Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Picking Gurley at 14 would be a good or bad decision?

I play in a ppr league and was curious if Gurley was there at 14 would that be a bad pick? I keep thinking and hoping that he will have a big time bounce back season. Anyone pick him or have thoughts on him. I am thinking he could also catch 40 plus passes this year.

Depends on what other WRs are still available.

But I wouldn't have any problem with this pick.

He was the best back available for me at pick 17. Certainly not my first choice but by the third round I didn't think he would be there.

I feel like this is pretty close to where he should/is being drafted, but if i get the 14 spot I'm looking at somebody like Jordy Nelson if he's still around or DeMarco Murray then gamble on zeke at 15. I'd rather take the guy risking a suspension than a guy where we're all just hoping for a bounce back.

with that being said i've taken him mid 2nd and that's where I feel comfortable.

I just don't trust Goff so I think teams will continue to stack the box until proven otherwise, even with watkins out wide. He's got value because he's a 3 down back, but i have him has my RB10.

I passed on him twice. He fell off the planet in my money draft. NOBODY wanted him.

I wouldn't touch him at all. Not even in the 3rd

Not sure how you pass on Gurley in the 3rd round if still available, sounds like someone giving advice that was burned by Gurley last year!

Not sure how you pass on Gurley in the 3rd round if still available, sounds like someone giving advice that was burned by Gurley last year!

cause I like the WR's better in that range, and I like the RB's in the 5th much better

To be honest, I'd probably grab a WR there if Gurley is the "best" RB on the board (ADP). I'd rather have a Dez/Cooks/Baldwin at 17 & go RB the following round (Crowell/Cook/Hunt/McCaffrey/Lynch).

Just my 2¢

The only thing gurley has going for him right now is he is dropping in drafts. You taking him that early negates that value. Not even close to a top 15 pick, especially not in ppr. Go WR

• Like 1

I was picking 3rd (12 team ppr), got A Brown in the first, and I grabbed him coming back. I was a disgruntled owner last year, but the way the picks worked out, it was the best pick for me. Not thrilled, but it is what it is....

He's played 30 games as a pro. 13 of those he's had 50 yards or less.

Maybe his offense will be better in 2017 and he'll benefit. It'll have to be because he's not a player who will make his offense better.

At this point, hunt is creeping up in the draft to the point where he may not be there in the third. If your scoring dictates that the 2nd round wr is going to score similarly to whatever rb you have in mind, I'd recommend taking the rb in general.

Obviously a lot of people are having a hard time forgiving Gurley for last year's transgressions. But don't forget, you still need other pieces to make a running game work- OL, good qb defenses respect, scary WRs who demand attention. Rams had none of that last year, plus a very crappy coach.

I think this year is better. They picked up a stud tackle, better WRs, new coach.......he should improve considerably.

Agree, I see a high rb2 me might even in up being a Low rb1.

Gurley has a cup cake schedule early (Indy, wash, @san Fran). I'm gambling that he comes out flying. Then I'm planning on trading him for a rb1 or wr1 that comes out of the gate slow. Strategy could backfire but couldn't,t pass up taking gurley late 2nd early 3rd in every draft. Very few featured backs still eft in this rbbc league.

Love reading these old posts ...we all think we know fantasy until the season actually starts. Me Included

Love reading these old posts ...we all think we know fantasy until the season actually starts. Me Included

Agreed. Everyones a genius til the season starts. Then by seasons end no one remembers. I have tried to stop being so matter of fact in recent years. Every season its wacky and half the top RBs bust and get replaced by a few next tier guys we all slept on or said couldnt get there. LeVeon Bells big year people said he was second fiddle to Blount and a 3rd round pick. My guy to break out big this year is Derrick Henry. He cant catch, hes gonna split with Lewis blah blah. Lets watch and see.
  • Like 1

Sure glad I snatched him up. Single handily won me my championship in my money league. Now who is this years Gurley? Maybe Gurley does it again?

Sure glad I snatched him up. Single handily won me my championship in my money league. Now who is this years Gurley? Maybe Gurley does it again?

This years Gurley has to be a late 1st rounder people suspect could be huge but are iffy on drafting. Maybe Melvin gordon? His oline got better and hes been catching more.

Even though I didn't post in this thread, I'll be the first to admit that I was bearish on him last year, and ended up not owning him. He was just so painful to watch the previous year and I gave too much weight to that. Congrats to those who were wise (or blindly lucky) enough to draft him.

Always hard to predict the value ADP studs, but I agree with the Henry/Gordon possibilities. as well as Cook too. Digging deeper to later rounds though, I could see Lynch having a strong resurgence under Gruden, with possible Gurly-like TD totals. I'm also pretty intrigued with Clement, especially with Ajayi running on borrowed knees. The kid is a baller with an excellent nose for the endzone .

Of course, I have always been a proponent of Collins, although that Raven RB roster is legit. Mack also seems way undervalued with Gore gone, particularly if Luck is back 100%. He could potentially return RB1 value if things shake out right.

In short, who knows?

....they may all end up injured or stinking the joint up.

It would be a reach, but if he was there at 20, i'd probably grab him.

It's funny reflecting on this thread almost a year later.

Gurley was the steal of the draft and won many people their leagues. People literally groaned and laughed when I made the pick (early 4th...long story we weigh our QB and DST scoring very heavy). The previous owner commented he'd never take him again.

I took him as my RB2 because I already had Bell. Looking back it makes some sense he was good. Fisher was a terrible coach who just ran boring plays. With him gone, Goff making some real passing threat to keep defenses honest, and a good defense no wonder Gurley started going off.

yep, little did anyone know the Rams would have a 30 year old rookie coach who would like up the scoreboard

after watching Goff his rookie year, and Gurley struggle so much I didnt see much chance of a turnaround

I guess this year, just based off that you are looking at Trubisky/Howard. Nagy could be the difference who knows. Howard gives a little more value pick if you can get him in the 3rd

Fisher is awful and I knew Gurley would

Bounce back, but I didnt expect Goff to be as good as he was.