Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

Trade Hopkins for Julio?

Wow this is a very interesting question.

Yes I would do it.

I just don't see Hopkins being able to produce like he once was.

Tough break with the injury to Watson.

It's not a vote for Jones he hasn't been much, but he has Ryan and Hopkins as some Savage.

I would also do it.

I honestly think the Upside of Hopkins isnt there with the current QB, but we have not sufficient proof that that is the case.

Julio certainly provides less risk that's for sure. He has a far better QB throwing him the ball.

Jones has always been very good at being inconsistent. Low scores / high scores.

If you play him in the playoffs, you could get 3 or 300.

Just something to think about.

Someone in our league did a Jones for Hopkins trade. It is the right call for this year getting Julio in a redreaft league. Hopkins may have a little more keeper value as he showed great chemistry with Watson. Julio I traded away this year as like a poster above said above me he has no consistency and I thought he would get hurt this year, but in this situation I would trade for Julio in a heartbeat.

People give Julio WAY too much credit for his name value. Hopkins is pretty much QB proof, and everyone is overreacting to Savage. Against a good defense, he put up WR1 numbers again. I wouldn't even put Julio in the same tier as Hopkins this season. At some point you have to consider that Julio isn't going to have that 300 yard game everyone is waiting for.

• Like 1

People give Julio WAY too much credit for his name value. Hopkins is pretty much QB proof, and everyone is overreacting to Savage. Against a good defense, he put up WR1 numbers again. I wouldn't even put Julio in the same tier as Hopkins this season. At some point you have to consider that Julio isn't going to have that 300 yard game everyone is waiting for.

Was he QB proof last season?

Based on your statement that Hopkins is pretty much QB proof.

So I ask you once again, what happen last season?

And you respond with a question about J Jones.

I guess that was our answer ok then.

Jones ranked 5th in ppr in avg points scored per game last season.

Now how about my Question?

Based on your statement that Hopkins is pretty much QB proof.

So I ask you once again, what happen last season?

And you respond with a question about J Jones.

I guess that was our answer ok then.

Jones ranked 5th in ppr in avg points scored per game last season.

Now how about my Question?

Thought my question was self explanatory, but I'll help. I was pointing out how last season stats are meaningless week 10 of this season. Hence, Jones being ranked 5th in PPR last season, and being nowhere near that this season. Do I need to explain how Hopkins has been QB proof this season?

I'll ask you a question now. What does a question about last season have anything to do with this topic?

Thought so still no answer.

Ok thanks.

I will move on now.

Julio may be the biggest round one flop. He spends more time looking at his lower leg and explaining it to the coaches? He is benched on my team now. I watched him for the second time yesterday. Something is physically/mentally wrong, and more important it is not getting better!!!!

• Like 1

I would trade Hopkins today for him.

I think Hopkins is not QB proof we saw that last season.

And his last two games without Watson, he has avg 19 points per game and that's very good.

But with Watson he was avg 21 per game.

And the more teams adjust to their QB situation the more I see Hopkins numbers be more equal to last season going forward.

QB proof my.

I would trade Hopkins today for him.

I think Hopkins is not QB proof we saw that last season.

And his last two games without Watson, he has avg 19 points per game and that's very good.

But with Watson he was avg 21 per game.

And the more teams adjust to their QB situation the more I see Hopkins numbers be more equal to last season going forward.

QB proof my.

So you're saying because he didn't have a great season in a different offense with a different QB last year, his WR1 numbers with Savage won't continue? Even though he's heavily targeted against both good and bad defenses. Let's hear some data to back that up. Sounds completely subjective since we've seen zero reason to worry about Hopkins so far.

Let's also completely throw out 2015 with Hoyer and Mallett where he was a top 3 WR.

So far is the point.

FF is about being ahead of what might happen.

Savage isn't the best QB that a wr like Hopkins can have.

And I do think that his ff points will drop.

They have already.

He was great in 2015 and because he was so good in 2015 he was a first round or even a second round bust in 2016.

I would trade him for Jones based on the fact that I think his ff points will start to go down with some else at QB.

And indeed they have already, in ppr he's act two less points per game since Watson was hurt.

Spreadsheets say Hopkins can be qb proof at times. Mixing that with actually laying eyes on the situation says Savage can tank the whole Texans team almost any quarter drive or week. With that, I would get out of the Hopkins game in redraft post-haste. Even if he ends up being okay, its a risk beyond what Id want. I dont know if Julio is the right guy but thats around what I would take.

So far is the point.

FF is about being ahead of what might happen.

Savage isn't the best QB that a wr like Hopkins can have.

And I do think that his ff points will drop.

They have already.

He was great in 2015 and because he was so good in 2015 he was a first round or even a second round bust in 2016.

I would trade him for Jones based on the fact that I think his ff points will start to go down with some else at QB.

And indeed they have already, in ppr he's act two less points per game since Watson was hurt.

I don't think ANYONE will argue that Hopkins was better with Watson, that's not really the point. Back to the topic, it was comparing Hokins to Julio. Based on what both players have shown, with any QB or situation, people are overvaluing Julio. Hopkins has shown in the last 2 games that he's still a WR1.

Granted, I will admit that Hopkins' schedule is brutal down the stretch.

I would agree about J Jones.

But getting ready for a ff playoff run I would trust Jones with Ryan, over Hopkins and Savage.

Right now no question on paper Hopkins as been great a true WR1 and Jones as been underperforming.

But the OP asked that question concerning these two players and I would trade Hopkins for Jones based of course on Watson getting hurt.

I would agree about J Jones.

But getting ready for a ff playoff run I would trust Jones with Ryan, over Hopkins and Savage.

Right now no question on paper Hopkins as been great a true WR1 and Jones as been underperforming.

But the OP asked that question concerning these two players and I would trade Hopkins for Jones based of course on Watson getting hurt.

Don't buy any of this. I stand by my point that EVERYONE is over valuing Julio based on his name. Hopkins shows zero sign of slowing down with Savage, even against terrible matchups. Case in point this past week.

This Seattle game last night soured me on Julio. Julio being somewhat clearly hurt makes speculation on his performances going forward a tough call. Ice isnt playing 2016 well, Atlanta is not exactly a points factory right now, and they cant figure out how to get Julio TDs. Its a scary situation to get involved in right now unless you can get a discount from a disgruntled Julio owner.

Meanwhile, Hopkins is at least abundantly targeted and a maestro of contested catches since hes accustomed to basically never being open and almost never having a good qb throwing him passes. I think Im in on Hopkins if the price is right. And that was not always the case as the above shows.

Don't buy any of this. I stand by my point that EVERYONE is over valuing Julio based on his name. Hopkins shows zero sign of slowing down with Savage, even against terrible matchups. Case in point this past week.

Then if I was you I would hold unto Hopkins.

I would trade him for Jones.

I'm not excited about either one but I just answering the question that was posted.

We will see what happens.

So I really wouldn't let it ruin your turkey day.

Thanks for the reply.

Happy Thanksgiving.