Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

All in for Rodgers (Auction Dynasty League)

In an auction ppr dynasty draft, with $32 going into draft ($100 total budget), would you go all out for Aaron Rodgers or try to pick up some solid bench guys knowing i need at least one more starting rb?

RB - David Johnson, Paul Perkins, Jacquizz Rodgers, S Vereen

WR - OBJ, Allen Robinson, Tyreek Hill, Moncrief

TE - Hunter Henry

QBs to be available - Rodgers, Luck, Winston, Wilson, Eli, Rivers, Stafford

Best RBs to be available (slim pickings) - Gurley, Abdullah, AP, Ingram, Rookie Rbs

Max i can spend on a one player $26, rodgers will probably go for $20-24. My gut says go for Rodgers and hopefully find a sleeper RB. But have a bunch of question marks are RB after David Johnson.

Jacquizz Rodgers will be a good play the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season. Paul Perkins is reportedly an all purpose back on a decent offense. You might be o.k. at running back with the depth you have at WR. I say either go after Rodgers or wait and get Rivers. You could also then go all in on either Gurley or Fournette if you wait for Rivers. Personally, without knowing auctions that well or your scoring system would rather have Rivers and one of those running backs.

In an auction ppr dynasty draft, with $32 going into draft ($100 total budget), would you go all out for Aaron Rodgers or try to pick up some solid bench guys knowing i need at least one more starting rb?

RB - David Johnson, Paul Perkins, Jacquizz Rodgers, S Vereen

WR - OBJ, Allen Robinson, Tyreek Hill, Moncrief

TE - Hunter Henry

QBs to be available - Rodgers, Luck, Winston, Wilson, Eli, Rivers, Stafford

Best RBs to be available (slim pickings) - Gurley, Abdullah, AP, Ingram, Rookie Rbs

Max i can spend on a one player $26, rodgers will probably go for $20-24. My gut says go for Rodgers and hopefully find a sleeper RB. But have a bunch of question marks are RB after David Johnson.

yeah, with DJ and perkins, you might be okay.

maybe what you do is go for Rodgers and then grab someone late like Doug Martin from the bucs. I still think he will end up the starter in Tampa and I'm pretty sure he could be had for cheap.

Had the draft this past weekend. I needed to draft 7 spots including K and D (bold). Here is who i ended up with

QB - Rodgers ($20)

RB - David Johnson, Paul Perkins, Jacquizz Rodgers, S Vereen, Theo Riddick ($2)

WR - OBJ, Allen Robinson, Tyreek Hill, Moncrief, Devante Parker ($5), S Shepard ($2)

TE - Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle ($1)

D - Jaguars ($1)

K - Justin Tucker ($1)

Going into the draft, i thought i would spend most of my money on a RB but Aaron Rodger's price seemed to be a great value at 20 so i went for it. Wasn't really targeting Parker either but for $5, at that point, his upside was worth it. Same with Shepard (probably because i'm a Giants fan)

Think i got solid value in Riddick and Doyle. I'm still concerned with my RBs as Perkins is unproven and don't have a legit starter behind him. Riddick could be solid in a PPR.

How do you think i did?

I agree, your RB depth may be a problem

I think perkins has a decent shot at being the starter, so I wouldnt be THAT worried, but if he doesnt pan out, I really wouldnt want to be forced to rely on Rodgers, Vereen or Reddick.

The good news is with David Johnson, your second RB doesnt need to be THAT good.