adds to its expenses that are passed on to investors.
The Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF will carry an expense ratio of 0.90% per year, though it will temporarily waive 0.20 percentage points of the annual fee until Jan. 16, 2019.
I'd call it an expense ratio of 0.70% per year, given that ETF issuers have generally spent more time slashing fees than increasing them, but it's important to point out that this fund is only temporarily priced at 0.70% per year. It could elect to eliminate the fee waiver at a later time.
Realistically, the fee is pretty low for an actively managed fund, yet high enough that it affords some latitude for the ETF manager to pay for distribution by getting it listed on retail brokers' commission-free ETF lists. After the fee waiver, it's only slightly more expensive (2 basis points after the fee waiver) than another blockchain ETF, Reality Shares Nasdaq NexGen Economy ETF (NASDAQ:BLCN).
3. Stocks it owns
Because it is an actively managed ETF, the Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF's holdings and their weightings may change more frequently than if it were a simple index ETF, but it discloses its holdings at the end of each trading day. The 10-largest holdings are detailed in the table below. Note the concentration in software and technology stocks.
One thing that sets this ETF apart from Reality Shares' blockchain index ETF is just how concentrated it is. Amplify's ETF has about 47% of its assets in its top 10 holdings, whereas Reality Shares has just 22% of its assets in its 10-largest positions.
I'd also argue that the Amplify ETF is also much more focused on true "blockchain" stocks, though it's far from perfect. (Seriously, how much can Citigroup's earnings really grow because of blockchain? I'd guess not very much, unless you count people who are buying bitcoin on Citi credit cards.)
A good way to bet on blockchain?
There are things I like and dislike about the Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF. As for dislikes, I'm generally not a fan of actively managed ETFs, since they tend to be a little less transparent and costlier than index-based ETFs. That said, in a "Wild West" industry, it can make sense to pay up for active managers who can carefully navigate between blockchain shams and legitimate blockchain bets.
I can see where this fund may be able to generate excess returns by making opportunistic investments in certain smaller operators. Because some of the smaller blockchain companies frequently raise cash with stock and warrant issuance, the Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF may be able to take part in deals that are off the table for ETFs that merely track an index.
Based on its major holdings at the time of writing, I think this ETF is more exposed to traditional technology stocks than blockchain and cryptocurrencies, but for those who want to speculate on the emerging technology, one could do worse than making a small wager on the Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF.

Seems to me that market makers are screwing with CC markets to shove weaklings out of CCs they want to build positions in @ lower prices.

Thats what the penny message boards I used to read always said when prices were low.

"MM's just screwing with us"

• Like 1

Bitcoin's overall market value is so tiny that a total collapse wouldn't cause major harm to the economy or financial system anyway.

Thats what the penny message boards I used to read always said when prices were low.

"MM's just screwing with us"

There was that as well. Do you not think that shallowly traded stocks/new and relatively unregulated exchanges can not be manipulated?

Why don't you tell me what a market maker is, tubby.

There was that as well. Do you not think that shallowly traded stocks/new and relatively unregulated exchanges can not be manipulated?

Why don't you tell me what a market maker is, tubby.

I only know what a market maker is...because I googled it 15 years ago when I visited penny message boards. Same with you. That's how you know. You googled it.

And of course 'shallowly traded" things can be manipulated.

I just think that statement "Market Makers are just holding it back" is a very general run of the mill statement made keep confidence up in a stock, currency or whatever it is you are trading. No one can prove at the time they make the statement that a low price is merely "Market makers holding it back" , etc.

I only know what a market maker is...because I googled it 15 years ago when I visited penny message boards. Same with you. That's how you know. You googled it.

Actually, I didn't, and you have immediately gone into full defense mode after I made a comment I didn't ask you to even read. I'm asking you to describe the market makers in the crypto-currency market.

Can you?

And of course 'shallowly traded" things can be manipulated.

And that's what Pink Sheets are, so you saying that you 'heard that' doesn't add anything here, does it?

\I just think that statement "Market Makers are just holding it back" is a very general run of the mill statement made keep confidence up in a stock, currency or whatever it is you are trading.

No one can prove at the time they make the statement that a low price is merely "Market makers holding it back" , etc.

I am reacting to what is an obvious attempt to manipulate CC markets. If you really need to read a bit on exactly how that was done to press BTC down 50%, and thus create a major wave in CC's in general, read up:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-fear-of-market-manipulation/

I didn't make the statement with the intent to have it proven. I made a statement of my personal opinion, and I don't need you ankle-biting. Just like we're going far out of our way to tolerate your antagonism in this thread - particularly since you haven't invested in anything about which this thread discusses - I expect you to get the fock out of my jock on stupid topics about which you clearly know little. If you want to start a thread about oil stocks, do so. If you don't have anything constructive to say in this thread, expect your presence here to be met with increasing degrees of impatience.

I just think that statement "Market Makers are just holding it back" is a very general run of the mill statement made keep confidence up in a stock

Yes. And to reassure themselves.

Just MMs shaking out the loose hands

Yes. And to reassure themselves.

Just MMs shaking out the loose hands

Since I'm the one who mentioned market makers - and then provided a link which described real market manipulation - I'll assume that you're choosing to address me, without actually trying to directly address me. So I'll respond.

Who needs reassurance here? Me? Or you, or tubby, or someone else, perhaps suffering from FOMO? To be unable to acknowledge the power and ability of market makers to twist markets such as CCs is a form of sticking your head in the sand. It's very obvious how - and why - markets in which a tremendous amount of uneducated money is pouring.

I invest based upon belief of a company's underlying technology. If I reacted based upon stock price without considering the underlying premise of the BOD; the tech; the partnership; the surrounding bits and hints of what is going on, I wouldn't be investing correctly. Since I have no intention of selling my long-term holds (and guessed correctly with ETH, as you can see a couple of pages back), what MMs do short term is of no consequence to me. My faith and gut in what I've placed my investment hasn't diminished; it's increased. I've used the occasional drops in price to dollar cost average down, and to increase my position in accordance with my belief in the investment.

That does not mean that I cannot also simultaneously comment on what I consider pretty obvious market manipulation.

But if you want to take issue with the statement, please tell us that you see no manipulation at all, and we'll allow your statement to stand on merit, or be dismissed.

Is he counting his company's match as return?

Cindicator, CND on Binance. It has a very promising future in predicting prices in crypto and traditional trading platforms. I missed buying at .24 . I bought 10k at .26 . Basically the more coins you hold, the better the info you are privy to. It's a sub 400m market cap as of now. Within the last two days the high sat around .34 .

Since I'm the one who mentioned market makers - and then provided a link which described real market manipulation - I'll assume that you're choosing to address me, without actually trying to directly address me. So I'll respond.

Who needs reassurance here? Me? Or you, or tubby, or someone else, perhaps suffering from FOMO? To be unable to acknowledge the power and ability of market makers to twist markets such as CCs is a form of sticking your head in the sand. It's very obvious how - and why - markets in which a tremendous amount of uneducated money is pouring.

I invest based upon belief of a company's underlying technology. If I reacted based upon stock price without considering the underlying premise of the BOD; the tech; the partnership; the surrounding bits and hints of what is going on, I wouldn't be investing correctly. Since I have no intention of selling my long-term holds (and guessed correctly with ETH, as you can see a couple of pages back), what MMs do short term is of no consequence to me. My faith and gut in what I've placed my investment hasn't diminished; it's increased. I've used the occasional drops in price to dollar cost average down, and to increase my position in accordance with my belief in the investment.

That does not mean that I cannot also simultaneously comment on what I consider pretty obvious market manipulation.

But if you want to take issue with the statement, please tell us that you see no manipulation at all, and we'll allow your statement to stand on merit, or be dismissed.

I stopped after the part where you said you assumed i was addressing you. I was not. I was quoting and agreeing with tubby. I get that you're highly narcissistic but it ain't always about you, bud.

I was also making just a general statement about the stock market and hownsome people DO IN FACT use MMs as an excuse when a stock is going down, especially penny socks (which tubby mentioned). MMs certainly can and do manipulate the market but sometimes its an easy excuse for people on a sinking pump and dump ship.

Had nothing to do with CCs at all. Just in case that was addressed in your rediculous long post I'm not going to read

:D

I stopped after the part where you said you assumed i was addressing you. I was not. I was quoting and agreeing with tubby. I get that you're highly narcissistic but it ain't always about you, bud.

I was also making just a general statement about the stock market and hownsome people DO IN FACT use MMs as an excuse when a stock is going down, especially penny socks (which tubby mentioned). MMs certainly can and do manipulate the market but sometimes its an easy excuse for people on a sinking pump and dump ship.

Had nothing to do with CCs at all. Just in case that was addressed in your rediculous long post I'm not going to read

Cindicatorrrrrrrrr!!!!

If you were agreeing with tubby, then you were addressing me, 'bud'. And I get that you're highly condescending, but I get to respond to consistent attempts to bait and troll people in this thread, including you.

Since this thread is about CCs - and not about the stock market - one would assume that you're addressing the content of this thread unless you make very clear in your post that you are addressing something else.

You didn't do that. That's your fault; no one else's. If you don't want people to misinterpret your posts, make your posts clear enough to avoid misinterpretation.