Sign in to follow this  
ChargersSB

Trying to get Melvin Gordon

I am trying to get Melvin Gordon from another team. Do you think me offering Demarco Murray and Chris Thompson would be a good idea?

Good ideal sure, will it be accepted is another question.

lol that is what I thought. This is why I don't do trades. I have no clue what I am doing. What if I throw in Amari Cooper as well.

lol that is what I thought. This is why I don't do trades. I have no clue what I am doing. What if I throw in Amari Cooper as well.

you're going to have to give up something good, and none of those options including Cooper, are good.

how about you list your team and his team, as well as your records, and we'll see what we can come up with?

Me: Mariota, Fitzgerald, D. Thomas, M. Ingram, T. Montgomery, H. Henry, Chris Thompson, D. Murray, D. Hopkins, J. Winston, W. Gallman, A. Cooper, Mike Williams (2-4)

Them: D. Prescott, M. Evans, Desean Jackson, M. Gordon, L. Fournette, J. Reed, C. Hogan, A. Rodgers, J. Landry, A. Jeffery, J. Graham, M. Gillislee, T. Cohen (5-1)

Me: Mariota, Fitzgerald, D. Thomas, M. Ingram, T. Montgomery, H. Henry, Chris Thompson, D. Murray, D. Hopkins, J. Winston, W. Gallman, A. Cooper, Mike Williams (2-4)

Them: D. Prescott, M. Evans, Desean Jackson, M. Gordon, L. Fournette, J. Reed, C. Hogan, A. Rodgers, J. Landry, A. Jeffery, J. Graham, M. Gillislee, T. Cohen (5-1)

since he's 5-1, he probably doesn't want depth, especially underperforming depth like you were offering. Good teams like that want to remain top heavy and lock in every week studs, so they don't have to worry about playing the guessing game on who to start. thus you're going to have to make it worth for him to be interested, which can be tough for a team with a losing record.

with that in mind, I think Hopkins needs to be the starting point of any deal. You comfortable starting with that?

Good points. Seems like I don't have enough leverage to do anything. Trying to figure out how I can get out of the cellar lol. My team did awesome last week, 142 pts, but I think that was an anomaly. Maybe I'll ride with my current team one more week to see how they all do then go from there.

Good points. Seems like I don't have enough leverage to do anything. Trying to figure out how I can get out of the cellar lol. My team did awesome last week, 142 pts, but I think that was an anomaly. Maybe I'll ride with my current team one more week to see how they all do then go from there.

I actually think your team is okay, and at least has the illusion of a team that could make a 2nd half run.

Hopkins is a stud obviously

Mariota, Fitz, Thomas, Ingram, Monty, Henry all look trending up for 2nd half

If Cooper ever turns it around, he's an every week starter

you might just have to ride it out, as all your players value is really diminished because of slow starts. you're not going to turn this around via trade, you're just going to have to be very precise with your starts/sits and try to find some diamonds in the rough on the wire.

I have Gordon in 2 leagues and no way in hell would I think about the original trade. If I was your opponent I would something like Hopkins/Galman or Hopkins/Winston for Gordon/Prescott.

I am trying to get Melvin Gordon from another team. Do you think me offering Demarco Murray and Chris Thompson would be a good idea?

you might have been able to make this deal in the offseason or after week 1.

but not now.

Offer it if you think he will accept, but I wouldnt accept that deal if I were in his shoes, and I dont think he will either.