Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Why do people think sandy hook was faked?

I think it's easier for some folks to believe there's an all knowing, all powerful, evil entity out there causing these things than it is for them to believe that anyone (read:their neighbors) could be unstable and snap at any time.

How badly do you want to clunt punch Adam Lanza's mother?

Well, my boy is showing signs of severe psychotic episodes. I know! I'll give him something to distract him! Like a high-powered rifle! Maybe a handgun too!

Perhaps the biggest tragedy is this stupid b**** didn't live long enough to see what her stupidity wrought.

Recent episode of This American Life is about one of the Sandy Hook parents efforts to get stuff about his dead kid and his family scrubbed off the Internet. I thought Alex Jones was a clown but he really comes off like a POS and after listening to this I hope he dies in a fire.

First half is about the SH dad, second half about Jones early years isn’t really worth listening to.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Recent episode of This American Life is about one of the Sandy Hook parents efforts to get stuff about his dead kid and his family scrubbed off the Internet. I thought Alex Jones was a clown but he really comes off like a POS and after listening to this I hope he dies in a fire.

First half is about the SH dad, second half about Jones early years isn’t really worth listening to.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

Thanks for sharing, this is hard to listen to, but fascinating.   And I agree on Alex Jones, if there is a hell I hope his stay is epic...

For-pretty-much-ever, I'd never listened to Alex Jones so everything I've posted about him in the past was based on what others were saying. The Sandy Hook thing was awful even though I'd never seen it but read about it from secondary sources critical of him. Then I saw a clip of him confronting Cenk Uigyer and thought it was epically funny. When a guy makes you laugh that hard, you get a soft spot for him.

So a couple of weeks ago, I saw he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and thought I'd actually give him an ear for the first time ever to see for myself what he's about. The man is a walking, living, breathing conspiracy theory but there seems to be a verifiable grain of truth at the center of whatever he says before he puts his crazy interpretation on what it means. The amount of whacky nonsense that comes out his mouth is hard to take in. There is a humor and entertainment value in it but it wasn't my sort of thing and I only made it 1/3 to halfway through.

He did walk back the Sandy Hook stuff. He believes it was not a hoax. 

The only thing that I find a little hard to believe about Sandy Hook is the idea that Adam Lambert killed all those children.

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

For-pretty-much-ever, I'd never listened to Alex Jones so everything I've posted about him in the past was based on what others were saying. The Sandy Hook thing was awful even though I'd never seen it but read about it from secondary sources critical of him. Then I saw a clip of him confronting Cenk Uigyer and thought it was epically funny. When a guy makes you laugh that hard, you get a soft spot for him.

So a couple of weeks ago, I saw he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and thought I'd actually give him an ear for the first time ever to see for myself what he's about. The man is a walking, living, breathing conspiracy theory but there seems to be a verifiable grain of truth at the center of whatever he says before he puts his crazy interpretation on what it means. The amount of whacky nonsense that comes out his mouth is hard to take in. There is a humor and entertainment value in it but it wasn't my sort of thing and I only made it 1/3 to halfway through.

If you haven’t yet, give the episode of This American Life I posted a whirl. Alex Jones is a piece of sh1t and the fact that it’s intended as “entertainment” or supposed to be “funny” when he accuses the parents of kids who got killed of lying actually makes it worse. If he was just a full on moonbat at least you’d excuse him. Instead he’s a dirtbag profiteer. 

I went from your opinion above to hoping he gets shot.

• Like 1

Well the good part is half the parents from the tragedy were crisis actors so hopefully we won’t get any more suicides. Must be awful to think back on such a horrible event even though there were no bodies and no blood. Senseless rifle killing, err handgun, err AK47, sorry the story kept changing about what gun was used so it’s hard to keep up. 

Interesting how much publicity and animosity the Sandy Hook truthers get compared to the 9/11 truthers.

Michael Moore made a focking movie about 9/11 being a hoax that won awards for focks sake.

The only reason anyone gives a Fock about Sandy Hook is that it was children who died. That is understandable. But let's not pretend like this is unique.

9/11 truthers claimed that the airplanes were all drones and that none of those people actually died. 

1 hour ago, SenatorRock said:

Interesting how much publicity and animosity the Sandy Hook truthers get compared to the 9/11 truthers.

Michael Moore made a focking movie about 9/11 being a hoax that won awards for focks sake.

The only reason anyone gives a Fock about Sandy Hook is that it was children who died. That is understandable. But let's not pretend like this is unique.

9/11 truthers claimed that the airplanes were all drones and that none of those people actually died. 

That's not what Moores movie was about. 

Moores movie was about 911 being a Bush led conspiracy, not a hoax. Never heard people who says people didn’t die in the planes, those are some real wackos.

43 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Moores movie was about 911 being a Bush led conspiracy, not a hoax. Never heard people who says people didn’t die in the planes, those are some real wackos.

It wasn't about that either.  

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It wasn't about that either.  

Michael Moore's political documentary uses humor and connect-the-dots investigative journalism to question the Bush administration's motives for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The film argues that President George W. Bush and his inner circle used the media to further an agenda that exploited the 9/11 attacks.

Yes it was. Unless we are splitting hairs here, yes it was.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Oh yeah, not hard to find. Maybe most popular is pgon was hit by missile. PA too.

22 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Michael Moore's political documentary uses humor and connect-the-dots investigative journalism to question the Bush administration's motives for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The film argues that President George W. Bush and his inner circle used the media to further an agenda that exploited the 9/11 attacks.

Yes it was. Unless we are splitting hairs here, yes it was.

Exploiting the 9/11 attacks and claiming the actual attacks were a conspiracy isnt splitting hairs. They are two very  different things. 

• Like 1

The thing about 9/11 is, they totally ruined it for every other subsequent hijacker. Remember back in the 70s we had those poor dumb bastards who tried to hijack a plane from Miami to Cuba? Or some crap hole like that? s***, for a while there, it was like catching a bus.

Yeah, good luck with that Pablo. Ever since 9/11 you're going to have 200 pre-diabetics charging out of the coach section to tackle your skinny ass.

"Let's Waddle!" 😤

21 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Seriously, since WHEN does fire melt STEEL?

Possibly when it mixes with jet fuel.

I think this kind of reaction is something of a self-defense mechanism to an extent.

When something happens that is so horrible I think our brain will process it as not being real, to protect itself.  We see this time and again, when people are facing certain death or a situation is so horrible or hopeless people behave in a way that they cannot see it as "real".

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Because he's getting his ass sued over it, not because he suddenly developed a conscience or anything.  

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exploiting the 9/11 attacks and claiming the actual attacks were a conspiracy isnt splitting hairs. They are two very  different things. 

Not sure how people can't understand that.  Seems pretty simple to me.  

3 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think this kind of reaction is something of a self-defense mechanism to an extent.

When something happens that is so horrible I think our brain will process it as not being real, to protect itself.  We see this time and again, when people are facing certain death or a situation is so horrible or hopeless people behave in a way that they cannot see it as "real".

I think it’s just hyperpartisanship.

Sandy Hook potentially makes gun control more possible, so wingnuts on the right float the idea it was fake to pre-emptivy undermine those efforts. Guys like Alex Jones know they’re making it all up but they count on the dumbest of the dumb believing it.

Just now, MDC said:

I think it’s just hyperpartisanship.

Sandy Hook potentially makes gun control more possible, so wingnuts on the right float the idea it was fake to pre-emptivy undermine those efforts. Guys like Alex Jones know they’re making it all up but they count on the dumbest of the dumb believing it.

I think in the case of Alex Jones yes this is true, he is a disturbing person, and it bothers me intensely that he has the ability to reach people.....but I support his speech, even if I find it vile.....we need to ensure people have alternative information, and I think it should be easy to help sane people see reality.

3 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think in the case of Alex Jones yes this is true, he is a disturbing person, and it bothers me intensely that he has the ability to reach people.....but I support his speech, even if I find it vile.....we need to ensure people have alternative information, and I think it should be easy to help sane people see reality.

Jones’ claims were clearly libel / defamation and a lawyer could credibly make the case that Jones encouraged the harassment of the victims’ parents by repeatedly naming them individually as “crisis actors.” 

I am glad he got deplatformed. YouTube etc. probably wanted no parts of hosting content that’s almost certain to result in lawsuits and had the potential to get someone assaulted or killed.

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Seriously, since WHEN does fire melt STEEL?

How hot do the chemtrail chemicals burn?  That's probably how it got so hot.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Jones’ claims were clearly libel / defamation and a lawyer could credibly make the case that Jones encouraged the harassment of the victims’ parents by repeatedly naming them individually as “crisis actors.” 

I am glad he got deplatformed. YouTube etc. probably wanted no parts of hosting content that’s almost certain to result in lawsuits and had the potential to get someone assaulted or killed.

Jones is an idiot. My dad listens to drivel like this and my dad is a loser, a focking moron, and has mental health issues. So if anybody is going to be deplatformed, it may as well be him, but doing so opens up the possibility for other people to get deplatformed. Seems to me it's best to leave him alone than start being expected to police content.

I do think a case can be made for deplatforming him.... but not for saying what he said about Sandy Hook as distasteful as that is. I think he has free speech. What he'd done, allegedly in the podcast you shared, was doxxed Lenny Pozner. That's a bridge too far. Alex swears up and down that he didn't encourage people to go looking for trouble or harass the parents, if he did that, another thing to deplatform him for. Really, I'd as soon not go there and leave that can of worms unopened.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Jones is an idiot. My dad listens to drivel like this and my dad is a loser, a focking moron, and has mental health issues. So if anybody is going to be deplatformed, it may as well be him, but doing so opens up the possibility for other people to get deplatformed. Seems to me it's best to leave him alone than start being expected to police content.

I do think a case can be made for deplatforming him.... but not for saying what he said about Sandy Hook as distasteful as that is. I think he has free speech. What he'd done, allegedly in the podcast you shared, was doxxed Lenny Pozner. That's a bridge too far. Alex swears up and down that he didn't encourage people to go looking for trouble or harass the parents, if he did that, another thing to deplatform him for. Really, I'd as soon not go there and leave that can of worms unopened.

If Jones said the Sandy Hook shooting was faked and left it at that I don’t think Pozner et al would have much of a case. What he did was repeatedly accuse them of being crisis actors and part of a conspiracy by name. That’s clearly defamation and arguably encouraging the harassment and death threats Pozner unsurprisingly received.

I don’t think media platforms should be in the business of moderating good taste or truthiness, but removing content that is the subject of a criminal investigation or ongoing suit may be a good place to draw the line if only to protect themselves legally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

If Jones said the Sandy Hook shooting was faked and left it at that I don’t think Pozner et al would have much of a case. What he did was repeatedly accuse them of being crisis actors and part of a conspiracy by name. That’s clearly defamation and arguably encouraging the harassment and death threats Pozner unsurprisingly received.

I don’t think media platforms should be in the business of moderating good taste or truthiness, but removing content that is the subject of a criminal investigation or ongoing suit may be a good place to draw the line if only to protect themselves legally.

Sounds reasonable to me. I've got no complaints.

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

I am not unhappy that he has diminished access to people.  That being said, I am more opposed to the inclination to silence people than I am to his ignorant rants.

7 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I am not unhappy that he has diminished access to people.  That being said, I am more opposed to the inclination to silence people than I am to his ignorant rants.

If Jones was a BLM protestor you’d be hoping he dies in a fire. Instead he accuses the parents of murdered children of being crisis actors and you’re worried about his free speech because he got banned from YouTube. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

These companies have no obligation to give anyone access to their platform and can refuse to do so for anyone they don't want to host.  I mean, is Fox obligated to give Michael Moore or Rachel Maddow airtime or is CNN obligated to give airtime to Tucker Carlson or Bill O'Relly?  Why would they not be subject to the same rules?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kanil said:

These companies have no obligation to give anyone access to their platform and can refuse to do so for anyone they don't want to host.  I mean, is Fox obligated to give Michael Moore or Rachel Maddow airtime or is CNN obligated to give airtime to Tucker Carlson or Bill O'Relly?  Why would they not be subject to the same rules?

I don't understand the question. 

1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I don't understand the question. 

Maybe I was making a leap thinking you were saying Jones should be allowed on YouTube/Facebook, etc... My question was that if that's the case, why not the other scenarios I brought up.

8 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Maybe I was making a leap thinking you were saying Jones should be allowed on YouTube/Facebook, etc... My question was that if that's the case, why not the other scenarios I brought up.

I see, that makes sense....

No, I think those platforms have every right to police their stuff and not allow this individual to use it.  In the same way I support a baker to not serve a cake for a homosexual couple, each entity should be able to make those decisions for themselves, without reservation.

That being said, there are instances of people attempting to silence other people, I am not with that. I am not with the government, in particular universities that receive government funding, to deny speech to anyone.

Unless you guys are ACTUALLY listening to Alex Jones / Info wars, you're simply getting the media's depiction of him, them and what they ACTUALLY say and do. So if you don't listen, you're simply misinformed.

He's been misquoted, demonized & robbed. 

12 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Unless you guys are ACTUALLY listening to Alex Jones / Info wars, you're simply getting the media's depiction of him, them and what they ACTUALLY say and do. So if you don't listen, you're simply misinformed.

He's been misquoted, demonized & robbed. 

Why is it people like you can't see the damage that is done to the parents of these kids that were killed when you use their tragedy for your silly nonsense? You make light of the event that robbed them of their child and ruined their lives? You cause even more pain so you can get your jollies? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why is it people like you can't see the damage that is done to the parents of these kids that were killed when you use their tragedy for your silly nonsense? You make light of the event that robbed them of their child and ruined their lives? You cause even more pain so you can get your jollies? 

Wow........there's no pleasure to be gained.

also, did you go fock yerself yet?