Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Daniel Murphy to the cubs.

At least he cant destroy them in the playoffs like he always seems to do. Maybe Bryants shoulder is worse than they thought

Interesting move, especially since Bote has been playing so well. Assuming Bryant does come back, it seems like Russell will be the odd man out.

At least he cant destroy them in the playoffs like he always seems to do. Maybe Bryants shoulder is worse than they thought

This is true

:lol:

Tigers thought the same thing when they signed arch-nemesis Joe Nathan to be their closer. He definitely was still able to destroy them.

• Like 1

The Nationals must be extremely happy the Mets exist., despite the Mets recent World Series appearances compared to the Nationals none, the Mets have obviously been a laughing stock.

The Nationals sure do get to skate without much backlash. The Nationals have to be among the all-time underachievers.

I should have clarified,he also had a game tying bottom of the 9th HR on 7-26 also has a walk off walk and has a total of like 91 plate appearances.

Bote delivers another walk off in the 10th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2018/08/24/david-bote-delivers-another-walkoff-homer-cubs-win/26QzIO1uLjUipqvHEWXWbN/amp.html

2 for 4 yesterday with 3 RBIs.

He's become quite a story.

With Bryant (hopefully) returning soon, Las Stella becoming a great pinch hitter, and the signing of Murphy, the Cubs are gonna have some solid bench options come playoff time.

Phils put waiver claim on Joey Bats

And completed a trade for him...

:lol:

Third team this season. Hitting .196

Yawn,

He was a serviable enough player for the Mets.

He was a serviable enough player for the Mets.

He did hit .204 as a Met, so that was an improvement...

Hes a bench bat and thats it.

Look at this guy. Lol.

Great comeback win for the Yankees. Nothing like a walk off homerun at the stadium.

Yankees get McCutchen. Always liked him. Could also mean Judge isn't close to playing.

Yankees get McCutchen.

Talk about getting a guy at the bottom of the barrel for the year...

The Braves bullpen is going to be their downfall if they make it to the post-season...

Oof...

Yanks running out of gas. Sanchez needs to go in the off season.

Should get a good haul for him.

Yanks running out of gas. Sanchez needs to go in the off season.

Should get a good haul for him.

Not after his performance this year... I know that they can say it was because he was injured this year, but I don't know if that can justify his issues behind the plate...

Not after his performance this year... I know that they can say it was because he was injured this year, but I don't know if that can justify his issues behind the plate...

Oh I think he's done catching. But he can hit, and another team can have some patience with him. Yankees can't. It's World Series time starting next year.

Current odds to win the WS

Boston Red Sox +333

Houston Astros +450

New York Yankees +600

Cleveland Indians +850

Chicago Cubs +900

Bovada is pretty high on the AL.

The Braves bullpen is going to be their downfall if they make it to the post-season...

Oof...

The Red Sox basically told the Braves that they could have that game. They sat Betts, Martinez, Bogaerts, Kinsler, and Nunez, while putting Velasquez out on the mound. They wanted to give guys 2 days off and were willing to concede the game. Down 7-1 in the 8th, the Braves had their butts clenched after a couple of bloop hits. It took Phillips jacking one with 2 outs in the 9th to win as it was.

Ohtani recommend to have Tommy John. Hope he comes back from it. I think it's incredibly entertaining to have a two way player in baseball.

Rowdy Tellez of the Jays became the first player in the live ball era (since 1920) to record extra-base hits in each of his first three plate appearances...

Rowdy Tellez of the Jays became the first player in the live ball era (since 1920) to record extra-base hits in each of his first three plate appearances...

I got extra bases from your mom my first three appearances

Harper is such a focking doosh poser.

Running the bases, heading to third, purposely flips his helmet off halfway there so his hair can can flow freely.

Running the bases, heading to third, purposely flips his helmet off halfway there so his hair can can flow freely.

He has done that his entire career channeling his internal Gary Matthews...

He has done that his entire career channeling his internal Gary Matthews...

Ive seen him flip his hair after hitting homers, but thats the first time Ive seen him do it on the base paths with the ball in play.

I really hope he gets drilles in the back of the head by a right fielder next time.

Overrated doosh poser.

• Like 1

Cubs/Brewers last regular season series of the season starts tonight. Cubs are now only 2 games ahead of the Brewers.

The table is set for some good baseball at Wrigley.