Sign in to follow this  
vash1012

Sell AJ Green?

AJ is putting up some pedestrian numbers this year. Dalton has looked pitiful in 2 games. The OLine has been tragic. I'm sure he'll get a touchdown or two in the next 2 games and then I think I'll probably try to sell. Thoughts?

I'm not to sure you can wait to shop him, another awful game from Dalton could really kill your leverage.

I think shopping him now would be the way to go.

You either sell now or don't sell at all.

You will get no value if another game goes like this. If he returns to normal you won't want to trade him.

Ehhh, I wouldn't. Dude will still beast unless Andy has completely lost it. They just played the Ravens and Texans. Their schedule gets easier.

The offense looks so vanilla right now. I think they'll start moving him around more and changing some things up that will help the entire offense.

Their first two opponents have awesome pass attacks. AJ will be fine. HE is more a buy low guy. I wish you were in my league looking t o trade him. Who do you want? Cohen and Cooper Coup. Come on man. Nothing wrong with CINCI, except they can't handle those great lines. It gets much easier and they will start to force the ball to him in panic mode. DId you see him move when he had the ball. He's elite...

I'm not to sure you can wait to shop him, another awful game from Dalton could really kill your leverage.

I think shopping him now would be the way to go.

Well, the line has not looked great. And that hurts the value of your receivers who do intermediate and deep routes because the QB needs to sit in the pocket long enough for the WR to come open.

While the offensive weapons are better, the line is worse, and that more than offsets the offseason addition of the new weapons.

Wait until he has a better game then sell.

If history is any indicator, the time to sell will be after week 17; as AJ usually lights up BAL twice a year, and is pedestrian against other teams.

2013 CIN @ BAL 8 151 1
2013 CIN BAL 4 61 1
2014 CIN @ BAL 6 131 1
2015 CIN @ BAL 10 227 2
2015 CIN BAL 4 34 1
2017 CIN BAL 5 74 0

You either sell now or don't sell at all.

You will get no value if another game goes like this. If he returns to normal you won't want to trade him.

The truth right here.

They will have a new AC. Marv is going to have to get the ball to AJ to keep his job. I think that you would be selling low.

New Offensive Coordinator as of today. Gotta hang onto your non-Jeremy Hill Bengals now, as the new guy knows the old guy was fired for not getting Green the ball.

Their first two opponents have awesome pass attacks. AJ will be fine. HE is more a buy low guy. I wish you were in my league looking t o trade him. Who do you want? Cohen and Cooper Coup. Come on man. Nothing wrong with CINCI, except they can't handle those great lines. It gets much easier and they will start to force the ball to him in panic mode. DId you see him move when he had the ball. He's elite...

This isn't quite right. The Bengals offensive line is horrid. These guys will have to play a much improved Steelers defense and a still potent Ravens defense 4 times this year. I wait for a 1 week explosion vs a bad team and jettison him then. Week 7 vs the Colts maybe?

Losing Zeitler and Whitworth was huge. PFF has the offensive line rated at 30s - 40s across the board. Expect more of the same.

He has value still with the new coordinator. Don't think for a second you are going to be getting him for Golladay. People would usually rather go down with the ship than risk selling low and regretting it.

Agree, hard to see anyone trading away Green for a lower return.

But with the news of a new OC I think if you can this is the time to shop.

So AJ Green is disposable now? This board is unreal.

2/10 troll. Would have scored higher if not posting the same in multiple threads, making the troll attempt obvious.

As a season goes so does revaluation of players.

Many don't and even refuse to do so, and they lose.

Sure one can clearly over react and act to quickly, but watching the Bengals play two home games and come away with zero tds scored that in its self would make me concern about ,my first round pick.

A new OC can in fact boost the performance of the team going forward, or the old OC was simply the escape goat.

I would start shopping just to see if it's worth making a move.

No hurt in doing so, might just land a winner.

Aj is a big talent with a bad offense. Probably have to hold and start each week hoping for a big game, then you may be able to sell.

I was bordering on the sell, but now they've fired their OC it becomes a definite hold for me. While they still have major o-line woes, maybe better play calling can get the ball out quicker and give WR opportunity for YAC.

No. They will get it together. He and Eifert will have some week winning huge games. Value at an all time low right now.

After watching daltons first 2 games. I would not trade him for Paul Richardson. Straight up. Good luck moving him for value

2/10 troll. Would have scored higher if not posting the same in multiple threads, making the troll attempt obvious.

I don't follow. Are you employed?

Green is top 5 WR in the league. I don't really understand what we're talking about... but here we go again with more expert overreactions.

In ff in ppr league scoring Green as finshed in the top five only twice and in the top ten only three times.

In PPR league, I was offered AJ and Martavis for Crabtree and Howard.

My team:

RB: Hunt, Murray, Howard, West

WR: M Thomas, Allen, Crabtree, C Coleman, Cobb

We start 2 RB and 4 WR or 3 RB and 3 WR...

Thoughts on if this is a good trade for me?

In ff in ppr league scoring Green as finshed in the top five only twice and in the top ten only three times.

Yeah, ONLY.

Then I'm confused. Because if he is a sell or someone that nobody should want right now, why on any draft board about just three to four weeks ago was he projected as a late 1st to mid 2nd round pick? (Behind Julio, OBJ, Evans, Jordy)

How can someone's stock drop so drastically over just two games... which oh by the way were vs HOU and BAL. Keep digging for WR4s on practice squads so you can call yourselves a guru and leave AJ Green on your bench as you enjoy another 4-11 season.

The overreaction by many on these boards is beyond cringeworthy.

Well if you're selling right now it's selling low.

So unless you really think he's going to stink all year, I'd hold him.

Or if someone's willing to pay near full price for him based on name alone. Doubtful but I suppose you could try.

Next big game you can decide whether to trade him or hold.

Well if you're selling right now it's selling low.

So unless you really think he's going to stink all year, I'd hold him.

Exactly. Which is why I don't understand what we're talking about.

Exactly. Which is why I don't understand what we're talking about.

I agree it'd probably be dumb to sell him now.

The concern over him isn't dumb though. 0 TDs first two home games for the whole offense. His QB looks like he's totally lost it.

I mean they'll probably turn it around, but definitely some cause for concern