Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Winston Injury--anyone see it?

He got driven into the ground and was in obvious discomfort, but he's throwing on the sideline now, so it doesn't seem like he's going to miss time outside this game.

• Like 1

He got driven into the ground and was in obvious discomfort, but he's throwing on the sideline now, so it doesn't seem like he's going to miss time outside this game.

Thank god it's not another Romo/Rogers moment.

The Fitzpatrick led Bucs are making a game of it

That's the whole reason I was super high of Winston... He was suppose to get all those catch up yards and TDs.

I hope it's nothing serious, because I was banking on him for the rest of the season.

What happened to the Bucs defense? That's good for us owners of Evans/Jackson/Winston though.

Looked like the Rogers play. New it was trouble as he let his arm hang and winced on the way back to the sideline. Thought and prayed he was going to play thru it, but unfortunately he's going to sink my and lots of other Winston owners week. Guess we will see just how serious it is.

You never know, he could out 0 to 2 weeks from the look of it. Better stash someone while you can, else you will be picking at left over after the WW.

Tough situation.

Don't think I can or would trust starting him this weekend.

I hope it's not serious. My 2 QB league had Rodgers and Winston starting with no backups...

Ouch! How many teams?

Ouch! How many teams?

Fortunately just 10, so I should be able to still field a full team. My championship hopes are pretty much over though.

pansy was high fiving patrick peterson and hugging cardinals after the game right by the tv. was grinning like a kid that just got a cookie.

weak

Tough situation.

Don't think I can or would trust starting him this weekend.

From a health stand-point, he looked ok. He was throwing on the sidelines with no wincing or obvious signs of discomfort; it appears he will be playing at whatever-% you can call playing through pain in your throwing shoulder. His comments in postgame interviews suggest he'd have gone back out there if needed, but in a blow-out loss (24-0 in a decidedly one-sided half) the Bucs appeared unwilling to let him get hurt further in a game that had by all appearances gotten away from them, no matter that it turned interesting late.

From a fantasy play stand-point, next week @BUF will be a tough start, even at full health (they held Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Trevor Siemian to <11pts, each, before yielding 21pts to Dalton last week) but I could see Winston finish 250y+ 1TD 2INT-ish (15pts in my system). I'm looking elsewhere, personally.

RoS Winston or Wentz?

Tougher call than I though, initially. Both have had up and down performances, so far this year. Both are going to be throwing it a lot this year, to talented targets at all positions, with DEFs that will give the offense opportunities, against a roughly equivalent mix of mediocre-to-good opponents.

I'm going to give the slight edge to Wentz, for what is probably the better overall team around him, on both sides of the ball, and what I see as a somewhat more favorable sked. The fact he still has a bye week may factor into the call; a bye week may keep him fresher down the stretch, but it also guarantees he'll miss a game in the coming weeks. The fact that his throwing shoulder is not injured, in any newsworthy way, may also factor, here.

RoS Winston or Wentz?

Wentz easily IMO

He looks like he's going to have some huge games

Wentz easily IMO

He looks like he's going to have some huge games

Yep, I'm officially benching Weakston. Benching Wentz has cost me twice already, fooled me twice but not thrice!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21045540/tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-day-day-shoulder-sprain

I think if you have a free slot and no better QB at the WW, you can just wait until the end and pick up Fitz if Winston can't go. At this point, it's 50/50 Winston suiting up.

That's my plan. I'll drop someone if need be for Fitz. If not, I'll stay with Winston.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21045540/tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-day-day-shoulder-sprain

I think if you have a free slot and no better QB at the WW, you can just wait until the end and pick up Fitz if Winston can't go. At this point, it's 50/50 Winston suiting up.

i don't like this because of the seemingly high chance he plays just a little before they decide to pull him

i don't like this because of the seemingly high chance he plays just a little before they decide to pull him

My concern about this situation as well. Easy for me to say who should or shouldn't go back into a game while sitting on my couch on Sunday afternoon, BUT his willingness to gut out the game has me concerned. Luckily my DEF, Kicker, and TE combined for close to 60 pts, but can't count on winning too many games getting 3 pts from the QB spot.

it's not even really his willingness. fitzpatrick was pretty effective. no doubt they want winston in there, long term, even to the point that they probably start him if he's "iffy". but gotta think they're thinking they have a pretty good back up option to jump to if winston looks uncomfortable. for me, i'm starting someone else this week and monitoring. i know not everyone has that option, but there are alot of new starting QB's on the wire this week, relatively speaking

My concern about this situation as well. Easy for me to say who should or shouldn't go back into a game while sitting on my couch on Sunday afternoon, BUT his willingness to gut out the game has me concerned. Luckily my DEF, Kicker, and TE combined for close to 60 pts, but can't count on winning too many games getting 3 pts from the QB spot.

I hope they just sit him, it's his throwing arm, if re-injured that could be Andrew Luck moment.

Speaking of Andrew Luck, why the hell they damage that guy so much, geez. If I have a no miss prospect QB, I would draft the best O line I can ever get to protect him.