Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Chrysler

Thoughts on last night's elections?

Wow. It was a bloodbath. The long term damage the Trump presidency is going to do to the Republican party is tremendous.

Intested in the thoughts of Raiders, Filthy, Drobeski, Immensa, Troubadour, etc. What do you think of the Trump effect so far?

They held serve. Which is considered a huge success for the left these days. This would have been a "nothing to see here" night 4 years ago.

They held serve. Which is considered a huge success for the left these days. This would have been a "nothing to see here" night 4 years ago.

I was wondering what Fox News was saying. Thanks

Blue states went blue

Omg

1 year ago today real Americans took America back! The real story. MAGA! :first:

• Like 1

Blue states went blue

Omg

1 year ago today real Americans took America back! The real story. MAGA! :first:

yes. That was the real story. One year ago. Today's story is how the Democrats kicked Republican asked last night. This is a true Testament to how this country now feels about the values of our president. The mistake he's made is only catering to the 30% of the population who liked him to begin with. His base continues to love him and is actually getting more and more brainwashed by him. Unfortunately, they get one vote each. No matter how much they're willing to slobber on his knob. And the problem for the Republican Party is that these guys up for election are sitting ducks because you have guys like Trump and Bannon pressuring them to lose their own morals and values and pretend they believe in the nonsense Trump says, while their voters just look at them as little tiny extensions of evil Trump. Quite a conundrum this party's officials are facing.

Dems had a good day in that they won two governorships, holding onto the one in purple Virginia and restoring New Jersey to blue when Humpty Dumpty's LG couldn't hold it. Truely or falsely, they made both referendums about Trump.

Mike Duggan won reelection as mayor in Detroit, fortunately. TommyGavin says Diblasio won NY which sucks for them but is somebody else's problem. Dunno about any other race.

Dems had a good day in that they won two governorships, holding onto the one in purple Virginia and restoring New Jersey to blue when Humpty Dumpty's LG couldn't hold it. Truely or falsely, they made both referendums about Trump.

Yeah, this is going to be the very interesting Dynamic of the midterms. All these guys up for election are going to have to make the choice if they want to band together as an ally of trump or distance themselves from him. It's very hard to cling on to a president with a 30% approval rating who is very widely disliked as a human being. But at the same time, you don't want to be known as disloyal to your party. Republicans are in a very tough spot right now

I guess it's a mixed bag Newbs. Earlier this year the Dems went 0-4 in Special Elections.

Maybe those would have gone different if the DNC had more cash instead of blowing 1.5 billion in the past year and a half.

I guess it's a mixed bag Newbs. Earlier this year the Dems went 0-4 in Special Elections.

Maybe those would have gone different if the DNC had more cash instead of blowing 1.5 billion in the past year and a half.

So no thoughts on the tough spot these Republicans are in and how last night was a very bad night for Trump?

I realize it's tough for you when asked to comment on something where 'Hillary!!" isn't a possible answer.

Dems now control all state legislatures and governorships along the West Coast. Will be interesting to see how that plays out

Mike Duggan won reelection as mayor in Detroit, fortunately. TommyGavin says Diblasio won NY which sucks for them but is somebody else's problem. Dunno about any other race.

Nice to see Duggan SMOKED Coleman Young II in Detroit. That's a positive sign I believe

no

Nice to see Duggan SMOKED Coleman Young II in Detroit. That's a positive sign I believe

The bankruptcy went well and things are actually looking up and stabilizing after the massive hole twenty years of the elder Coleman Young (plus another eight or so of Kwame).

They picked up a governship and retained one. Is that winning big? Then the Republicans have been winning YUGE for quite some time.

Yes. We all understand that. We are now seeing the Trump effect. And it's going to get worse and worse. Again, you're ignoring the problem Republican politicians are facing. But you know that.

The bankruptcy went well and things are actually looking up and stabilizing after the massive hole twenty years of the elder Coleman Young (plus another eight or so of Kwame).

Plus that absurd city council.

Yes. We all understand that. We are now seeing the Trump effect. And it's going to get worse and worse. Again, you're ignoring the problem Republican politicians are facing. But you know that.

That should make you happy.

:dunno:

It's a good day Newbs, blue states voted for blue candidates.

Yeah, Obama left them with nothing. Lazy.

Didnt vote or follow up, but everyone from the governor on down to county dog catcher was running ads against Trump in the lead up. Democrats obviously think the POTUS is going to be a downstream anchor on the GOO ticket.

For sure, at a minimum the vast majority did not want to vote to bring back blatant racism and cronyism to Detroit. Voting for Soulman Young II would have destroyed any progress the city might have been making.

Didnt vote or follow up, but everyone from the governor on down to county dog catcher was running ads against Trump in the lead up. Democrats obviously think the POTUS is going to be a downstream anchor on the GOO ticket.

Politics as usual, although I feel at some level its comical for someone to run as an alternative to the sitting president.

The polarization in politics is no good for anyone on either side of the aisle. I've said it a million times, but in 2020, if either party were to put up a relatively moderate candidate, they would win in a landslide. Rational folks will vote for the candidate that is closest to their ideals and mindset, regardless of the letter after their name. I've voted R the last few elections, but if you give me McAuliffe or Hickenlooper as a D candidate versus Trump or someone even further right than its a no brainer.

Oh no! The horror!

Virginia went from Democrat governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general to a Democrat governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general...

With NOVA's population, Virginia has been blue for the last three Presidential elections and will probably stay that way for a while...

enjoy philly with that DA. gonna be like the wild west.

Oh no! The horror!

Virginia went from Democrat governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general to a Democrat governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general...

With NOVA's population, Virginia has been blue for the last three Presidential elections and will probably stay that way for a while...

Keep your head buried in the sand. It was not a good night for the Republican party. And you guys playing your usual role as blind idiots doesn't change that. :wave:

This. Would have been nice to see a win in VA, but - quite frankly - the GOP Establishment candidate was known as GOP Establishment. He avoided Trump, and campaigning with him.

And he lost. How this reflects on Trump?

It doesn't.

enjoy philly with that DA. gonna be like the wild west.

What are his crazy policies? My wife voted for him so I assumed hes a communist.

• Like 1

Blue states went blue

Omg

this

Keep your head buried in the sand. It was not a good night for the Republican party. And you guys playing your usual role as blind idiots doesn't change that. :wave:

Just stating facts here in Virginia...

What are his crazy policies? My wife voted for him so I assumed hes a communist.

This cracked me up. :thumbsup:

Can't say I'm surprised that Trump threw the loser from his own party under the bus. Of course, afterward.

We all know that if the guy would have won, Trump would have sworn it was all because of him. But since he lost, it was all because the guy wasn't trumpian enough.

Yeah, that's it.

Mixed bag. Democrats held states they should win, but it could be a trend if republicans don't start delivering campaign promises. No repeal of the ACA. No tax plan. No help with medical costs. No infrastructure bill. No immigration reform, outside of DACA repeal, which is cold hearted, anti-American, and political suicide imo. Nothing on the Opioid crisis yet. And let's be honest here, Trump is an embarrassment with his Twitter slap fights and his actions. For 8 solid years the Republicans were the party of no, now they can't govern at all.....yet. They have time to right the ship, but they better start delivering.

Now, I do like some things Trump has done, but it's not much, and I'm not sure it outweighs his "antics". The VA accountability act is by far his best accomplishment. Leaving the Paris Accord is second.

Eta. I wouldn't call it a "bloodbath" tho.

being a communist is probably his best quality. zero experience as prosecutor. soros puppet....made living out of suing police department and city hall. best buds with lgbt, occupy and black lives matter activists. even called himself unelectable. loves illegal immigrants. basically you're typical poosay snowflake and now he's in charge of reforming philly's criminal justice system :lol:

Can't say I'm surprised that Trump threw the loser from his own party under the bus. Of course, afterward.

We all know that if the guy would have won, Trump would have sworn it was all because of him. But since he lost, it was all because the guy wasn't trumpian enough.

Yeah, that's it.

A truly abhorrent human being

Yeah, that's it.

Still stuck on party, I see.

Both parties have been hijacked. Try to keep up with the current reality. What's the difference between an Establishment Republican and a Democrat, other than a letter?

I see little to no difference.

The races being discussed mean nearly nothing in the real picture of what is at stake.

being a communist is probably his best quality. zero experience as prosecutor. soros puppet....made living out of suing police department and city hall. best buds with lgbt, occupy and black lives matter activists. even called himself unelectable. loves illegal immigrants. basically you're typical poosay snowflake and now he's in charge of reforming philly's criminal justice system :lol:

Cool. I don't care about philly or shine from there. I will chuckle when crime

Goes through the roof. I'm looking at you, Baltimore.

Cool. I don't care about philly or shine from there. I will chuckle when crime

Goes through the roof. I'm looking at you, Baltimore.

If crimes doesnt go through the roof youll probably have a good excuse.

If crimes doesnt go through the roof youll probably have a good excuse.

It will and you will say it's not through the roof.