Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Julio Jones

After scoring only one TD (relax, it's obvious he won't get another one) this season, where do you think he will be drafted next year? I don't see him going until probably the 3rd round in our league, Sanu looks like the main guy there lately, he doesn't disappear in red zone.

• Like 1

If he drops to the third b/c of few tds this year he'll be a major value next year. Touchdowns are volatile and he's still averaging 5 catches and 70 yards a game. Not many guys doing that.

Was reading something the other day about Antonio Brown and Julio being the 1A and 1B WR's in the league, but I don't don't see it. Julio is on the Andre Johnson path at this point, lots of catches, decent yardage...minimal TD's.

Was reading something the other day about Antonio Brown and Julio being the 1A and 1B WR's in the league, but I don't don't see it. Julio is on the Andre Johnson path at this point, lots of catches, decent yardage...minimal TD's.

100% agree, my drafting him has been the worst 1st round pick I've made in our 25 year league.....................and he has an excellent matchup this week, meaning smart people will pick up Sanu. I hope he doesn't come around to me in 2nd round next year, because I won't draft him and then he'll be SURE to go off!

i own julio in a high stakes league...and im as frustrated as anyone even though my team is holding its own despite no big contributions from him

but i still have no problem calling him 1b to antonions 1a

first..antonio has another gear that basically nobody has...he gets to 60mph faster than just about anyone as is so quick in and out of his breaks....julio is bigger and takes him a bit longer to get going ...but julio is still a prototype with his size/speed ratio and catch radius

its clear julio is battling some nagging stuff....and the chemistry with ryan is just off this year.....kind of similar to the way the chemistry with ben and martavis bryant has been...only julio obviously gets more volume

You guys are crazy. Everything is there (skills, targets, yardage, increased red zone ISO looks, deep shots) except the TDs. Said it before--this might be the year Julio carries teams through the playoffs. Granted, his low TD number might keep some teams OUT of the playoffs but if you make it then you might be able to ride the wave.

What league is he going to carry a team into the playoffs?m

He's 14 in total points in ppr and 18th in avg per game in ppr.

The Falcons offense isn't even close to were they where last season.

I think I can still see him going round two.

I'm not going too rank him that high, but I can see others doing so.

Wholio has a 'PLUS' (per FF TODAY) matchup against Tampa Bay this week, let's see how he handles this one. I'm looking for 5-60, Ryan won't even (he knows better) look at him in red zone, he disappears there. Sanu will get the TDs.

You guys are crazy. Everything is there (skills, targets, yardage, increased red zone ISO looks, deep shots) except the TDs. Said it before--this might be the year Julio carries teams through the playoffs. Granted, his low TD number might keep some teams OUT of the playoffs but if you make it then you might be able to ride the wave.

Julio will likely see NOs Marshon Lattimore weeks 14 and 16, which is a bad thing. See Dougs AOB article from last week as a reference. Anything is possible and you cant be totally wrong when you only say might, but it seems unlikely Julio is going to carry teams through the playoffs. I hope he does since I do have him in one league and am on the bubble for making the playoffs.

Also, does anyone else always have

some of their punctuation (primarily apostraphes) removed after hitting submit when posting from their phone? This happens to me and its very annoying.

Yes! Im losing punctuations. It really takes the shine off of my material. Hehe.

Julio is great when hes not hurt. Right now, hes hurt.

If I were a Julio owner, I'd be expectant for a TD in this great matchup against Tampa Bay.

Expecting anything more than 80 yards and limping off the field several times would be going against everything weve seen this season.

If I were a Julio owner, I'd be expectant for a TD in this great matchup against Tampa Bay.

He has scored 1 td this season. A safe weekly projection for him is 5 74 0.

He has other great match ups before this one. I’d be shocked to see him score.

Julio has delivered not once but twice so far today. Given that he has scored 8 TDs in his last 10 games with TB, it wasn't that crazy to hope for one.

While I don't own him, I've got a lot of shares of him going in DFS today.

Julio will likely see NOs Marshon Lattimore weeks 14 and 16, which is a bad thing. See Dougs AOB article from last week as a reference. Anything is possible and you cant be totally wrong when you only say might, but it seems unlikely Julio is going to carry teams through the playoffs. I hope he does since I do have him in one league and am on the bubble for making the playoffs.

Also, does anyone else always have

some of their punctuation (primarily apostraphes) removed after hitting submit when posting from their phone? This happens to me and its very annoying.

And you can't totally be wrong when you only say 'unlikely'. Obv nothing is guaranteed.

All one can do is use real analysis and make plays. Looks like I had a clue regarding Julio.

And you can't totally be wrong when you only say 'unlikely'. Obv nothing is guaranteed.

All one can do is use real analysis and make plays. Looks like I had a clue regarding Julio.

Dominating in a cake matchup is a good first step. Hopefully he can do it in those tougher matchups in the playoffs. His monster effort today may get one of my teams a points-based wildcard berth.

Who saw the game? Did he look healthy? Did he run by, through anyone? I saw the Sanu pass replay, it looked like the defender was confused, but I loved it. Too late for me, but it is still fun to get some points out of my first round draft choice.

Sanu pass was awsome.

I don't think Sanu ever moved his legs when he made that pass.

He'll have another 250+ yard and 2 TD game to pad his stats.

At the end of the year he'll be close to 1,500 yards and 6 TD. Classic Julio Jones.

Shadowed and totally shut-down by Xavier Rhodes in Week 13. If Rhodes isn't the best CB in the NFL, I don't know who is.