Sign in to follow this  
KingOfTheJungle

Seems crazy to ask, but start Rodgers or Watson?

Interesting thread... but I will chime in late.

You play Aaron rodgers. You always play aaron rodgers. The reason for this is matchups be damned, that man has a history of scoring points, constantly, week in and week out.

That said, when I have a great player and an emerging player, I look to move the great player as the emerging guy won't as valuable.

Needless to say Rodgers (more appropriately Anthony Barr) ruined most of my DFS lineups today.

Luckily i do not own Rodgers in any fantasy league but i offered a trade to the owner this week and he never replied... Thank goodness.

Who did the OP pick?

After much deliberation, I decided Rodgers was the safer pick.

I was wrong and I lost.

But at least I still have Watson going forward, so my season isn't over.

Others who think it's taboo to roster 2 QB's and have lost their guy are not as fortunate this morning.

I know. I'm out there pilfering through the trash with them to try and find someone to start on Watson's bye week.

After much deliberation, I decided Rodgers was the safer pick.

I was wrong and I lost.

But at least I still have Watson going forward, so my season isn't over.

Others who think it's taboo to roster 2 QB's and have lost their guy are not as fortunate this morning.

I know. I'm out there pilfering through the trash with them to try and find someone to start on Watson's bye week.

Similar to what I said before, I really think it’s better to roster 2 QBs nowadays even if one spot is rotating weekly FA. You miss out on the super values and breakout Gems like Watson and Wentz otherwise. Guys who drafted Matty Ice thought they were set for the year and just pick up a scrub at bye week. Well, they could have picked up Watson and now have maybe the league MVP while Matt has regressed. Or Alex Smith, Wentz, Cam if people dropped him, there is lots of potential value in rostering a backup QB in 12tm leagues. 10tm short bench you can get away with 1 since there will be more free agent options.