Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Gronk's new WWE video

No doubt he gets suspended......but anyone believe that it will be for more than 1 game, putting him out for week 15 (playoffs in most leagues)?

For f*cks sake, I lost Crabtree for a week for being an undisciplined P.O.S. and now I'll lose Gronk's moronic ass.

No doubt he gets suspended......but anyone believe that it will be for more than 1 game, putting him out for week 15 (playoffs in most leagues)?

With Crabtree and Talib only getting one (after appeal), no way Gronk gets more.

Was that a Pats broadcaster saying good for him? As if guy deserved it for holding?

Holy crap what a homer

• Like 1

I don't think that warrants a suspension though.

You are joking, right? If it were Brady receiving the people's elbow, would you think the same? He put him in concussion protocol. Maybe somebody should go for his knees and apologize later.

If you look at it in slow motion, you will see that he was either going for the Top Rope Elbow Drop or the Tombstone Piledriver. If you slow it down even more, it is clear that this was a Perfectplex.

I don't think that warrants a suspension though.

What? How is this not worse than simply punching a dude in the back of the head? Wow.

Probably 1 week. But jeez, this needs 2 or three weeks. How the heck should the league continue to allow this blatent crap?

Probably 1 week. But jeez, this needs 2 or three weeks. How the heck should the league continue to allow this blatent crap?

I agree. This was worse than the Green/Ramsey or Crabtree/Talib. This was a total cheap shot with a unaware player in a very vulnerable position. Not to mention a head shot that may have caused a concussion.

I agree. This was worse than the Green/Ramsey or Crabtree/Talib. This was a total cheap shot with a unaware player in a very vulnerable position. Not to mention a head shot that may have caused a concussion.

Heck, if they suspended him for the rest of the year I wouldn't argue against it. How is this not the perfect example of someone both being a on purpose and knowing he could seriously hurt the guy by his actions. The league seriously needs to make a huge statement here. It's not just a couple hotheads getting into a fight.

Now we all know that the NFL cares very much for the safety of their players.

And when a super star player like The Gronk does something that hurt someone like the cheap shot he gave unto this player.

That the NFL will indeed do what is right for the NFL, they want to get paid and they will see that a player like The Gronk does indeed put butts in the seats.

He should easily be suspended for no less then one game, I say two for how ridiculous his reaction and commits after the game about how he did it out of frustration because he thought there should have been a flag for pass interference.

But now now it's the NFL, and they indeed care. For the Money.

Now we all know that the NFL cares very much for the safety of their players.

And when a super star player like The Gronk does something that hurt someone like the cheap shot he gave unto this player.

That the NFL will indeed do what is right for the NFL, they want to get paid and they will see that a player like The Gronk does indeed put butts in the seats.

He should easily be suspended for no less then one game, I say two for how ridiculous his reaction and commits after the game about how he did it out of frustration because he thought there should have been a flag for pass interference.

But now now it's the NFL, and they indeed care. For the Money.

I don't think if gronkowski was out for the year that Pats fans would stay home or not watch the team on TV. Including fans that hate the Pats and want to see them lose.

Heck, if they suspended him for the rest of the year I wouldn't argue against it. How is this not the perfect example of someone both being a ###### on purpose and knowing he could seriously hurt the guy by his actions. The league seriously needs to make a huge statement here. It's not just a couple hotheads getting into a fight.

lol keep dreaming. funny how everyone calls for even more punishment when its a Patriot. I say if he doesnt stand for the national anthem they should hit em too. :clap: :banana:

lol keep dreaming. funny how everyone calls for even more punishment when its a Patriot. I say if he doesnt stand for the national anthem they should hit em too. :clap: :banana:

I don't hate the patriots. I just think that's about the biggest cheap shot I've ever seen. Outside of some hockey situations that is.

I don't think if gronkowski was out for the year that Pats fans would stay home or not watch the team on TV. Including fans that hate the Pats and want to see them lose.

I know you don't.

But I think the NFL does.

They cash in on their super studs.

I think he needs to miss no less then two games, but in no way would I be surprised that he doesn't even miss a game.

Once again the NFL loves it's money.

The root of evil, as it says in the Bible= the love of money.

To give him a one game suspension like the others would be unjust. Gronk's actions aren't the same and don't warrant the same punishment. Green/Ramsey and Talib/Crabtree were mutual hotheads acting in mutual situations. White was laying on the ground after the play and Gronk carefully timed his approach and hit him from behind. Shameful.

Should get 2 games.

I know you don't.

But I think the NFL does.

They cash in on their super studs.

I think he needs to miss no less then two games, but in no way would I be surprised that he doesn't even miss a game.

Once again the NFL loves it's money.

The root of evil, as it says in the Bible= the love of money.

You think the ratings will be higher if it's NE vs. Philly in the suberbowl rather than Pitt vs. Philly?

What NE football fan is going to throw away their playoff tickets or not tune into any playoff games if gronkowski is suspended?

What general football fan wouldn't go to or watch on TV the Pitt/NE game?

I don't see how you are calculating that drop off in viewership.

Come on...is this really the worst thing a Patriots TE has ever done?

I don't hate the patriots. I just think that's about the biggest cheap shot I've ever seen. Outside of some hockey situations that is.

burfict bumps ref has a history and gets no suspension...just tossed

aj green and ramsey get into a full fledge fist fight and brawl and no suspension....just tossed

what gronk did was wrong no doubt but with zero history of this behavior does he get a huge fine and no games?

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm familiar with this. I put them on the same level. And look how far back this goes. And some of the late hits we see every other week are by players that are slightly late in the play. Like right after a QB throws the ball. This one is right up there in someone simply trying to hurt someone well after the play. He had plenty of time to think what he wanted to do.

You think the ratings will be higher if it's NE vs. Philly in the suberbowl rather than Pitt vs. Philly?

What NE football fan is going to throw away their playoff tickets or not tune into any playoff games if gronkowski is suspended?

What general football fan wouldn't go to or watch on TV the Pitt/NE game?

I don't see how you are calculating that drop off in viewership.

I don't, I'm not the NFL.

I think it's the way the NFL sees it.

The NFL product of the star players, and NFL does indeed cater too those players.

It's all about the money. The Root of evil, the love of money.

You are joking, right? If it were Brady receiving the people's elbow, would you think the same? He put him in concussion protocol. Maybe somebody should go for his knees and apologize later.

I hope someone takes out his knees. Guy is a whiny, immature ape. Next game against the Bills I hope they chop block him every play.

I don't, I'm not the NFL.

I think it's the way the NFL sees it.

The NFL product of the star players, and NFL does indeed cater too those players.

It's all about the money. The Root of evil, the love of money.

I disagree.

1) Explain Brady and Deflategate then? The fans could have cared less about that, yet Goodell spent 2 years it seems like trying to get that to stick.

2) Explain Zeke. They had a built in out when the only investigator (a black women as well) that actually met with the victim didn't believe her and recommended zero punishment. If they were just about the money, why would they go above her and push so hard for 6 games still?

I hope someone takes out his knees. Guy is a whiny, immature ape. Next game against the Bills I hope they chop block him every play.

Dec. 24 ☺

I disagree.

1) Explain Brady and Deflategate then? The fans could have cared less about that, yet Goodell spent 2 years it seems like trying to get that to stick.

2) Explain Zeke. They had a built in out when the only investigator (a black women as well) that actually met with the victim didn't believe her and recommended zero punishment. If they were just about the money, why would they go above her and push so hard for 6 games still?

Yeah, there is really no angle for not suspending gronkowski other than they may be afraid of being inconsistent in their punishments. The examples that were brought up about players fighting and bumping refs and not getting suspended help perpetuate things like this happening down the line.

I disagree.

I think they should and hope they do suspend him also.

I'm just not sure they will do so.

And your right they did go after Brady and the Zeke.

And then we see Green fighting with the Jags DB and neither of them where suspended, but we did see that Evans was. The NFL isn't the place too show how it is too be consistent with ones decision making.

So I would agree with your disagreement with my assessment of this issue.

Thanks for the reply

I'm thinking 3 games, with it getting reduced to 2.

(just long enough to miss the Steelers game in Wk 15).

:overhead:

Yeah, I'm familiar with this. I put them on the same level. And look how far back this goes. And some of the late hits we see every other week are by players that are slightly late in the play. Like right after a QB throws the ball. This one is right up there in someone simply trying to hurt someone well after the play. He had plenty of time to think what he wanted to do.

I'm going to disagree with you but there is definitely room for reasonable differing opinions.

In that incident Martin had an actual hit list of players written down which included McMahon. McMahon had a very publicized injured shoulder he was playing with and Martin picked up him up and threw him down on that specific shoulder. Premeditation and with the intent to injure sufficiently to remove him from that game at a minimum. We have seen these cases over time including the highly publicized "bounty gate" that are much more egregious than this Gronk incident IMO.

My intent is not to minimize the Gronk incident but to highlight how bad some others are. For me it doesn't rise anywhere near the same level as many of pre-meditated and/or even intent to harm repeat offenders like Suh.

Suspend Gronk and throw the book at him and I have no problem with it. Even doing so based on the fact he is high profile or there have been a bevy of recent other incidents and the league feels it needs to send a strict message, no problem, its cool with me.

But if it turns out they don't suspend him or its only 1 game that then gets reduced away on appeal I don't think its necessarily about money. As a society we treat premeditation and crimes of passion differently even if they have the same result all the time for better or worse. To me that was Gronk losing his cool and he deserves what he gets......... but I don't categorize it as you do.

I'm going to disagree with you but there is definitely room for reasonable differing opinions.

In that incident Martin had an actual hit list of players written down which included McMahon. McMahon had a very publicized injured shoulder he was playing with and Martin picked up him up and threw him down on that specific shoulder. Premeditation and with the intent to injure sufficiently to remove him from that game at a minimum. We have seen these cases over time including the highly publicized "bounty gate" that are much more egregious than this Gronk incident IMO.

My intent is not to minimize the Gronk incident but to highlight how bad some others are. For me it doesn't rise anywhere near the same level as many of pre-meditated and/or even intent to harm repeat offenders like Suh.

Suspend Gronk and throw the book at him and I have no problem with it. Even doing so based on the fact he is high profile or there have been a bevy of recent other incidents and the league feels it needs to send a strict message, no problem, its cool with me.

But if it turns out they don't suspend him or its only 1 game that then gets reduced away on appeal I don't think its necessarily about money. As a society we treat premeditation and crimes of passion differently even if they have the same result all the time for better or worse. To me that was Gronk losing his cool and he deserves what he gets......... but I don't categorize it as you do.

You are right that this is not in the category of the New Orleans situation, although I would bet that type of thing goes on in different ways still.

I think my overall view on this subject is that fighting, very late hits, blatent cheap shots need to cost the individuals significantly (and therefore the team) before they ever stop happening. Borderline stuff should be recognized as such, to the best of their ability that is, and just throw the flags. Gronkowski in this case was obvious intent to harm.

1 game suspension. They play Miami next week. Big deal.

he needed the rest anyhow.

It wont even effect the Pats in the least bit.