Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Noob

Eagles RB situation

Hey guys, in one of my deeper leagues I ended up with Blount (RB4) and I am decidedly :dunno: with him. No one is talking much about the Eagles but every time they do they gush about the potential for Wentz and the offense to take a leap forward.

Can any homers chime in with some info on the RB depth chart and if there might be some hidden gems here? Was the cutting Blount talk motivational or is their one of the other backs that could take over and might be a nice stash on my bench?

Thanks for any insight :thumbsup:

well, it's either Blount or Smallwood.

My money is on Blount, but Smallwood has had an excellent camp and I do think there is a decent chance this becomes a committee.

I'm not saying not to buy, but this is one situation where you should make sure yoiu do not overpay for either.

Eagle Homer Here....they kept both Pumphrey and Clement, so five RB's are on the 53 man roster which to me says there is not a ton of confidence in any of them. Blount should have the most red zone opportunities but I expect a true RBBC unless someone emerges as a standout.

I think you need to stay with Blount.

And no I wouldn't give up Smallwood for Carson, I think the Hawks Rb situation is even worst.

Plus you own Prosise.

Eagles fan here: True Rbbc ad a fantasy wasteland until further notice. If you had to own one I'd recommend Smallwood but at that point in the draft you're just taking a blind flyer regardless. RB will be a high position of need for the team next year.

It's RRBC.

Darren Spore still there, so he will take carry too.

Sproles is too old. he wont be a factor. Not a major one anyway.

If you wanna bet on a 34 year old RB, go ahead but my guess is he gets some 3rd down reps, and that's it.

Blount has never performed anywhere but NE. Well he was good his rookie year in TB but that was it.

I just don't see him succeeding there.

So to me it's Smallwood and see if he can turn into The Guy there. But I kinda doubt he will since he seems to be hurt a lot and didn't do anything last year

I kept Carson over Smallwood. It was close for me but I felt like Carson had a little more unknown therefore slight edge to upside. Smallwood was ok last year when I watched but nothing amazing.

These are just stabs in the dark at the end of my bench.

I'm on Smallwood if anyone, but I did not touch anyone on this team except for Wentz as a backup.

I think Jeffries is a decent pick based on ADP. Slightly higher upside than those being picked around him.

In about any case Blount should get the goal line carries and be a decent Goal Line RB

That will make him good depth for the most part

In about any case Blount should get the goal line carries and be a decent Goal Line RB

That will make him good depth for the most part

Eventually he will be inactive. You done activate a guy for short yardage if he can't play special teams

Thanks for the insight guys I was dreading the RBBC. I was hoping one of those guys was emerging as a nice sleeper.

I am a Hawks homer and my take is Lacy will have a good first game simply out of revenge, Rawls will quickly take the starting gig and get injured by week six. I love Rawls but the thing that makes him great is the thing that will get him hurt. He runs violently and cant take the beating. Then its will be the Carson show, the kid looks great love him in dynasty and for second half of season. Prosise is talented but he's a bad fit for the Seahawks offense and our Offensive coordinator is an idiot that cant adapt to the players he has.

Eventually he will be inactive. You done activate a guy for short yardage if he can't play special teams

That's not true

I don't remember Marion Barber, Mike Tolbert, or Lendale White being special teams players

That's not true

I don't remember Marion Barber, Mike Tolbert, or Lendale White being special teams players

Or T.J. Duckett!

I had my draft Saturday. I waited a long time to select my RB3 and RB4. I ended up with Carson and Smallwood. We'll see. I better hope my 2 primary guys start out really well.

Does Pumphrey have much value in dynasty? He didn't get drafted and is available on waivers. I have Ryan Mathews on my roster and need to dump him for someone so I was considering Pumphrey.

That's not true

Those guys played on a regular basis as a RBBC. He'll Tolbert was a fullback.

Sproles, per Schefter, broke his arm and tore an ACl yesterday ending his 2017 season. Shame. Since he was likely retiring at the end of the year, this could be it for him.

Better and more reliable than the typical feast or famine third down back, it's a hard way to see him go out like this.

I've never owned Sproles in fantasy but he's long been one of my favorite players since his time at Kansas St. Feel absolutely horrible for him. How does one even break their arm and tear their ACL on the same play?! Sadly, I agree with you, and think this will be it for him. Outstanding player and even better person!

Sproles, per Schefter, broke his arm and tore an ACl yesterday ending his 2017 season. Shame. Since he was likely retiring at the end of the year, this could be it for him.

Better and more reliable than the typical feast or famine third down back, it's a hard way to see him go out like this.

Wow. I didn't know he was retiring but I guess it makes sense. What a crappy way to go out. Can't even fight to the end. And Philly looks pretty good this year so far.

Wow. I didn't know he was retiring but I guess it makes sense. What a crappy way to go out. Can't even fight to the end. And Philly looks pretty good this year so far.

Yeah, that sucks, but this is what happens to players when they get old.

their bodies just cant take the pounding like they were able to at a young age and this especially applies to RB's.

At the age of 34 it was dicey at best, and I called it earlier in this thread.

Even so, I hate to see someone go out in this way. But these things happen to players who extend their career further than they probably should.

Either way, I do wish him a speedy recovery and a healthy retirement.

Is it going to be Clement or Smallwood to replace Sproles[/

expect a three man rotation with Smallwood getting the start and first crack.

Bids flew in like crazy for Smallwood so I added Clement everywhere for free this morning. I'd feel a lot better about Clement if Blount didn't come back to life this week. I think we have a very similair situation here to what he have in Baltimore with a three way committee.

Blount = Terrance West (the guy who was supposed to be the guy but has been generally dissapointing).

Smallwood = Buck Allen (Buck takes over the Woodhead role and Smallwood takes over the Sproles role).

Clement = Alex Collins (Technically third in line but like Collins, may have the highest upside and eventually become lead dog).

Like Buck Allen, I would expect Smallwood to see the most snaps and the most touches but can he make the most of them? If one of these guys can rise to the top there will be value here as I think the Eagles have a very good line and good enough offense.

Got clement. Smallwood will underperform and get injured soon.

Blount and Clement will both be flex options once that happens

Call me crazy but I prefer Blount out of the three. Everywhere reporting him and Smallwood will split carries but Smallwood will get more passing work and Blount will get the TDs. I prefer the guy still getting carries and goaline work. I think Smallwood is going to turn out like Abdullah has been so far. Gets carries by the 20's and will get you 6-8 puts oer week.