edjr

Woman who flipped off Trump says she was fired for it. Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politics/juli-briskman-motorcade-protest/index.html

Washington (CNN)The woman who gave President Donald Trump's motorcade the finger in late October is speaking out after she said she was fired for the incident that went viral.
Juli Briskman, a former member of the marketing team at Akima LLC, was riding her bike as the presidential motorcade passed by, transporting Trump from his golf course back to the White House.
"My finger said what I was feeling," Briskman said. "I'm angry and I'm frustrated."
She flipped off the motorcade twice, and after the moment went viral, she told her employer.
"I thought that it would probably get back to my company eventually," Briskman said in an interview with CNN's Jeanne Moos.
She said she was told she had violated the company's social media policy, and said the company in turn fired her.
"I said, 'Well, that was me,'" Briskman told Moos, recalling her conversation with her former company's HR representative.
Briskman said she had been at the company for about 6½ months before the incident, and was working in the marketing department.
She added that she's "really not" the bird-flipping type.
"Health care doesn't pass, but you try to dismantle it from the inside," Briskman said. "Five-hundred people get shot in Las Vegas; you're doing nothing about it. You know, white supremacists have this big march and hurt a bunch of people down in Charlottesville and you call them good people."

Sounds very snowflakey of the person to very her for this.

Is it true?

your thoughts?

Since she wasn't on the clock and was in no way representing her company, it's pretty obvious that the company is owned by a Trump supporter. She shouldn't sweat it though. She was only there six months. And she got her 15 minutes of fame.

Marketing.. Yup, she gone, you don't want that kind of press.

Her comments after the fact are uninformed as well.

Marketing.. Yup, she gone, you don't want that kind of press.

Her comments after the fact are uninformed as well.

Her comments after the fact represent the feelings of the majority of this country. All but about 34% last time I checked.

Sounds like the Government was that company's biggest customer. She doesn't sound too bright.

And of course the comments on this story on other web sites is full of "her right to free speech was infringed upon!" :doh:

:lol: @ the dodo leftists who cannot figure out what a 'social media' clause is, in an employment contract.

:lol: @ the dodo leftists who cannot figure out what a 'social media' clause is, in an employment contract.

flipping someone off on the street somehow invokes a social media clause :mellow:

flipping someone off on the street somehow invokes a social media clause :mellow:

When you appear on it, it does. She did. Buhbye, prog biatch who doesn't understand that her employer has Government clients.

Freedom of Speech (or expression) comes with a price.

She says she would do it again and once she's broke, she'll blame Trump.

She could go ask Kathy Griffin what to do next.

She has every right to flip off the president.

The company has every right to not employee her.

What's the problem?

Freedom of Speech (or expression) comes with a price.

She says she would do it again and once she's broke, she'll blame Trump.

She could go ask Kathy Griffin what to do next.

holding up a severed head of the president = middle finger?

holy hell. I think you conservatives are turning into the snowflakes

:doh:

He didn't compare the two acts. He suggested that Kathy Griffin would know what to do after being fired for expressing herself.

I think the snowflakes are the ones who cannot understand simple stuff like that and get uptight when such obvious things are merely pointed out.

• Like 1

:doh:

He didn't compare the two acts. He suggested that Kathy Griffin would know what to do after being fired for expressing herself.

:lol:

She broke the rules set by her company and Virginia is an at-will employment state...

It is fine she did what she did, but there are consequences... I don't have a problem with the firing...

She has every right to flip off the president.

The company has every right to not employee her.

What's the problem?

Exactly...

/thread

How about it was childish for a grown woman and mother to act like that, and then post it on face fock? Grow up.

How about it was childish for a grown woman and mother to act like that, and then post it on face fock? Grow up.

This I can agree with. However, she did not take the picture.

I think when you make it your profile pic on FB it probably does. :dunno:

If she hadnt posted the pic to her Facebook account nobody would have known it was her and shes still have a job. Im fine with her firing. Looks like her company does a lot of public sector work. They dont want to be associated with this type.

Besides, I would need to see her cans to make an informed decision

You misunderstood me. In no way are the two close to each other than both women lost their jobs.

I'm saying one woman whose action caused her to lose her job should go ask another woman whose action cost her to lose her livelyhood what she should do. Kathy doubled down on retard and I bet she'd just apologize if she had it to do over again.

She made it her profile pic on Twitter and Facebook according to another article I read on it. That pretty much blew her case, imo.

Besides, I would need to see her cans to make an informed decision

Shoddy reporting by CNN not to include this. :thumbsdown:

You misunderstood me. In no way are the two close to each other than both women lost their jobs.

I'm saying one woman whose action caused her to lose her job should go ask another woman whose action cost her to lose her livelyhood what she should do. Kathy doubled down on retard and I bet she'd just apologize if she had it to do over again.

:thumbsup:

She made it her profile pic on Twitter and Facebook according to another article I read on it. That pretty much blew her case, imo.

who took the picture?

a friend of hers?

the motorcade?

who took the picture?

a friend of hers?

the motorcade?

"A White House photographer traveling with the president snapped a picture of Trump’s motorcade passing a bicyclist when he left a golf course in Sterling, Va., last week." from USA Today's article

"A White House photographer traveling with the president snapped a picture of Trump’s motorcade passing a bicyclist when he left a golf course in Sterling, Va., last week." from USA Today's article

This is my issue. She had nothing to do with the picture being taken. She did not put it on the web.

Not a single one of us in the same situation, wouldn't have bragged about this.

This is my issue. She had nothing to do with the picture being taken. She did not put it on the web.

#1...Wrong. I wouldn't flip off the President of the US--even if HT won the damn thing

#2..I wouldn't brag about it on social media. People who do are stupid.

• Like 2

she made it her profile pic

she made it her profile pic

all of a sudden you're captain facebook?

• Like 1

the story says it bozo :lol:

and you're captain facebook now?