Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Colin Kaepernick collusion case is heating up!

I think these guys should be able to protest, I have a bigger problem with people trying to silence them than I do with them expressing their stance on social or political issues. That being said I do support people making fun of them for being basically stupid and having idiotic view points. Being stupid is fine, saying stupid things is fine. making fun of stupid people saying stupid things is also fine.

So let them have at it. I can change the channel and not watch them, their game, their sport if it really bothers me. I can find something else to do.

Let's not make this bigger than it really is. Let stupidity go out and be stupid.

They do have every right to protest, just not on the job.

They do have every right to protest, just not on the job.

If their employer makes that standard then so be it.

Nope, that is a misrepresentation

I don't blame them either. Let the city burn, and all the people who want to cry about the police with it.

That didnt take long.

That didnt take long.

What I find interesting is that you cannot see that there is philosophical integrity when it is basically being slammed on to you...you HONESTLY are not seeing the stance.....fascinating...

What I find interesting is that you cannot see that there is philosophical integrity when it is basically being slammed on to you...you HONESTLY are not seeing the stance.....fascinating...

Nice dodge Cliffy.

Nice dodge Cliffy.

No dodging on MY part, that is YOUR schtick. I am very clear and consistent.

No dodging on MY part, that is YOUR schtick. I am very clear and consistent.

A very stable genius. :thumbsup:

A very stable genius. :thumbsup:

You can chose to ignore it, or turn to sarcasm, or what ever tool of deflection you have that helps you cope.

NFL settled for 80 million.

Guess all you clowns were right. Nothing to see here. No collusion :lol:

edjr, right again!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, TimmySmith said:

He has to prove that they had some sort of policy, even if it was implied. I don't think it will be hard to prove. In fact I would think the NFL would settle.

Ummm. Ed. :dunno:

I for one am shocked the NFL doesn't want the courts to start digging into their business.

80 million is cheap.

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Kaep will be in training camp for someone next season.  Thinking Carolina, Skins, Philly.

Maybe, though i doubt it.  He was not brought on a team because he offered no value, its unlikely he will suddenly have value in another year.  Plus, if you cut him he gets to pretend the team were just big meaners.....why give him more platform for whining like a little b!tch?

Kaep hasn't played a down of football in 3 years.......and will be 32 in November.

WTF would anyone want him anyways? :dunno:

24 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Kaep hasn't played a down of football in 3 years.......and will be 32 in November.

FA market is razor thin.  Panthers and Skins are most likely going into the season with no starter.  Just saying he'll be in someone's training camp.  If he truly wants to play football, he'll stay in line.

44 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Maybe, though i doubt it.  He was not brought on a team because he offered no value, its unlikely he will suddenly have value in another year.  Plus, if you cut him he gets to pretend the team were just big meaners.....why give him more platform for whining like a little b!tch?

39 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Three years ago, talentwise, in the right situation (offensive system) he was starter material.  I do not believe that his talent was the deterrent.

So while he has not played a down... upside, he has not taken any physical abuse.  downside is we do not know what he has done to improve his liabilities at the position and if there has been a decline in his physical attributes

.... not even touching upon PR issues that he would bring. 

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Three years ago, talentwise, in the right situation (offensive system) he was starter material.  I do not believe that his talent was the deterrent.

So while he has not played a down... upside, he has not taken any physical abuse.  downside is we do not know what he has done to improve his liabilities at the position and if there has been a decline in his physical attributes

.... not even touching upon PR issues that he would bring. 

I see.   As I recall he was not playing for the 49ers at that time, which team would have taken him on and why?  

in his final season in 2016 he played in 10 games.  The team was in shambles having problems on both sides of the ball and had chip kelly as their HC.  Kaep had 2200 passing, 16 tds, 4 ints and 470 yds rushing that year.

mia, nyj, hou, den, chi, rams, buf, clev could have benefited from bringing him.   sea and car could have used him as a backup.

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

in his final season in 2016 he played in 10 games.  The team was in shambles having problems on both sides of the ball and had chip kelly as their HC.  Kaep had 2200 passing, 16 tds, 4 ints and 470 yds rushing that year.

mia, nyj, hou, den, chi, rams, buf, clev could have benefited from bringing him.   sea and car could have used him as a backup.

How would his skill sets have fit into their system, their current and long term planning regarding talent and budget, and their draft strategy?

He doesn't want to and will never play again. Stop

4 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

How would his skill sets have fit into their system, their current and long term planning regarding talent and budget, and their draft strategy?

not going to waste my time breaking all of it down for someone unwilling to objectively look at the summary.  your mind is set.

15 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

not going to waste my time breaking all of it down for someone unwilling to objectively look at the summary.  your mind is set.

While I don't think he is capable of leading at team anywhere, he certainly has the talent to play in the NFL.  And as I have said, with the settlement behind him, I think a team will bring him in.  If he really wants to play, that is.  And by "wanting to play", I mean standing up and shutting up.  If he can't do that, he is pure cancer.

I honestly believe he doesn't want to play, but some team will give him a shot anyway.

5 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I offered you the chance to prove your stance. You seem certain that these teams should have offered him a job, but neither of us know all the factors they used to arrive at their decision.  To suggest that they colluded is absurd, but not unlike your typical NFL player, grab as much as you can, whether you deserve it or not....

Folks on site are still scratching their heads about Denver going for Flacco over Foles, does Foles now have some BS case for "collusion", of course not. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I offered you the chance to prove your stance. You seem certain that these teams should have offered him a job, but neither of us know all the factors they used to arrive at their decision.  To suggest that they colluded is absurd, but not unlike your typical NFL player, grab as much as you can, whether you deserve it or not....

Folks on site are still scratching their heads about Denver going for Flacco over Foles, does Foles now have some BS case for "collusion", of course not. 

I am not going to waste my time dissecting the situations for 8+ teams when you are not open to conversation about it.  Collusion is not easy to prove.  I maintain that talent was not the deterrent in teams not signing him. It is possible that 31 teams independently decided not to sign him because of the political baggage that he brings.  It is also possible that 2 or more teams may have spread the word that they are not signing him and may have encouraged others to do the same.   

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

While I don't think he is capable of leading at team anywhere, he certainly has the talent to play in the NFL.  And as I have said, with the settlement behind him, I think a team will bring him in. If he really wants to play, that is.  And by "wanting to play", I mean standing up and shutting up.  If he can't do that, he is pure cancer.

I honestly believe he doesn't want to play, but some team will give him a shot anyway.

To the bolded- I am not sure the two equate.

He may want to play but not agree to an offer, nor to a compliance to kneel clause. 

9 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

To the bolded- I am not sure the two equate.

He may want to play but not agree to an offer, nor to a compliance to kneel clause. 

Then he really doesn't want to play, does he.

Also to an earlier comment you made, the CBA clearly states that a single team blackballing him can constitute collusion. That it why I predicted the NFL wpuld settle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

do you have any opinion of Eric Reid in this case

He made how much off this dumb lawsuit? People still think he wants to play when he’s getting millions from endorsements and stuff like this? Even hear people saying he would play for the AFF for 250k a year lol. He’s done and his career of whining is more lucrative than playing.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Herbivore said:

do you have any opinion of Eric Reid in this case

I have not formed one on Eric Reid, am oblivious to that one. If I have some spare time I will start reading, though it could take a long time to arrive at a position.

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

You can hate on him all you want.  He is a guy who was nearing the end of his career, knew it, and is doing all the right things to continue to be both relevant and make money.   Clever......

4 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I have not formed one on Eric Reid, am oblivious to that one. If I have some spare time I will start reading, though it could take a long time to arrive at a position.

He was part of the lawsuit with Kaep, and maybe the first to kneel with him.  Good player, had a pro bowl, couldn't get a job last year.  Carolina Panthers had some injuries, brought in Reid.  played out last year.  Just got a 3yr 22mil contract.  5th highest paid safety in the league.  Implication by some is that he was good enough to be brought in to start the season, but he wasn't due to his kneeling.  

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

He was part of the lawsuit with Kaep, and maybe the first to kneel with him.  Good player, had a pro bowl, couldn't get a job last year.  Carolina Panthers had some injuries, brought in Reid.  played out last year.  Just got a 3yr 22mil contract.  5th highest paid safety in the league.  Implication by some is that he was good enough to be brought in to start the season, but he wasn't due to his kneeling.  

Interesting, I look forward to learning more about it. 👍

On 2/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, edjr said:

NFL settled for 80 million.

Guess all you clowns were right. Nothing to see here. No collusion :lol:

edjr, right again!

Or not 80 million?  Maybe 10 million max split with another player and the lawyers?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26323226/report-kaepernick-grievance-nets-10m

Edjr wrong again?

😝

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Or not 80 million?  Maybe 10 million max split with another player and the lawyers?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26323226/report-kaepernick-grievance-nets-10m

Edjr wrong again?

😝

Dude could have been out contributing to society or at least learning a trade, but he decided to spend his time in lawyer offices and court rooms to get someone else's hard earned money.  Guess he got his 'being a pest go away money', only not the bank he was hoping for. :)