Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Landry, Parker, and Stills production with Cutler at QB

Do you guys expect diff numbers with Cutler throwing? Is it possible Landry sees an increase in TD's?

or does Cutler force Parker the ball and his numbers increase from shear opportunity?

do we see Stills being relied upon by Cutler cuz Parker work ethic sux and the result is decent WR2's for Stills?

Diff QB with more experience we should end up seeing diff results from these WR's

What do you guys think?

I have Landry as a kerper at 5% of cap, and I dont have a clue of how he will be used. With these guys being set starters there will be little to learn from preseason.

I saw a tweet from the girlfriend that the situation is being way overblown with Landry. Cutler tends to lock on to one guy or at least he has in the past. That bodes well for somebody, hopefully Landry since I own him. :bandana:

I saw a tweet from the girlfriend that the situation is being way overblown with Landry. Cutler tends to lock on to one guy or at least he has in the past. That bodes well for somebody, hopefully Landry since I own him. :bandana:

Not totally true.

when he had Marshall and Jeffery, he split between the two pretty evenly there for a year or two.

I wouldn't expect much different

There's a small chance Cutler clicks in Miami and they all have more value but the opposite is also true

Most likely though I don't see a big change

Cutler in Gase system was a top 5 offense in the league a couple years back.

He's a jerk and bad leader, but he's got a cannon. I think Parker and Julius benefit most w his play style but Landry will get his.

Overall this was a good move for the fins.

• Like 1

He's a jerk and bad leader, but he's got a cannon. I think Parker and Julius benefit most w his play style but Landry will get his.

well, if you know Tannehill is out for the year, I truly think this was the best move for the phins.

Cutler already knows the system. While I expect there will be some tweaks based on personel, the basic system is unchanged, so I think the learning curve wont be all that steep for him.

so he will be able to move in almost seamlessly. And for an offense, that's important.

yes, he's a jerk,

and maybe he doesnt have the Heart/desire to be a champion, but I think hes talented enough to put up some decent numbers in this offense.

I'd watch the camp reports to see who Cutler develops some chemistry with because if you are gonna draft any of the Miami WR's that's the player you likely want.

Gase was only in Chicago in 2015. They were the 23rd offense. He had Cutler at probably his most efficient but they were not throwing it a lot.

But that is about the same as Gase did with Tannehill last year so don't think there should be much change in expectations for the WR's with Cutler now.

• Like 1

But that is about the same as Gase did with Tannehill last year so don't think there should be much change in expectations for the WR's with Cutler now.

This is the bottom line.

Let's face facts.... unless you are in a league that starts 2 QB, Cutler wont factor into your plans at all. If the matchup is right he MAY be an adequate bye week filler.

the key fantasy players we care about on Miami are the WR's.

and I think it's fair to keep the estimated values similar to what they were under Tanehill. there may be some minor tweaking of these numbers once we figure out who Cutler has developed chemistry with, but we would likely be tweaking these numbers even if Tannehill was still at QB.

for now, I wouldnt worry much about this. but you will need to adjust as the exhibition season progresses.

The most competitive wr in Miami is Landry. And he had some nice games even w Matt Moore. If Cutler has anything left Landry might be Marshall 2.0

The most competitive wr in Miami is Landry. And he had some nice games even w Matt Moore. If Cutler has anything left Landry might be Marshall 2.0

I wouldnt be surprised if Parker has a good year.

When the draft is over and I look at my roster and I see no Dolphins on it, odds are I had a pretty good draft.

Cutler does NOT rely on small WR's. He has always used big receivers such as Marshall and Jeffery. The only small WR that has had decent numbers with Cutler at QB was Eddie Royal. I dont feel Parker's work ethic will be liekd by Cutler. I am guessing Stills ends up being the consistent one

Ajayi is working on catching the ball, and Cutlers used Forte in the past alot. Its possible to see a different Cutler with a defense that can stop teams and not force him into bad situations. Bears defenses always been bad for Cutler. Weird how Cutler ends up on a better team this year then if he played for the bears minus Jeffery now.

Stills Has never been the guy and Landry is up there in terms of toughness and having great hands. He will be the guy in Miami

Stills Has never been the guy and Landry is up there in terms of toughness and having great hands. He will be the guy in Miami

See I have a hard time believing Cutler all of a sudden heavily targets a smaller WR, why do you think he will now is it cuz you want it to be so? And Parker is a baby don't you all remember the knock on him was he wont play hurt, so I bet Cutler gets pissed off soon enough with Parkers work ethic. He gives up on plays too. Stills while not being depended upon and mostly as a 3rd WR has missed only 1 game in last 4 years and has scored 12 TDs, caught 70-80 balls with 1300 total yards in last 2 years. I am thinking Stills is the pick for me cuz the value you get drafting him last round is unmatched

I'd rather draft another late round RB flyer than draft a hot and cold guy like Kenny Stills.

His end of the year numbers may look solid on a macro level, but i could never trust him on a week to week basis to actually play him since he's soooo big play dependent.

You'll have plenty of opportunities on the waiver wire to find a guy(s) comparable to Kenny Stills, but you can never have too many RB flyers.

I'd rather draft another late round RB flyer than draft a hot and cold guy like Kenny Stills.

His end of the year numbers may look solid on a macro level, but i could never trust him on a week to week basis to actually play him since he's soooo big play dependent.

You'll have plenty of opportunities on the waiver wire to find a guy(s) comparable to Kenny Stills, but you can never have too many RB flyers.

while I do agree with what you said I was merely just discussing the 3 WRs and impact that Cutler will have on the receiving core. I think people will be surprised to see how biased cutler can be to small WRs

Cutler does NOT rely on small WR's. He has always used big receivers such as Marshall and Jeffery. The only small WR that has had decent numbers with Cutler at QB was Eddie Royal.

I started this reply after reading your first sentence before realizing you mentioned Royal. He definitely posted decent numbers.

Eddie Royal

5'10, 190

2008 - 15 games, 91 catches (7th in NFL), 980 yards, 5 TD's

I started this reply after reading your first sentence before realizing you mentioned Royal. He definitely posted decent numbers.

Eddie Royal

5'10, 190

2008 - 15 games, 91 catches (7th in NFL), 980 yards, 5 TD's

:thumbsup:

but my argument would be Cutler targeted the bigger WR Marshall for 100+ rec all 3 years 2008 -2010

I hope Cutler forces Parker the ball forcing him to step up and be reliable to lead a whole drive being a dominating force at WR

I hope Cutler forces Parker the ball forcing him to step up and be reliable to lead a whole drive being a dominating force at WR

I have a share of him in dynasty and would love that.

:thumbsup:

but my argument would be Cutler targeted the bigger WR Marshall for 100+ rec all 3 years 2008 -2010

He did but Stills is not Marshall and Landry is better than Royal. I like your idea of taking a deep round flyer on Stills but Landry is still the surer bet to me

Reasonable minds ....