Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

The start Pat Mahomes thread

This is how rare it is for the Chiefs to start a rookie at QB. They haven't done so in a non-strike game since Steve Fuller in 1979. https://t.co/4dVicSPpXf

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 27, 2017

:shocking: :lol: :cry: :wall:

And no QB drafted by the Chiefs has won a single game since Blackledge in 1987. :(

is this good for Tyreek?.. bad?

halp.

tyreek probably sits. Good for Albert Wilson?

:mellow:

If they want Mahomes to get real work in, why start him if they don't start the rest of the #1s? Otherwise it's simply to preserve the starters and not really to give Mahomes work to see what he can do in this offense. They can't just throw in their 3rd receiver and second string TE and 2nd string RB to mimmick Hill, Kelce, and Hunt.

How did Mahomes look for those who watched the whole game? I only saw bits and pieces of him from Redzone. Numbers look pretty good considering he wasn't playing with the starters and on the road in a tough environment. He did air mail a pass pretty badly that led to an easy INT. I think Mahomes is one of the more intriguing QB plays in 2018 that many will overlook.

yeah certainly showed some flashes. Made some solid throws, some on the run and one where he had a defender at his legs bringing him down. Yeah the int was a low Mark but the dude was basically playing with third stringers. DeAnthony Thomas went down and forced Albert Wilson back in the lineup and when it did you saw some rapport building between the two. Also took him out with a 14 point lead, then they let it slip away and got to watch him drive the field for the win. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

• Like 1

I thought he looked good, and with the young Rb mr Hunt they have a good situation.

Good for them.

Go Titans.

How did Mahomes look for those who watched the whole game? I only saw bits and pieces of him from Redzone. Numbers look pretty good considering he wasn't playing with the starters and on the road in a tough environment. He did air mail a pass pretty badly that led to an easy INT. I think Mahomes is one of the more intriguing QB plays in 2018 that many will overlook.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13324954&postcount=606

what are the odds he starts next season?

100%.

Thanks cmh

I don't think I've ever seen a QB make a throw like this: https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/948247514406367232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowheadpride.com%2F2018%2F1%2F3%2F16842168%2Fpatrick-mahomes-all-22-vs-the-broncos-buckle-up but I don't get a chance to see actual film.

Mahomes is a special talent.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/16842168/patrick-mahomes-all-22-vs-the-broncos-buckle-up

solid review of a very in-depth look at his performance

I follow Seth Keysor on twitter, he knows what he's talking about with that team. I'm probably the only Raider fan he tolerates. Makes a very compelling argument for starting Mahomes in a scaled down version of the Fat Man's offense, in fact he's been saying it since early in the season. But undoubtedly you lose Alex Smith's lack of turnovers.

Thought you got jobbed on the first Mariotta fumble, in fact it's one of the most butchered calls I've seen since The Tuck. THAT'S Jeff Triplette for you.

PATRICK MAHOMES II - he's going to be All-Pro someday. I might have to cheer for the Chiefs! I'm already a life long Royals fan.

On a more serious note, Smith obviously has been playing lights out. However, as close as I follow my chiefs I have felt in year's past the Chiefs may have been held back more on offense not because of smith's limited abilities, but rather the offenses' conservative nature using Smith as the excuse for doing so. Not that they ever came out and said that but you could sort of tell if you are really paying attention.

As long as the Chiefs and Smith don't fall flat in the second half it ends up being a best case scenario for the Chiefs. Chiefs are already accounting for smith's salary in 2018 so let him play out his final year and continue to allow mahomes to develop in waiting (and what better mentors than Smith and Reid), or trade him to a team who is only lacking the veteran signal caller to get them to the playoffs. And then there's always the buy out option on Smith if things don't work as planned.

Good time to be a chiefs fan :headbanger:

smart dude :thumbsup:

Yeah KC fans get ready for another season of high expectations and then another heart break ending.

As a Kelce owner I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.

you will be delighted