FYI also..

https://www.coindesk.com/the-first-blockchain-etfs-have-launched-on-the-nasdaq-exchange/

Reality Shares Advisors and Amplify Trust ETF launched the first blockchain-based exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on Nasdaq today.

Both funds went live on Nasdaq's exchange at 9:30 a.m. EST. Reality Shares' Nasdaq NextGen Economy ETF (BLCN) opened at $24.20, while Amplify's Transformational Data Sharing ETF (BLOK) started closer to $20.

Both ETFs will exclusively invest in blockchain-based companies, according to a previous CoinDesk article. When the prospectuses were first filed in November 2017, the companies noted that investing in blockchain startups could be risky, as there are few regulations on the technology and companies may not necessarily turn a profit.

However, the prospectuses also noted that the funds would only invest in companies with a market capitalization of greater than $200 million and which had a six-month daily trading average of at least $1 million.

Reality Shares has developed an index with Nasdaq to track blockchain startups which the ETF will utilize, said Kian Salehizadeh, an analyst with Reality Shares. Nasdaq's blockchain research team forms part of the index's contributors. The index is further supported by an algorithm developed by Reality Shares.

Salehizadeh continued:

"We wanted to do a blockchain technology-related ETF, so not another bitcoin fund but something that takes advantage of the underlying ecosystem. So we developed a methodology in-house which measures seven quantitative factors and we run those factors on a universe of publicly traded [data]."

He further told CoinDesk that the company's ETF originally contained the word "blockchain" in its name, but the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had his company remove the term.

While the SEC has not formally issued an approval of the ETFs, the lack of a formal disapproval means the ETFs were automatically approved under current law, Salehizadeh explained. At present, the SEC has 75 days to issue a disapproval or objection to an ETF filing. If no such disapproval or objection is stated, the funds can be listed.

Companies have previously filed for blockchain-based ETFs, but none had made it as far as listing prior to Reality Shares and Amplify Trust. Most recently, Horizons ETFs Management filed for a blockchain ETF in November.

Amplify Trust ETF had not responded to a request for comment at press time.

Reality Shares Advisors

I knew it!

Are you guys setting stop loss orders up on your altcoins? If not, I would. Unless you can monitor them 24/7. When they crash it only takes a few hours. Or the other alternative which is what I am doing, is staying away from them entirely.

Are you guys setting stop loss orders up on your altcoins? If not, I would. Unless you can monitor them 24/7. When they crash it only takes a few hours. Or the other alternative which is what I am doing, is staying away from them entirely.

I took a closer look at all the alt coins I had yesterday and did a little math.

On the whole, theyve fallen at close to the same rate as bitcoin this week. So I traded them all for bitcoin and am now again holding only BTC, ETH and LTC.

They'll have to wait it out, they'll be fine. Or they will panic and sell.

This is why I don't think you have a lot of experience at trading.

Those are NOT the only two options.

If they were, trading would be easy. And that's what so many people (so it seems) are implying.

This is why I don't think you have a lot of experience at trading.

Those are NOT the only two options.

If they were, trading would be easy. And that's what so many people (so it seems) are implying.

We ain't talking about me, we're talking about people who dropped a few k on Bitcoin in the middle an obvious dip.

HTH

They'll probably be even by Friday.

:dunno:

I got a hot tip (google) and I bought a couple hundred shares of Callaway Golf Yesterday ELY

up fitty cents today.

when eth went to 601? and its 873 now?

Maybe we were talking about different crashes

Just weeks ago I thought the low was 900s and it as just a day or so

Cryptos are on the rise again. :music_guitarred:

it's just some loser on a laptop trolling everyone

We ain't talking about me, we're talking about people who dropped a few k on Bitcoin in the middle an obvious dip.

HTH

They'll probably be even by Friday.

I've played stocks since like 2001. So they go down, you "wait" ...they might go down more. So if they do...you "be patient"...and then they go down more...then....they never come back up. That is one scenario.

So as I keep yakking...."Its a buying opportunity" (I'm being sarcastic when I say it)....it might be. Or it's an opportunity to lose more money.

That's all I was getting at. I've seen it. Sat right in the middle of it. Been a part of it.

I've done it with oil stocks...and my opinion was ...."no way is the price of oil staying at $35...." and I bought more. It went back up, luckily. I just had a much stronger sense that it wasn't going to "stay low" or "go lower" than I do with cryptos.

I got a hot tip (google) and I bought a couple hundred shares of Callaway Golf Yesterday ELY

up fitty cents today.

I got a strongly suggestive tip on Medreleaf (MEDFF) a while back...when it was at $14. I said "Meh...". I saw it go to $24. I thought...boy...I'm a tard. I saw it fall last Thursday or Friday to $16. I ended up getting in, 1000 shares at $17.50 (Ameritrade). Its at 19.50 today. I have no exit strategy yet. Probably wait for my tipster to tell me to sell.

I'm anti-marijuana for the most part, but I'm pro-money.

I should sell and move on. $2000 in a few days...buuuut...(and here is what focks people).....I would hate to miss out on it going to $24....$40...etc.

So I wait...and if it falls to $16.....Hmmm....its back to what I said above. Waiting. Patience. Might hurt. Might help. Won't know til after the fact. No different with cryptos. I just have more confidence in marijuana or oil...as there is a product and a for-profit company behind what I am investing in.

I got a strongly suggestive tip on Medreleaf (MEDFF) a while back...when it was at $14. I said "Meh...". I saw it go to $24. I thought...boy...I'm a tard. I saw it fall last Thursday or Friday to $16. I ended up getting in, 1000 shares at $17.50 (Ameritrade). Its at 19.50 today. I have no exit strategy yet. Probably wait for my tipster to tell me to sell.

I'm anti-marijuana for the most part, but I'm pro-money.

I should sell and move on. $2000 in a few days...buuuut...(and here is what focks people).....I would hate to miss out on it going to $24....$40...etc.

So I wait...and if it falls to $16.....Hmmm....its back to what I said above. Waiting. Patience. Might hurt. Might help. Won't know til after the fact.

I'm very new to this whole thing, honestly.

I was expecting to buy stuff and watch it turn into Amazon

I'm very new to this whole thing, honestly.

I was expecting to buy stuff and watch it turn into Amazon

When you look at stocks...and you start looking at the history...your eyes and brain will focus on the absolute low and the absolute high. Get away from that.

Its not likely you'd buy Bitcoin at $100 (I don't know the low...just a made up number) and sell at $19,000 (high).

Your goal should be to buy "at a low price" and sell "at a higher price"

And have an exit strategy and stick to it. No exit strategy.....can = this. (Happened to me)

Bought stock at $3.80. Watched it go to $17. Held. Thinking...."Jeez...its gonna go to $20....$30....$40....sky is the limit!"

It fell to 14...I assumed...(cuz I watched it bounce up and down between 15 and 17 regularly.

I worried that if I sold...It would shoot up past 17...and I'd be left with regret.

So I held...slipped some more.

Then more...etc...

Ended up selling at like $4.20.

It was tough for me to sell at 14, when it was on its way down, as I had already did the math on my profits at 17. And by god...I was hell bent on getting back there at least.

And held to long...

So....have an exit strategy.

Cryptos are on the rise again. :music_guitarred:

Yup. I couldn't keep my eyes on the chart and missed my chance to add ethereum back at 770ish.

I've played stocks since like 2001. So they go down, you "wait" ...they might go down more. So if they do...you "be patient"...and then they go down more...then....they never come back up. That is one scenario.

So as I keep yakking...."Its a buying opportunity" (I'm being sarcastic when I say it)....it might be. Or it's an opportunity to lose more money.

That's all I was getting at. I've seen it. Sat right in the middle of it. Been a part of it.

I've done it with oil stocks...and my opinion was ...."no way is the price of oil staying at $35...." and I bought more. It went back up, luckily. I just had a much stronger sense that it wasn't going to "stay low" or "go lower" than I do with cryptos.

Yea, great, I get all that.

I understood your sarcasm every time you posted it..

Not sure what you are looking for here but, your hypothetical friend just made money if they held..

Or this afternoon..

What we all need to do.

let this thread alone and check back in 3 months

Yea, great, I get all that.

I understood your sarcasm every time you posted it..

Not sure what you are looking for here but, your hypothetical friend just made money if they held..

He thinks we all didn't see his sarcasm...

He thinks we all didn't see his sarcasm...

Yea, cringeworthy, he thought he needed to actually explain it..

:doh:

Alts aren't going away. Some of the real shlt ones will eventually, but for now the market seems big enough to support them

Well I moved most of my Lend holding into more stable, safer coins. I wont get the same return, but it won't be such a wild ride

I really debated converting all my currency back to Lend when it was .10 . It would have increased my holdings by 20k coins. I didn't. Oh well. I still have some in, just a lot lot less

I really debated converting all my currency back to Lend when it was .10 . It would have increased my holdings by 20k coins. I didn't. Oh well. I still have some in, just a lot lot less

I've got 1200 of them for sh!ts and giggles, kind of fun to watch it :lol: .

But, yea, you had a nice chunk of change in it. Best to play it a bit safer.

Well I moved most of my Lend holding into more stable, safer coins. I wont get the same return, but it won't be such a wild ride

To me, one of the signs of the best altcoins is their ability to bounce back hard off lows. LEND just proved that to me.

I'm HODLing.

To me, one of the signs of the best altcoins is their ability to bounce back hard off lows. LEND just proved that to me.

I'm HODLing.

HODL THE DOOR!!

Alts aren't going away. Some of the real shlt ones will eventually, but for now the market seems big enough to support them

I dont think they are either I just know a lot of people are investing without reading the white paper therefore most cant answer the question is BTC, ETH or any other major already does that. If it does, that Altcoin is going to have trouble eventually.

You should try something that I use to do on Polo and I will probably start doing again.. move some coin into your lending account on Polo if you have one (probably around 10-12k of BTC of ETH. You can lending your coins for about 0.2-0.002 (the percent changes constantly) percent to people who are Margin trading. You can make 200+ daily doing absolutely nothing. The only risk you take is if you are loaned the coins and the market crashes as long as X person has his margin order up you can sell them.

You should try something that I use to do on Polo and I will probably start doing again.. move some coin into your lending account on Polo if you have one (probably around 10-12k of BTC of ETH. You can lending your coins for about 0.2-0.002 (the percent changes constantly) percent to people who are Margin trading. You can make 200+ daily doing absolutely nothing. The only risk you take is if you are loaned the coins and the market crashes as long as X person has his margin order up you can sell them.

Ugh

And you can't sell before the big crash either as you loaned your coins out. Focking dumb.

Ugh

And you can't sell before the big crash either as you loaned your coins out. Focking dumb.

Its worked out for me everytime and I would never loaned my out more than 24 hours (I would leave it on auto renew). I also dont believe BTC or ETH will have this big crash I think the market overall will because all of the Altcoins but Bitcoin and Ethereum continues to grow.

Some people are just riskier than you. When it comes to cryptos you actually should have been more risky.

Its worked out for me everytime and I would never loaned my out more than 24 hours (I would leave it on auto renew). I also dont believe BTC or ETH will have this big crash I think the market overall will because all of the Altcoins but Bitcoin and Ethereum continues to grow.

Some people are just riskier than you. When it comes to cryptos you actually should have been more risky.

A lot of truth. A lot can happen in 24 hours tho.

I am currently day trading. When my coin grows by a nice margin, I buy tether to hold my gains. Then wait for a correction and buy again. sticking to ETH and Ripple. Working well so far.

A lot of truth. A lot can happen in 24 hours tho.

It can. But either way over the course of 24 hours I am still making that 0.02% of Bitcoin whether is crashes against USD or not.

I am currently day trading. When my coin grows by a nice margin, I buy tether to hold my gains. Then wait for a correction and buy again. sticking to ETH and Ripple. Working well so far.

Hmm that sounds like a nice strategy. I am leveraging lend to Btc. I just started today. I use 50% of my available bitcoin to buy Lend once the price of Lend is down compared to Btc. I am just looking at how much Lend I can get with a max purchase. Once it gets to a certain point, I buy. Then when the margin narrows, Lend becomes more valuable compared to bitcoin, I sell. It's a really easy way to track it. Neither will shlt the bed. If one goes way up, cool.

Bitcoin in 2015:

Low: $152 on Januari 14, 2015

Year close: $431

Bitcoin in 2016:

Low: $352 on Januari 16, 2016

Year close: $966

Bitcoin in 2017:

Low: $751 on Januari 12, 2017

Year close: $13880

Bitcoin in 2018 (so far):

Low: $9035 on Januari 16, 2018

Year close: ???

Pretty well know knowledge amongst crypto “old timers”. Add in the huge run up to ath and need for correction and you have the “crash”. Don’t be surprised if you see it test the lows again.

90’s hope you are doing well and enjoying some profits. Don’t let the geek club negativity get you down, the dream is still alive.

Tantastic, hope your insufferable ass finally got into coinbase . Imagine if you weren’t such a jerk. You might have had the above information in December. Might have been helpful ya think.

Peace out, no need to respond really could care less, hope you all get rich (except tantastic of course). And remember this next January!

3-2-1 alias talk can start now lmfao