Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

++ Update: DJ Wrist Injury: the world holds its breath - Out 2-3 Months

Speaking Monday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said David Johnson is seeking a second opinion on his wrist injury, but that his current prognosis is the same as T.J. Logan's, who is on injured reserve with a wrist issue.

Arians called Johnson's wrist "dislocated." ESPN's Adam Schefter has pegged Johnson's two possible timelines as 2-4 weeks and 3-4 months. 3-4 months is what Logan was saddled with when he went down in early August. We will get final word some time in the next 24 hours. What's clear is that Johnson shouldn't be in Week 2 lineups.

I guess i'm fortunate, the only league I own shares of DJ in I also own Zeke and Kareem Hunt. But this sucks for sure. But it does reinforce the idea that injuries are just part of the game.

Not this guy...

Man, that truck hits like a fucking truck!

Florida tried recruiting the truck at LB.

Alabama already had a commit from him?! :dunno:

• Like 1

Have DJ in one league, it is what it is, he won me two leagues last year. I totally get this is part of FF, but with season ending injuries increasing each year, it just makes FF that much more luck than anything else.

It also hurts the NFL and as a fan, my interest in watching games. So many stars these last years out majority of the season, or all of it. This year was a struggle to keep my big money league alive after almost 15yrs and I was the person who lobbied to save it this year. Gotta say, after all this, the BS around suspensions and general drama of the NFL, probably my last year doing FF

I've been saying it for years that they need to address the padding and protective gear they wear. They only just now started addressing the helmets after the CTE scare and law suits. So many knee injuries could be prevented with better padding. Now, I know there are many non-contact injuries, the ACL's and such. I get that increased padding wouldn't eliminate all injuries. However, doesn't it make sense if you could reduce just 5 - 8% of them with better protective gear. I think so.

I've been saying it for years that they need to address the padding and protective gear they wear. They only just now started addressing the helmets after the CTE scare and law suits. So many knee injuries could be prevented with better padding. Now, I know there are many non-contact injuries, the ACL's and such. I get that increased padding wouldn't eliminate all injuries. However, doesn't it make sense if you could reduce just 5 - 8% of them with better protective gear. I think so.

When I played you had to wear hip pads, tailbone pad, thigh pads , knee pads. rib pads were worn by some. Some ppl wore neck roles. Some wire forearm pads and hand pads.

When I played you had to wear hip pads, tailbone pad, thigh pads , knee pads. rib pads were worn by some. Some ppl wore neck roles. Some wire forearm pads and hand pads.

Playing on natural grass would go a long way for those knee injuries.

With all the money the NFL owners are making wouldn't it make sense to pay the higher price to install and maintain real grass in the stadiums?

If yer paying 100+ million to a guy why would you want to chance his knees on turf?

The new gel flex helmets are a step in the right direction, but its clear more in needed.

If I were Jerry I'd have a team of physical trainers and scientists wrapping my players in kevlar and rattlesnake hides.

With all the money the NFL owners are making wouldn't it make sense to pay the higher price to install and maintain real grass in the stadiums?

If yer paying 100+ million to a guy why would you want to chance his knees on turf?

The new gel flex helmets are a step in the right direction, but its clear more in needed.

If I were Jerry I'd have a team of physical trainers and scientists wrapping my players in kevlar and rattlesnake hides.

It's a balancing act.

Grass is better for the player. Less injuries, longer careers.

Turf is better for the fan. Players run faster (and arguably hit harder) on Turf and the faster action is enjoyable for most fans.

Turf is also cheaper to maintain. This industry is about making money, so Lots of places dont care for natural grass.

• Like 1

It's a balancing act.

Grass is better for the player. Less injuries, longer careers.

Turf is better for the fan. Players run faster (and arguably hit harder) on Turf and the faster action is enjoyable for most fans.

Turf is also cheaper to maintain. This industry is about making money, so Lots of places dont care for natural grass.

This is just dumb. I enjoy HS football played on grass. To think more people are watching the NFL because of turf over grass is ludicrous. I would welcome players running slower if it reduces the volume of injuries. Bottom line = NFL doesn't care about players safety. They care about money only.

Also, it stands to reason that a guy running a 4.40 forty in shorts can't do that in pads and helmet. So, he's still faster than everyone else in pads. Time to make them ALL wear all of the appropriate padding. I'm shocked the rules committee and all the people who are waaaaaay smarter than me haven't figured this out.........well the owners as it's on them. That's where the buck stops. Smart analytical people can figure out a million ways to make the game safer. The owners have to agree to it. I baffles my mind that they haven't to this point.

Have DJ in one league, it is what it is, he won me two leagues last year. I totally get this is part of FF, but with season ending injuries increasing each year, it just makes FF that much more luck than anything else.

It also hurts the NFL and as a fan, my interest in watching games. So many stars these last years out majority of the season, or all of it. This year was a struggle to keep my big money league alive after almost 15yrs and I was the person who lobbied to save it this year. Gotta say, after all this, the BS around suspensions and general drama of the NFL, probably my last year doing FF

wah wah. Need a tissue?

Possible back week 13. Just in time to make you play him, however, be rusty and ruin your playoffs.

This, he has very little value now.

ARI just signed RB DJ Foster off NE's practice squad.

Foster has been pretty impressive for NE in some pre-season games ove the last 2 season - especially considering he was an undrafted FA out of Arizona State. He's a player many were rooting for to make the roster - he makes plays and is pretty electric at times but was stuck behind James White and Dion Lewis on the depth charts - I think he would have eventually had a bigger role for NE in the Kevin Faulk, James White, third down back role.

DJ Foster can catch the ball - does it well enough that fans thought maybe they could use him in gadget plays out of the slot - and he runs extremely well in open field... maybe not big enough for full-time, between the tackles duty but I think he'll make some plays as a 3rd down, receiving back and maybe more if he's all ARI has.

it may be worth keeping an eye on Foster to see how he fits in, if the coaches/QB like him and he can finally get on the field for real games.

The Cardinals should play Andre Ellington as much as they did David Johnson, until he snaps in half because if he doesn't get hurt he's got Devonte Freeman type skills and can put up very good stats.

The Cardinals should play Andre Ellington as much as they did David Johnson, until he snaps in half because if he doesn't get hurt he's got Devonte Freeman type skills and can put up very good stats.

He'll snap in the first quarter of any game he receivers a bell cow workload.

He'll snap in the first quarter of any game he receivers a bell cow workload.

Snap like Billy Blanks in the opening scene of Last Boy Scout, or snap like physically get hurt?

I had Ellington in the pre DJ season. He was pitiful.

I took DJ first overall last year and didn't handcuff because they don't have one worth it.

I have DJ in 2 leagues and one league only has 4 benches. I also lost Allen Robinson as well. Really thinking about dropping him in my short bench league and keep him on my other one. Opinions?

I have DJ in 2 leagues and one league only has 4 benches. I also lost Allen Robinson as well. Really thinking about dropping him in my short bench league and keep him on my other one. Opinions?

I have to do the same. 4 bench spots. It sucks but when bye weeks hit ur screwed.

I have to do the same. 4 bench spots. It sucks but when bye weeks hit ur screwed.

Would you keep him with a 6 bench spot league?