Sign in to follow this  
cavern

Question concerning this week's rankings and Jamaal Williams

i'm in RB hell in a couple of leagues (DJ related), but have jamaal williams. this site is really high on him this week. i guess i would be too if i wasn't worried about aaron jones reemerging. is there an indication "out there" that it's clearly jamaal's job at this point?

just curious if anyone has input

I don't think it is truly his job.

I have a question for Mike....

You saw what Xavier Rhodes did to Julio last week, two little catches. Why do you think Funchess is going to go off against him? Thanks.

It is his......be at peace.

i really want to be at peace on the issue. but then i go and check the depth chart and it's still aaron jones listed at #1. not a definitive answer, but not comforting either

You saw what Xavier Rhodes did to Julio last week, two little catches. Why do you think Funchess is going to go off against him? Thanks.

I have to agree, Newton is also ranked way too high for me. I just don't see how Carolina moves the ball consistently this week. Although, one thing I've noticed about Funchess is that he seems to get the bulk of his fantasy points in one drive of the game. He'll be a dud for three and a half quarters, and then he'll have one drive where Cam targets him 4 times for 3 catches 60 yards and a TD. I'm sitting Cam this week, but starting Funchess because I still think he has a decent shot at a TD, based on his size and target share, and that's really all he needs to be the WR3 I'm starting him as.

I have to agree, Newton is also ranked way too high for me. I just don't see how Carolina moves the ball consistently this week. Although, one thing I've noticed about Funchess is that he seems to get the bulk of his fantasy points in one drive of the game. He'll be a dud for three and a half quarters, and then he'll have one drive where Cam targets him 4 times for 3 catches 60 yards and a TD. I'm sitting Cam this week, but starting Funchess because I still think he has a decent shot at a TD, based on his size and target share, and that's really all he needs to be the WR3 I'm starting him as.

what i've noticed is that they fall behind and suddenly Cam finds him during garbage time. Just my observation though.

what i've noticed is that they fall behind and suddenly Cam finds him during garbage time. Just my observation though.

That was clearly the case this past weekend, but I haven't paid close enough attention to see if that's how it's been all year. I just know I consistently look at my score one minute, regretting that I played him, and it refreshes and hes suddenly a solid start.

We haven't received any indication yet on how the backfield touches will go in Green Bay this week. Until we get some better info, I'm not inclinded to move Williams down the rankings.

• Like 1

Marvin Jones did OK against Rhodes on Thanksgiving. That being said, I did move Funchess down a bit after doing more studying on this game. I get the feeling we could see a lot of dump offs to McCaffrey.

I think Jones will be more involved this weekend.