Sign in to follow this  
ST_Pete

OBJ Dilemma

So I pulled the trigger this morning on a trade prior to the Rotoworld feed on his injury. It looked like the arrow was pointing up for him playing - now I am concerned.

My question to the forearm is whether folks think I should leave him in my lineup or roll with Algholar (none of the Monday night options are available)?

Any Giants homers out there with some insider knowledge on whether he plays?

I don't have any info you don't have, but for whatever it's worth I am benching him this week. I'd like to know he won't be gimpy out there before I commit.

Yea he is unfortunately on my bench again this week. I guess I will roll out Thielen again. I doubt Thielen repeats last weeks performance but maybe he scores a TD this time.

It sucks but I'm waiting to see how Friday practice goes. Ideally you can get a player in the Monday game. If not you have to decide how much risk you want to take.

Typically Full participate on Friday would mean he plays. Limited = 50/50. Either way I think OBJ will be a decoy.

Wow that's a great deal.

Even if he plays he's gonna be limited. I'd need to see a week of him before starting him.

Now, I'm having doubts. Do I use OBJ and hope he performs? If not, M Bryant? He didn't do great against Cleveland, but AB got more one on one coverage. I'm thinking the Vikes will put Rhodes on AB all day and bracket Bryant.

So, that brings me to Davis. I don't like his matchup. The Jags are a scary good defense and improved secondary.

What a mess.

Guy I'm playing has OBJ....so fwiw....I'm hoping he leaves him in his lineup. Best case scenario for me...he leaves him, then OBJ is ruled out. Worst case...he plays and is a decoy......super worse case...he plays and scored two touchdowns.....but I don't find that likely either.

I think Bryant gets more targets this weekend.

so, i can either hold out with OBJ and insert Golladay on MNF if he doesn't play...or i can just play devante parker and forget it.

i think parker is the smart play, but i will probably do the OBJ/Golladay thing because i like having MNF action and am not worried about making the playoffs

Not worried about making the playoffs?

we have a few wild card spots based on total points throughout the season. it would take some really odd circumstances to not make it for my team

Yeah - for me, Shephard was dropped this week and Golloday is already fostered. So, I am kind of stuck rolling with Algholor or OBJ. I'm a pretty decent favorite with the matchups (he's got Dez and Hilton as some pretty bad matchups), but am getting impatient with this HAS.

so you can't get shephard off waivers? he'd be the ideal backup. although i feel there's a really good chance that OBJ plays but is not effective. decoy...idk, but marshall can't operate against a cb1 so obj's presence on the field is valuable.

Yeah - for me, Shephard was dropped this week and Golloday is already fostered. So, I am kind of stuck rolling with Algholor or OBJ. I'm a pretty decent favorite with the matchups (he's got Dez and Hilton as some pretty bad matchups), but am getting impatient with this HAS.

• Like 1

Yep - we have to wait for next week during the free agent bidding period. So no option available for Monday. Think I'm going to roll with OBJ and hope to get lucky.

Well he practiced today so we should know Tomm what the story is. If he plays I'm playing him might as well, he may be less than 100% but I can't imagine he'll be any sort of decoy but then again who really knows.

...he would get shadowed by Slay and Eli sucks

You made me curious enough to check. Last year, Slay and the Lions came to New York in week15. Eli had thrown 3 interceptions to DAL the week before and could've thrown 3 more that were dropped. The Detroit coach indicated Slay would not shadow Beckham, so it's not a perfect comparison. However, OBJ was targeted 8 times, had 6 catches for 64 yds and a TD, and added a 9 yard run for a 19.2 PPR score.

I'd settle for that, but I doubt Odell is in the same physical shape he was then. For me, I'm leaning towards starting Davante Adams instead and hoping he'll get his share in what should be a shootout with Green Bay.

I have to decide in 1 league whether to roll with OBJ or play either Kupp, Thielen or D Parker in his place.

So far leaning towards just rolling with Thielen out of the 4 players. This is not a PPR league (last minute change before we drafted from 1 PPR to none).

12 team league in which I picked from the 12 hole and already last week had to sit my 1st/2nd round picks of Mike Evans and OBJ. The league let Zeke slip to me in the 3rd and I snagged K. Hunt with the 4th rd pick and my team is the front runner to take down the whole league. I put up 136 points last week without Evans or OBJ and with it not being a PPR league and no bonus scoring. Only thing that is odd is the defense doesn't get penalized as much as I am used to for giving up points and they get points for yardage that is given up.

My practice has always been never start a player coming back of a multi-week injury his first week back. I want to see him make it through a full game, see how he performs, and make sure he doesn't re-injure. I almost always bench them unless I have no other option.

My question to the forearm is whether folks think I should leave him in my lineup or roll with Algholar (none of the Monday night options are available)?

You might get better advice if you asked the bicep.

In one league I'm sitting on Golladay and will wait to see what happens in Giants practice today. In another...meh. Leaning towards starting Hogan instead since Amendola is out, but it's tempting to roll the dice.

I think Beckham plays...it's just a question of how many snaps and how effectively.