Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Global Warm, er, Climate Chan, er, SCIENCE = WRONG!

The earth is 3 billion years old and you are working on 130 years worth of data most of which is not accurate by todays standards.

$1.5 Trillion A Year To Reduce Global Warming By 0.048°C by the end of the century.

Why is this a solution?

Why are the MMGW freaks pushing for this so called solution?

they flying spaghetti monster mmgw cult members will never ever even attempt to answer these questions.

I have always felt that you try to first stop making things worse before you find a solution. I don't know that your numbers are for a solution or a proposal. Either way, to throw up your hands and do nothing seems pretty dumb.

To spend tens of trillions of dollars to lower the temp less than 1/2 a degree just to say you are doing something is even dumber.

I would rather see that money go into cold fusion

they flying spaghetti monster mmgw cult members will never ever even attempt to answer these questions.

see

The earth isnt getting warmer! I mean, it is but it has nothing to do with manmade causes! I mean, it does have manmade causes, but who says global warming is a bad thing?

You guys got all the bases covered. :D

The earth is getting warmer. Sometimes, it will get colder, sometimes, it will get warmer, sometimes we will have really strong storms, sometimes there will be no storms, most of the time, we have no focking idea, but it's getting warmer. They've got all the bases covered. :D

Oh, and can we please get them some more money to continue their great research?

• Like 2

Great video

I really appreciate your effort. The video lost me from the get-go: identifying proponents of anthropogenic climate change as government scientists and the media immediately reveals his bias - implying no one outside those vilified groups supports the concept. I don't know how sound his scientific explanations are, but he isn't a climatologist; he's an electrical engineer. So why should I believe him?

I don't like pop science websites, mainly because its far too easy to fool lay people with esoteric gobbledygook. But there are plenty out there refuting what Dr. Evans has to say: https://skepticalscience.com/david-evans-understanding-goes-cold.html

ok Pen you got me, I give up, lets throw trillions at this science so they can do nothing with it

I’m not trying to “get” you. You can disagree with spending the money. You can contend some elements of the science are unsettled (again, the nature of science). Just don’t ask me to believe it’s all a conspiratorial money grab based on rhetoric from non-climatologists. Especially when there are plenty of other reasons to wean ourselves from petrochemicals.

I know you’re big into “alternative” news sources, but I’ll err in trusting climatologists when discussing climate. Just like I’d trust a doctor to prescribe medicine, not an electrical engineer, journalist, geologist, etc. This doesn’t mean they’re immune to bias or outside influence. But if that is your standard, you’ll never trust anyone.

I’m not trying to “get” you. You can disagree with spending the money. You can contend some elements of the science are unsettled (again, the nature of science). Just don’t ask me to believe it’s all a conspiratorial money grab based on rhetoric from non-climatologists. Especially when there are plenty of other reasons to wean ourselves from petrochemicals.

I know you’re big into “alternative” news sources, but I’ll err in trusting climatologists when discussing climate. Just like I’d trust a doctor to prescribe medicine, not an electrical engineer, journalist, geologist, etc. This doesn’t mean they’re immune to bias or outside influence. But if that is your standard, you’ll never trust anyone.

Take away the money and nobody gives a ###### about global warming/climate change.

If libs and "environmentalists" actually cared about the environment they would take daily actions to conserve and protect it. All they do is screech and point the finger. That is much easier than personal responsibility.

"Global warming" is nothing more than a made up political slogan to fear monger people into submission. Submission of their freedom and their money.

Penultimate, you sound like you care about the environment.

What are you doing on a daily basis personally and for your community?

Funny you mention geology. You should google "geology climate change" sometime. It will blow your ###### mind.

Here is a good one to start with: http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2014/07/11/what-geology-has-to-say-about-global-warming/

Take away the money and nobody gives a ###### about global warming/climate change.

If libs and "environmentalists" actually cared about the environment they would take daily actions to conserve and protect it. All they do is screech and point the finger. That is much easier than personal responsibility.

"Global warming" is nothing more than a made up political slogan to fear monger people into submission. Submission of their freedom and their money.

Penultimate, you sound like you care about the environment.

What are you doing on a daily basis personally and for your community?

Funny you mention geology. You should google "geology climate change" sometime. It will blow your ###### mind.

Here is a good one to start with: http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2014/07/11/what-geology-has-to-say-about-global-warming/

If the consequences are as dire as some predictions, "libs" ain't gonna solve the problem themselves. It will require buy-in from all industrialized countries, especially the US, China and India. We can't control the latter two, but can set an example for the rest of the world.

I already answered your other question. I am a commuter cyclist. I don't eat meat. I don't have kids. I recycle. I have a photovoltaic array that pumps excess energy into the grid. While I'm sure you can find ways my carbon footprint isn't ideal (I travel a good bit), I'm trying to do my part. It's like a three hundred pounder going on a diet - they may not ever make it to their ideal weight, but every little bit helps.

And I realize geologists have some knowledge of climate, but that still doesn't make them the experts. Care to link a preeminent climatologist who disputes anthropogenic climate change?

If the consequences are as dire as some predictions, "libs" ain't gonna solve the problem themselves. It will require buy-in from all industrialized countries, especially the US, China and India. We can't control the latter two, but can set an example for the rest of the world.

I already answered your other question. I am a commuter cyclist. I don't eat meat. I don't have kids. I recycle. I have a photovoltaic array that pumps excess energy into the grid. While I'm sure you can find ways my carbon footprint isn't ideal (I travel a good bit), I'm trying to do my part. It's like a three hundred pounder going on a diet - they may not ever make it to their ideal weight, but every little bit helps.

And I realize geologists have some knowledge of climate, but that still doesn't make them the experts. Care to link a preeminent climatologist who disputes anthropogenic climate change?

How much does one of these photovaltaic arrays cost?

How much does one of these photovaltaic arrays cost?

I bought mine a decade ago, and it was a little over 20 grand. I think they’re quite a bit cheaper now, though the tax incentives are less.

Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time

A new study by a “group of mean reactionary science purists” at the Journal Nature Climate Change took a look at 117 of the Left’s wild claims. Its results are devastating for Gore and the Left. They show that 114, or 97.4%, of them were wrong. They weren’t just a little “ooops, I hit the wrong number on my computer – wrong but wrong by a you – don’t – know what – in- the – world – you’re –are talking – about” wrong. The average “mistake” was an overstatement of global warming by double actual reality

https://www.westernjournal.com/global-warming-predictions-proven-wrong-97-4-time/

Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time

A new study by a “group of mean reactionary science purists” at the Journal Nature Climate Change took a look at 117 of the Left’s wild claims. Its results are devastating for Gore and the Left. They show that 114, or 97.4%, of them were wrong. They weren’t just a little “ooops, I hit the wrong number on my computer – wrong but wrong by a you – don’t – know what – in- the – world – you’re –are talking – about” wrong. The average “mistake” was an overstatement of global warming by double actual reality

https://www.westernjournal.com/global-warming-predictions-proven-wrong-97-4-time/

I'll give you credit, as the author is at least a legitimate climate scientist, and the journal is legit as well. I'd like to look at the actual study, but I can't find it on the interwebs (I searched for John Christy, the author, on the journal's site and nothing came up https://www.nature.com/search?author=John%20Christy&journal=nclimate&order=date_desc :huh: ). I wonder how he picked which claims/models to scrutinize, for example? Also I'm confused how many models he actually examined:

“I looked at 73 climate models going back to 1979 and every single one predicted more warming than happened in the real world.” – John Christy, professor at the University of Alabama Huntsville.

I bought mine a decade ago, and it was a little over 20 grand. I think they’re quite a bit cheaper now, though the tax incentives are less.

That's great and I'm glad you're doing your part (what you can) to help towards protecting the environment. Do you think everyone can afford a photovoltaic array, though?

As a conservative, I am all for protecting the environment and recycling what we can and cutting energy consumption down. I certainly think we could do a lot more. However, the only issue I have with the global warming crowd is that oppressive tax burden (national effort) and hamstringing of the United States (worldwide effort) that they want to enforce on us while everyone else in the world gets a pass. I am not for burdening families that can't afford it.

That's great and I'm glad you're doing your part (what you can) to help towards protecting the environment. Do you think everyone can afford a photovoltaic array, though?

As a conservative, I am all for protecting the environment and recycling what we can and cutting energy consumption down. I certainly think we could do a lot more. However, the only issue I have with the global warming crowd is that oppressive tax burden (national effort) and hamstringing of the United States (worldwide effort) that they want to enforce on us while everyone else in the world gets a pass. I am not for burdening families that can't afford it.

Not everyone, but the average price of a new car is over 30 grand. So I bet quite a few can. But there are much cheaper ways to make an environmental impact - eating less meat is something everyone can do, which will benefit their health as well. Same goes for exercise/driving less.

I said it above: the US should lead by example. We can't (and shouldn't) police the world.

I'll give you credit, as the author is at least a legitimate climate scientist, and the journal is legit as well. I'd like to look at the actual study, but I can't find it on the interwebs (I searched for John Christy, the author, on the journal's site and nothing came up https://www.nature.com/search?author=John Christy&journal=nclimate&order=date_desc :huh: ). I wonder how he picked which claims/models to scrutinize, for example? Also I'm confused how many models he actually examined:

They were preaching global cooling in the 70s and these models blew that theory out of the water.

The scientists of the 70s predicted most if not all of the human race would be eliminated by now.

Not everyone, but the average price of a new car is over 30 grand. So I bet quite a few can. But there are much cheaper ways to make an environmental impact - eating less meat is something everyone can do, which will benefit their health as well. Same goes for exercise.

I said it above: the US should lead by example. We can't (and shouldn't) police the world.

So there goes my plans of going on a keto diet.

:angry:

:wave:

:angry:

I know EEs are smart and all, but that doesn’t make them knowledgeable on every topic. Doctors, on the other hand...

:wave:

Our kids went to school with the kids of a surgeon whose last name is the same as mine except without the first letter, but his first initial is that missing letter. So his gmail is basically <my last name>@gmail.com.

Anyway, one of the other mom's at the school had this exchange with my wife:

Other Mom: hey, your husband operated on me!

Wife: Gawd I sure hope not. :unsure:

:D

Our kids went to school with the kids of a surgeon whose last name is the same as mine except without the first letter, but his first initial is that missing letter. So his gmail is basically <my last name>@gmail.com.

Anyway, one of the other mom's at the school had this exchange with my wife:

Other Mom: hey, your husband operated on me!

Wife: Gawd I sure hope not. :unsure:

:D

:lol:

Wife: What exactly do you mean by operated?

:lol:

Wife: What exactly do you mean by operated?

Beef injection could be considered 'operating' I suppose...:dunno:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Glacier National Park quietly removed a visitor center sign saying its iconic glaciers will disappear by 2020 due to climate change.

NPS updated signs at the St. Mary Visitor Center glacier exhibit over the winter. Sign changes meant the display warning glaciers would all disappear by 2020 now says: “When they completely disappear, however, will depend on how and when we act.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/07/national-park-glacier-warnings/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Glacier National Park quietly removed a visitor center sign saying its iconic glaciers will disappear by 2020 due to climate change.

NPS updated signs at the St. Mary Visitor Center glacier exhibit over the winter. Sign changes meant the display warning glaciers would all disappear by 2020 now says: “When they completely disappear, however, will depend on how and when we act.”

It's junk science.

Does the climate change? Yes........of course. What will trillions of American taxpayer dollars do to stop China, India, etc from polluting our planet? Nothing. But it will pay for a sh!tload of jet fuel so these so called scientists can circle the globe preaching on the evils of fossil fuels.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

It's junk science.

Does the climate change? Yes........of course. What will trillions of American taxpayer dollars do to stop China, India, etc from polluting our planet? Nothing. But it will pay for a sh!tload of jet fuel so these so called scientists can circle the globe preaching on the evils of fossil fuels.

The Paris agreement, that Trump backed out of and the Lefties defend to this day,  allows China to increase their carbon emissions until 2030. The United States has to cut emissions between 26 and 28 percent compared with 2005 levels by 2025.

As of 2015 Chinas CO2 emissions were more than twice the emissions of the USA.

https://en.m.wikiped...oxide_emissions 

The USA leads the world in carbon emissions reduction!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

They started forming 7000 years ago. 

If the people in the shithole countries would stop breeding so much everyone would benefit. Including them. Want to help the planet? Pay them money to get snipped or tied. It's simple and would work wonders. Show me I'm wrong. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the people in the shithole countries would stop breeding so much everyone would benefit. Including them. Want to help the planet? Pay them money to get snipped or tied. It's simple and would work wonders. Show me I'm wrong. 

I would support the funding of snipping in the inner cities of New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Anyone in New Jersey. Once I see the plan in action, I'll gladly throw a few bucks their way. 

Just now, sderk said:

I would support the funding of snipping in the inner cities of New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Anyone in New Jersey. Once I see the plan in action, I'll gladly throw a few bucks their way. 

We already have that remedied thanks to democrats. It's called planned parenthood. It keeps the undesirables population in check. But these people in the shitholes are breeding faster than the liberals can kill the unborn ones here.  

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We already have that remedied thanks to democrats. It's called planned parenthood. It keeps the undesirables population in check. But these people in the shitholes are breeding faster than the liberals can kill the unborn ones here.  

It's funny that it is so difficult for democrats to take the responsibility to keep from having unwanted pregnancies to the point that they "need" the government to stand in and take responsibility for helping them kill their children. Strange days we live in. I still think that abortions should only be approved if the mother and father are also aborted at the same time. 

Earth has a fever

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Earth has a fever

It's so hot today here in the middle of June in the northeast that I only had to wear a light jacket outside. Crazy. 

Just now, sderk said:

It's so hot today here in the middle of June in the northeast that I only had to wear a light jacket outside. Crazy. 

Should be what, 100, 105 this summer?